Dak hints at his own free agency

Proof

Reaction score
Dak Prescott declines to comment on Jason Garrett's future with Cowboys, hints at his own free agency:

“In the biggest game of the season, Dak Prescott and the Dallas Cowboys came up short. That’s left head coach Jason Garrett’s future with the team in heavy doubt.

When asked about the coach on Thursday, Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott strongly denied comment on Garrett’s expiring contract with the team and hinted at his own contract as well.”

At the very least, this is Prescott sending a reminder that his future is not tied to the Cowboys, though we’ll see if team owner Jerry Jones is able to keep the passer in Dallas.

Rest of Article here:
https://sports.yahoo.com/dak-prescott-cowboys-eagles-injection-necessary-210526368.html

“I’ll be damned.” he says. He truly does not care anymore about this team. Seems as if he wants to move on if I’m being honest. Sort of hostile vibes from his comments. Maybe this locker room has broken down? D-Law blaming fans, Amari has checked out (looks like he did in Oakland), Bennett’s comments on players and coaching on his tenure here, etc. It’s possible that Dak has been called out in this locker room at one point. Maybe he’s tired of it. I’m not sure. Jerry Jones and Jason Garrett have broken 53 men on this roster. I don’t think that’s ever been done in the NFL....

Why are you like this?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak Prescott declines to comment on Jason Garrett's future with Cowboys, hints at his own free agency:

“In the biggest game of the season, Dak Prescott and the Dallas Cowboys came up short. That’s left head coach Jason Garrett’s future with the team in heavy doubt.

When asked about the coach on Thursday, Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott strongly denied comment on Garrett’s expiring contract with the team and hinted at his own contract as well.”

At the very least, this is Prescott sending a reminder that his future is not tied to the Cowboys, though we’ll see if team owner Jerry Jones is able to keep the passer in Dallas.

Rest of Article here:
https://sports.yahoo.com/dak-prescott-cowboys-eagles-injection-necessary-210526368.html

“I’ll be damned.” he says. He truly does not care anymore about this team. Seems as if he wants to move on if I’m being honest. Sort of hostile vibes from his comments. Maybe this locker room has broken down? D-Law blaming fans, Amari has checked out (looks like he did in Oakland), Bennett’s comments on players and coaching on his tenure here, etc. It’s possible that Dak has been called out in this locker room at one point. Maybe he’s tired of it. I’m not sure. Jerry Jones and Jason Garrett have broken 53 men on this roster. I don’t think that’s ever been done in the NFL....

How exactly is him declining to comment on his contract "hinting at his future"

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
Dak is hurt.

No practice this week, following no practice and injections the week before.

If he was a different type of QB with the year he was having the criticism in this forum would be reduced by 75% at least.

Most fan bases would be understanding of the situation and be bummed that he was hurt at the worst possible time.

Many on this board however, not so much, they are a different animals.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Maybe he just doesnt want to talk bad of Jerry's love child Garrett when he's trying to negotiate a new contract with Jerry?

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Lol if you think Dak is going anywhere.

he isn’t elite franchise like Mahomes or Jackson. But he’s above middle of the pack. Jerry won’t let him walk
Above middle of the pack? Nope he’s regular degular middle of the pack. You’re right Jerry won’t let him walk but he should.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
"I think it's the last game on mine as well. So I'll be damned if I speak on anybody else's future or their place.". He’s saying he has his own issues,so who’s he to say anything about Garret’s deal?

:hammer:..... exactly.

He knows he lost that last game solely. Worst he's ever played.

Looked like Ryan Leaf out there.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Dak is hurt.

If he was a different type of QB with the year he was having the criticism in this forum would be reduced by 75% at least.

Most fan bases would be understanding of the situation and be bummed that he was hurt at the worst possible time.

Some look like animals but are not nearly that smart

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Dak doesn't become a free agent the second his contracts ends. He's not a "free agent" until free agency opens. This is just another attempt to drum up drama where there is already plenty. The media is the devil.

shabazz

Reaction score
Dak is hurt.

Not just one game. He failed to deliver against winning teams like the Bills, Saints, Patriots, Bears, etc, before he ever got hurt or had any injections. We “animals”,use reasoning and critical thinking when making assessments

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

he isn’t elite franchise like Mahomes or Jackson. But he’s above middle of the pack. Jerry won’t let him walk

It’s about the money..

I don’t see the point of overpaying for a player but NFL teams love to get stupid at the QB position when it comes to giving up draft picks and Cap Space.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Way to twist that statement out of context. He’s merely saying that this is his last game under contract. That’s it.

It's a convenient rationalization for not commenting on Garrett's situation. Dak is good with media.

Silverz1972

Reaction score

above middle of the pack player that wants an elite contract. That is a problem.

willia451

Reaction score
I hate to break it to you. But Dak is going to get his contract. Jerry loves the kid. And it's not about winning championships in Dallas anymore. It's about having people around that Jerry likes and respects and is comfortable with. Been that way for a while now.

He'll also try his best to retain Garrett. In some capacity. Even if it is not HC. Although that's not off the table just yet.

Yeah. I know it stinks. But there it is.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I think he was saying if you pay me, I might get more accurate, and won't panic as bad when pressure, and I might learn how to read defenses better, so cheer harder for me to get paid. I'll get better with more money.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hate to break it to you. But Dak is going to get his contract. Jerry loves the kid. And it's not about winning championships in Dallas anymore. It's about having people around that Jerry likes and respects and is comfortable with. Been that way for a while now.

He'll also try his best to retain Garrett. In some capacity. Even if it is not HC. Although that's not off the table just yet.

Yeah. I know it stinks. But there it is.

Jerry loves his QB Grandson doesn't mean he's going to make him the starter of the Cowboys.
Dak goose is cooked heck even Dak knows it....