Adult Language Dak: He's Lying About the money, right? Fish Live

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Not a chance. The frustration level with Dak is at an all time high. It can't get any higher. We know he can't win a super bowl. Yet, he wants to be paid the highest paid player in the history of the league. You think that drafting a QB in the first (while using all that cap space wasted on Dak to actually make the team better) and waiting to see if they can deliver would be more frustrating than what we are experiencing with Dak? No. The Cowboys are wasting their time and the fans time now. At least with a new QB we could be building for something.
Okay and replacing the QB is fine, but what your saying here is you DO believe this FO could win a SB if not for this current QB the last 8 years? what explains the 20 before that?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Trevor Lawrence is more talented than Dak, and making do with less around him. He's also MUCH YOUNGER than Dak, so he has tons more upside. It's almost certain lawrence will accomplish more than Dak when it is all said and done.

I'd take Lawrence right now over Dak without any hesitation whatsoever.
There were plenty of QBs more talented than Tom Brady, which is why he was a sixth round pick. The fact is Trevor Lawrence hasn’t come close to living up to his pre-draft hype. His career numbers have been average and he has a losing QB record. Matthew Stafford had a lot less around him in Detroit, but still put up numbers. Lawrence hasn’t even eclipsed 25 TD passes in a season. His numbers last season regressed from the previous season. He has a career 85.0 passer rating. Had he been a lower round pick he would’ve never gotten paid.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
That would be an interesting strategy. It would certainly answer the questions about whether the defense is as good as advertised and whether Rush would get exposed with extended playing time. The defense would certainly have to take it up a notch or two given that the offense has struggled to get past the 20 point mark with Rush starting. It might work but remember when it "worked" in 2022 we had essentially two thousand yard rushers and 4 pro-bowl linemen. Now we're down to possibly zero thousand rushers and MAYBE two pro-bowl linemen. But if they go that route I wouldn't scream any less loud for my team on Sundays! I would just adjust my expectations for scoring and probably wins..
your right Ronnie, and for this year it would not work good unless the jones boys made some last minute acquisitions.
Heck I would trade for Brett Rypien , and pick up Dinucci for peanuts. It would be fun to watch cowboys again with either one of those guys or both.
I saw Brett in the Hof game, and he looked good, and is a rookie I believe, but he wont play in chicago as I think they spent a # 1 on a qb ?
Dinucci, I watched him play in the xfl , and his team had no run game, and weak OL, and he got them to playoffs, and I thought he looked good.

So there are guys out there, and then rush could get a shot too, or keep him as bkup.

The run game this year might suck, as they are rolling with elliot as the main guy, he will start and get most carries lol.
So with a shaky OL, it doesn't bode well.

This is one thing I don't get, the jones boys made the roster worse, then bring elliot back and make him starter lol, and now they say
win or else your gone ! Kinda crazy.
Then on top of that they don't sign dak or lamb lol, which I kind of like, but it isnt conducive to winning this year.
That should be part of a longer-term plan, which doesn't include winning this year.

Last edited:

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
There were plenty of QBs more talented than Tom Brady, which is why he was a sixth round pick. The fact is Trevor Lawrence hasn’t come close to living up to his pre-draft hype. His career numbers have been average and he has a losing QB record. Matthew Stafford had a lot less around him in Detroit, but still put up numbers. Lawrence hasn’t even eclipsed 25 TD passes in a season. His numbers last season regressed from the previous season. He has a career 85.0 passer rating. Had he been a lower round pick he would’ve never gotten paid.
you will hear how "He plays for a bad Franchise" and what i keep trying to tell people here is..guess what our franchise is now considered...most dont want to hear it. The Jags have done things a couple of times now since we have done anything. This FO can not be considered better than the Jags FO based on the last 28 years....

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
he kinda does though. Just depends on how u look at it.
Without dumb and dumber he wouldnt be the cowboys qb, and wouldnt be making as much $
They helped him with sponser deals back when on rookie deal, they chose him over romo, and they gave him the 40 mil a year deal
when after he just broke his leg.
Many teams would have just let him walk after the broke leg thing.
I can’t say that. I can’t for sure say that. Especially since Kirk Cousins just got paid after getting hurt.

They didn’t sign Dak out of the kindness of their heart they did it because they had no choice which is his most teams operate. Desperation.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Dak Prescott wants to be a free agent. He is one in just over 200 days. There is no circumstance that will compel Dak to seek a trade. Un addition, any team with an interest in acquiring him is aware of the Cowboys situation with Dak. They all know he’s going to be expensive. If an interested team has a poor season they can enter the bidding process for Dak next March and still have their roster and draft assets intact. Jerry Jones signed away any control over Dak when he agreed to the no trade clause in Dak’s current contract. Give up the fantasy of ever trading Dak Prescott.
If he's made aware that he won't sniff the playing field in 2024, there is NO WAY that Prescot and his agents would stand for this. They would be up in arms demanding a trade and just think if the Cowboys went on a winning streak with Prescot on the bench, he would accept a trade to any team just to get out of Texas...........LOL!

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
If he's made aware that he won't sniff the playing field in 2024, there is NO WAY that Prescot and his agents would stand for this. They would be up in arms demanding a trade and just think if the Cowboys went on a winning streak with Prescot on the bench, he would accept a trade to any team just to get out of Texas...........LOL!
There is no circumstance in which Prescott/France will agree to a trade. They would welcome being outright released.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
your right Ronnie, and for this year it would not work good unless the jones boys made some last minute acquisitions.
Heck I would trade for Brett Rypien , and pick up Dinucci for peanuts. It would be fun to watch cowboys again with either one of those guys or both.
I saw Brett in the Hof game, and he looked good, and is a rookie I believe, but he wont play in chicago as I think they spent a # 1 on a qb ?
Dinucci, I watched him play in the xfl , and his team had no run game, and weak OL, and he got them to playoffs, and I thought he looked good.

So there are guys out there, and then rush could get a shot too, or keep him as bkup.

The run game this year might suck, as they are rolling with elliot as the main guy, he will start and get most carries lol.
So with a shaky OL, it doesn't bode well.

This is one thing I don't get, the jones boys made the roster worse, then bring elliot back and make him starter lol, and now they say
win or else your gone ! Kinda crazy.
Then on top of that they don't sign dak or lamb lol, which I kind of like, but it isnt conducive to winning this year.
That should be part of a longer-term plan, which doesn't include winning this year.
I get the concept but frankly I am never in favor of seeing more losing than winning. My guess is Lamb aint signin unless Dak gets signed. He knows that the prime of his career might be wasted while the Cowboys are trying to find a suitable replacement for Dak if it plays out that way. I'm sure he has talked to Devante Adams about that. Anybody think Justin Jefferson's career arc stays on the same trajectory if whoever the hell the Vikings roll out at QB doesn't pan out?

Dinucci? Ole side-arm Ben? Unless something has drastically improved that dude is not an NFL QB. But if tanking is the strategy?... Hmmmm...

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
How many of you would negotiate for a lower raise than offered?

Lol.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
There is no circumstance in which Prescott/France will agree to a trade. They would welcome being outright released.
JJ won't do that if he thinks he has the upper hand and he will have the upper hand if Prescott/France demand an outright release. The ball would then be in JJ's court and you can bet the house he's going to want to come out of this type of situation smelling like a Texas Rose and would suggest that a trade is the answer to this issue.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
JJ won't do that if he thinks he has the upper hand and he will have the upper hand if Prescott/France demand an outright release. The ball would then be in JJ's court and you can bet the house he's going to want to come out of this type of situation smelling like a Texas Rose and would suggest that a trade is the answer to this issue.
Dak is preparing for the season. He’s not demanding anything. He’s not asking to be traded. He’s not holding out or “holding in”. He’s not asking to be released. Dak Prescott is honoring the contract he signed with the Cowboys. I imagine he has a number he’d agree to a subsequent contract with the Dallas Cowboys. If that’s not forthcoming he is apparently willing to let the NFL franchises, in general, inform him what he’s worth. Isn’t that what a team should want from all their players under contract?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Dak is preparing for the season. He’s not demanding anything. He’s not asking to be traded. He’s not holding out or “holding in”. He’s not asking to be released. Dak Prescott is honoring the contract he signed with the Cowboys. I imagine he has a number he’d agree to a subsequent contract with the Dallas Cowboys. If that’s not forthcoming he is apparently willing to let the NFL franchises, in general, inform him what he’s worth. Isn’t that what a team should want from all their players under contract?
Dak is going to FA..he would be an idiot not to. OR Jerry pays him too much, in which case Jerry would be an idiot because i have 28 years of proof Jerry the GM can not build a SB caliber team...

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Well well! Looks like some people are finally coming to their senses about letting Prescott walk.
even american cowboy is saying if he wants 60 he can leave ! and that is something, cause AC was a diehard dak fan.

Jerry has screwed up with fans this off season, and now dak and cd are too.

I think most fans would like to see both leave.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Again, the Dallas offense punted FIVE times and had TWO turnover on downs. They had their chances and failed.
that is 7 possessions ,they had 8 I guess, scored on 1.
That is pretty bad. I think MM and some others are to blame for doing that bad, along with dak.
They keep saying they will get better but never do.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nice try.... baiting me to call people out and get banned... you rascal you! :muttley: :muttley: :muttley:
main-qimg-748eebdf2e132f7aec0ba18f2d659c59-lq

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Dak is going to FA..he would be an idiot not to. OR Jerry pays him too much, in which case Jerry would be an idiot because i have 28 years of proof Jerry the GM can not build a SB caliber team...
Dak walks out in free agency and Dallas gets a 3rd round comp pick for it, Jerry’s an idiot. Dak remains with the Cowboys because Jerry agrees to pay him what he wants… Jerry is an idiot. Jerry is in a tough spot.