Dak: I give myself a "C"

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
95_B1_ED65-4768-408_E-_B8_D3-7_F49_DB02_B039.png

zerofill

Reaction score
Rookie season was an A last season was an F C is about right over 2 years. Another F and he needs to be outa here

You know what my problem is? We are going to try and run, and throw quick passes, etc... We will win some games... The problem is that we will need an accurate gunslinger to win some tough ones. We don't have that, and I think that is why we won't be seeing another Super Bowl for a lot longer then 23 years. Can we go 9-7 etc? Yeah... Might even win 10.. But, we aren't seeing a Super Bowl for a lot longer. Unless our defense does it for us.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
You know what my problem is? We are going to try and run, and throw quick passes, etc... We will win some games... The problem is that we will need an accurate gunslinger to win some tough ones. We don't have that, and I think that is why we won't be seeing another Super Bowl for a lot longer then 23 years. Can we go 9-7 etc? Yeah... Might even win 10.. But, we aren't seeing a Super Bowl for a lot longer. Unless our defense does it for us.
Well we had a gunslinger for a decade and didn't win anything either. This team hasn't had a solid defense for as long as I can remember now. Keep saying we have to fix it but it never happens.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Please name a QB who won a SB on his own.... fascinating
It is a team work not one player but some quarterbacks have the It factor Dak does not have it at this stage. He is a bus driver no more. Can we win with him? sure we can specially with the RB and OL we have.Can he step up and be the difference maker so far i don't think so.
I like if there is a chance to upgrade the position that is what I want.

zerofill

Reaction score
Well we had a gunslinger for a decade and didn't win anything either. This team hasn't had a solid defense for as long as I can remember now. Keep saying we have to fix it but it never happens.

Oh, I completely agree... I just feel defense is even more necessary now than ever before.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

Dak is more accurate than Wentz (2 season total). But Wentz gets a pass (Dak haters and Phily fans) because of his arm.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Rookie season was an A last season was an F C is about right over 2 years. Another F and he needs to be outa here
Fwiw, I’m pretty sure Dak meant he was a “C” last year.
At least by the numbers, he feels he was average.

Again...fwiw

So, I decided to look it up
On paper, Dak was....

16th in passing yards.....average
21st in yards per game....below average
17th in QB rating....average
15th in TD - int. margin....average
21st in yards per attempt....below average

It appears on paper he was average or below average

Last edited:

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
To go from being #4 in the top 100 to not even making the list this past year says all you need to know about last year. Stunk!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
That Romo sure got us to a Super Bowl! Uh, well, at least he and his "accurate" gunslinging arm got us to an NFC Championship Game!!!

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Fwiw, I’m pretty sure Dak meant he was a “C” last year.
At least by the numbers, he feels he was average.

Again...fwiw

So, I decided to look it up
On paper, Dak was....

16th in passing yards.....average
21st in yards per game....below average
17th in QB rating....average
15th in TD - int. margin....average
21st in yards per attempt....below average

It appears on paper he was average or below average
Not that I'm really a Dak defender... I've been calling him out, since I didn't get to see his rookie year, but...
I still want to see those numbers for the 1st 8 games.

Not arguing... I'm curious.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Now break those numbers down from the 1st 8 games to the last 8 games.
Kindly? Thank you, pot-stirrer.
My intern went to get me an expresso. When he gets back I'll have them crunch them numbers. I prolly have him take out the Atlanta game too just to see how that would have changed things.

:muttley::laugh:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No. I am referencing the players top 100 voted on by current players. What network airs it isn't really that important.
um. I was making certain to not assume you were talking about something else. However, you are correct. It does not matter which network hosts the Top 100. The voting process created for the list was flawed when it was initially conceived. Why anyone still gives it any validity, especially after all these years, is astounding.