Adult Language Dak: He's Lying About the money, right? Fish Live

RonnieT24

Reaction score
name the barbies?
People don't know Wentz, Goff, Lawrence, and Herbert for starters? At different times these people have thrown up Mayfield as better.. Jimmy G, Derek Carr... the list is as long as Texas is hot in the summer. Hell there have been people on this forum advocating starting Cooper Rush and cutting Dak. The stupid runs deep here.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
People don't know Wentz, Goff, Lawrence, and Herbert for starters? At different times these people have thrown up Mayfield as better.. Jimmy G, Derek Carr... the list is as long as Texas is hot in the summer. Hell there have been people on this forum advocating starting Cooper Rush and cutting Dak. The stupid runs deep here.
Someone is really getting frustrated knowing Dak's time in Dallas is done. Time to go find a "barbie". smfh

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I dont think you have the facts to back that up lol.
He may make 70 million this year and 30 the next, then 10 then 80, but over the 10 years it is still the same 50 million apy.
Which is less than most top qbs are getting now.
Dak wants 10 more apy than mahomes lol.
That would be true if you think he’s going to play on the same terms for all ten years. The Chiefs will continue to adjust his deal in a manner that is beneficial to the team and Mahomes the duration of his career. From the first day of his career until the moment he retires you can bet no player over that period will have been paid more than Patrick Mahomes. Stop with talk he’s agreeing to be compensated less than others. He’s not. What he does have in common with every other quarterback in the NFL is the deal he’s playing on was agreed to by their team’s owner.

DCwarrior

Reaction score
I sense a trend in your thinking.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I can appreciate that thought and the reasoning behind it, but the player deciding how the money is spent? So the players should start making management decisions and the GM's, managers, etc. should start playing WR, DT, LB, etc.??
Well in some cases, :laugh::laugh:
no the player would only spend the money he is giving up to have a better team.
If a player takes 10 mil less per year, and the FO refuses to spend it, or they spend it on crappy players, then the team did not get better,
and the player just lost the 10 mil per year.

In the case of dallas, they would very likely not spend it or get 5 2 mil a year player's, instead of one good player.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
2024 through 2027 Mahomes will be paid $215.6 million. That is, at present, more than any other player in the NFL will get over the next four seasons. Stop with the Mahomes took less. The Chiefs have made sure he’s taken care of.
Very true. I wonder what the salary cap implications would be for KC if Mahomes were to suffer a career ending injury.

blueblood70

Reaction score
You guys are caught up in the hype.. How many of these long haired Barbies have to come into the league, do nothing and then leave the league before you acknowledge that they are not as good as Dak? They don't throw the ball as well, they don't read defenses as well and they don't play the position as well. MAYBE they have stronger arms? Who cares? When football velocity and distance become Olympic sports I will care about that but given that the guy with 7 Super Bowl rings had average arm strength at best I'm gonna stick with guy who can put the ball where it needs to be more often than not, often with people hanging all over him. When one of the Barbies demonstrates they can do that on a consistent basis I will concede that they are better than Dak. Until then.. G T F ... you know the rest.
:hammer: :laugh:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Dak Prescott wants to be a free agent. He is one in just over 200 days. There is no circumstance that will compel Dak to seek a trade. Un addition, any team with an interest in acquiring him is aware of the Cowboys situation with Dak. They all know he’s going to be expensive. If an interested team has a poor season they can enter the bidding process for Dak next March and still have their roster and draft assets intact. Jerry Jones signed away any control over Dak when he agreed to the no trade clause in Dak’s current contract. Give up the fantasy of ever trading Dak Prescott.
yes, but it wouldn't hurt to TRY?
As long as the other team gives him the pay he wants, he would probably agree to it.

Also even though it seems dumb to trade for dak, some team might do it, rather than wait for FA time, because they want him
now, and also dont want to miss out on him in a bidding war.

They should be trying, but as fish says they are straddling the fence with dak, they want him and they don't want him, and need to make
up their mind one way or another.

It seems to me they want him for say 55, but not more. So they either need to give him what he wants or try to trade him, and start
preparing for life without him. Make a decision.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Me too. He hates Barbies. lmao
Not so.. I have two daughters and probably spent several G's on Barbies and Barbie gear over the years.. including a couple of those battery powered Barbie Jeeps! And I loved that silly movie of theirs. But I don't think she would make much of a QB. Then again neither do some of these ABD candidates.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Prescot isn't in this for the Cowboys, he's in it for NFL QBs and future NFL QBs. JJ needs to bench him in favor of both Rush and Lance, this move will force Prescot's hand because he's not going to stand pat with the cards JJ is about to deal him. Prescot and his agents will file a grievance and force a TRADE ..................LOL!
they should bench him and go with rush and good defense, and see what happens.
Dak would be embarrassed,or mad, and might then agree to a trade .

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
MM, the HC did not have the team ready/.
The players played awful, look at parsons the first half, he looks like he isnt even trying, taking plays off.

The GB defense showed dak new defensive formations, that were not on film. The offense for GB also was doing things that were new for that
game. That was all new for that game, and dallas had nothing new for GB to deal with lol.

That is coaching, nothing new or innovative,players looked tired and unmotivated.
GB was the opposite.

It wasnt just dak, but dak has played poorly in all 3 playoff losses, but coaching has also been bad.

Problem is when he fires MM, then jerry will just hire some other loser for HC, and the circus will continue.

But here is some logic, if we cant win with dak, why pay him 60mil or more per year, why not get a cheaper qb, and spend $ on making defense better?
you should not pay him 60, all im saying is a change at QB will not fix the problem this Franchise has shown for 28 years. Dak is gone I think its because he wants to go...we need to change the FO way of running things before we will see the change we are all looking for.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Facts. Dak doesn’t owe them a damn thing they think he does though.
he kinda does though. Just depends on how u look at it.
Without dumb and dumber he wouldnt be the cowboys qb, and wouldnt be making as much $
They helped him with sponser deals back when on rookie deal, they chose him over romo, and they gave him the 40 mil a year deal
when after he just broke his leg.
Many teams would have just let him walk after the broke leg thing.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
they should bench him and go with rush and good defense, and see what happens.
Dak would be embarrassed,or mad, and might then agree to a trade .
That would be an interesting strategy. It would certainly answer the questions about whether the defense is as good as advertised and whether Rush would get exposed with extended playing time. The defense would certainly have to take it up a notch or two given that the offense has struggled to get past the 20 point mark with Rush starting. It might work but remember when it "worked" in 2022 we had essentially two thousand yard rushers and 4 pro-bowl linemen. Now we're down to possibly zero thousand rushers and MAYBE two pro-bowl linemen. But if they go that route I wouldn't scream any less loud for my team on Sundays! I would just adjust my expectations for scoring and probably wins..

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Not a chance. The frustration level with Dak is at an all time high. It can't get any higher. We know he can't win a super bowl. Yet, he wants to be paid the highest paid player in the history of the league. You think that drafting a QB in the first (while using all that cap space wasted on Dak to actually make the team better) and waiting to see if they can deliver would be more frustrating than what we are experiencing with Dak? No. The Cowboys are wasting their time and the fans time now. At least with a new QB we could be building for something.
The two highest paid QBs in the league haven’t won a Super Bowl. One of them has only led his team to the playoffs once and has a losing QB record. The frustration level with Dak is at an all-time high because most fans are putting the entire blame on him for our playoff failures. Dak isn’t the reason the attendance level is low at training camp. The fans that aren’t showing up are frustrated with the team and ownership. You have fans that think changing QBs will get the Cowboys over the hump. It’s not Dak that can’t win a Super Bowl, it’s the team. You pointed out to me that of all the QBs that have been drafted since Dak was drafted in 2016, only Patrick Mahomes has won a Super Bowl. The Cowboys haven’t won a divisional round playoff game or a Super Bowl in 29 years, so this has been going on long before Dak got here.

Troy Aikman was 0-2 in the playoffs his final few seasons with the Cowboys. The frustration level with him was so high he got booed and fans wanted Randall Cunningham to take over. :rolleyes: The frustration level with the fans is going to get a lot worse if Dak walks and we’re stuck with an average QB and having to play musical chairs at the position every season. We’re not going to make the playoffs with an average QB. Sitting home for the playoffs is going to cause this fan base to become a lot more frustrated than making the playoffs and going one and done.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
you should not pay him 60, all im saying is a change at QB will not fix the problem this Franchise has shown for 28 years. Dak is gone I think its because he wants to go...we need to change the FO way of running things before we will see the change we are all looking for.
ok, but dak wants 60 or more so....
I agree this team has other issues, and it isnt just dak that causes the playoff failures.
It is the jones boys,they refuse to really go all in when it would have made a difference.
It is the HC's they hire.
It is the failure to address certain issues like DT for years, bigger lb's and better RB's

My main reason for wanting to get rid of dak, is he wants too much money, and we could get similar results with a lesser ,cheaper qb.

Heck I would trade for brett rypien , and pick up dinucci for peanuts. It would be fun to watch cowboys agian with either one of those guys or both.