Dak hints at his own free agency

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Way to twist that statement out of context. He’s merely saying that this is his last game under contract. That’s it.
I think he has a right to imply it's not the type of question he wants to answer being he has his own concerns right now.

And his future is more urgent than Garrett who has had more than 10 years to make his case about going forward.

Dak sees what is going on and is not willing to be taken advantage of.

What has me concerned is are they going to fix the HC first or the QB who is getting impatient for his new contract.?

Big corner this team has painted itself into.

Praxit

Reaction score
...Dak and his sponsors might definitely want that $40 Million year deal. I wonder if Jerry & Co will submit to it?

408Cowboy

Reaction score
What he said was he thinks we're not making the playoffs and if he were under contract he would talk about someone elses
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
I think he has a right to imply it's not the type of question he wants to answer being he has his own concerns right now.

And his future is more urgent than Garrett who has had more than 10 years to make his case about going forward.

Dak sees what is going on and is not willing to be taken advantage of.

What has me concerned is are they going to fix the HC first or the QB who is getting impatient for his new contract.?

Big corner this team has painted itself into.
HC is what will be done first.

Coy

Reaction score
Dak won’t go anywhere, saying that, his price tag might have dropped after the 2nd half of the season and his performance in a must win game at Philly.

Qcard

Reaction score
Way to twist that statement out of context. He’s merely saying that this is his last game under contract. That’s it.
Exactly! Clearly Dak was stating I'll be damned because he wants damnation to Cowboys team and their fans. He couldn't get $40 million per season because he couldn't beat winning teams. Wentz got that clause removed from his contract.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Dak won’t go anywhere, saying that, his price tag might have dropped after the 2nd half of the season and his performance in a must win game at Philly.

We're talking about Steven "We Start With Gurley Money" Jones doing the dopey negotiating.
Don't forget.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Men being paid millions of dollars to play football. There is no excuse for the way they've been playing. Sure, the coaching appears to be poor, but there's no excuse for the way many stars on this team have been playing, period!

zeke21

Reaction score
Best thing that could happen is Dak shops himself and goes and gets a big money contract somewhere.. and the Jones let him walk.

Stuffs another team and he will be a flop at any other team (he is a flop here) and we can gloat knowing we avoided it.

Sadly I think we are going to be the fools that pay this clown and suffer for it.

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
That’s what the article said.
Yes but as you do you took creative liberties and comprehension with what he said ..
He didn’t just say I’ll be damned ...
His quote was very succinct
“I’ll be damned if I speak on anybody else’s future or their place “
Simply referring to technically his contract is up as well as the coaches .. meaning coach could be signed to an extension as easy as he can or not .. stop reading into what isn’t there .. jeesh
No attitude can be had from those words unless you imply it ..

cowboyec

Reaction score
Dak Prescott declines to comment on Jason Garrett's future with Cowboys, hints at his own free agency:

“In the biggest game of the season, Dak Prescott and the Dallas Cowboys came up short. That’s left head coach Jason Garrett’s future with the team in heavy doubt.

When asked about the coach on Thursday, Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott strongly denied comment on Garrett’s expiring contract with the team and hinted at his own contract as well.”

At the very least, this is Prescott sending a reminder that his future is not tied to the Cowboys, though we’ll see if team owner Jerry Jones is able to keep the passer in Dallas.

Rest of Article here:
https://sports.yahoo.com/dak-prescott-cowboys-eagles-injection-necessary-210526368.html

“I’ll be damned.” he says. He truly does not care anymore about this team. Seems as if he wants to move on if I’m being honest. Sort of hostile vibes from his comments. Maybe this locker room has broken down? D-Law blaming fans, Amari has checked out (looks like he did in Oakland), Bennett’s comments on players and coaching on his tenure here, etc. It’s possible that Dak has been called out in this locker room at one point. Maybe he’s tired of it. I’m not sure. Jerry Jones and Jason Garrett have broken 53 men on this roster. I don’t think that’s ever been done in the NFL....

bull.
stop with the theatrics.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Dak Prescott declines to comment on Jason Garrett's future with Cowboys, hints at his own free agency:

“In the biggest game of the season, Dak Prescott and the Dallas Cowboys came up short. That’s left head coach Jason Garrett’s future with the team in heavy doubt.

When asked about the coach on Thursday, Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott strongly denied comment on Garrett’s expiring contract with the team and hinted at his own contract as well.”

At the very least, this is Prescott sending a reminder that his future is not tied to the Cowboys, though we’ll see if team owner Jerry Jones is able to keep the passer in Dallas.

Rest of Article here:
https://sports.yahoo.com/dak-prescott-cowboys-eagles-injection-necessary-210526368.html

“I’ll be damned.” he says. He truly does not care anymore about this team. Seems as if he wants to move on if I’m being honest. Sort of hostile vibes from his comments. Maybe this locker room has broken down? D-Law blaming fans, Amari has checked out (looks like he did in Oakland), Bennett’s comments on players and coaching on his tenure here, etc. It’s possible that Dak has been called out in this locker room at one point. Maybe he’s tired of it. I’m not sure. Jerry Jones and Jason Garrett have broken 53 men on this roster. I don’t think that’s ever been done in the NFL....

Everyone always sees what they want reading between the lines.