Dak: I give myself a "C"

Number1

Reaction score
When asked by Skip, what letter grade he would rate himself. Dak said, "I give myself a "C" It was average as can be." It has to be better then that. (Me too) Somebody has to let him know he was a MVP for 8 games.

When asked by Shannon, What does a Dak friendly offense mean to you? Dak said, "I am not sure what that means" (Me too) That BS term has no substance

Well there you have it. The fan base is delusional yet Dak is grounded in reality. The Dak lovers hang their hats on "Dak Friendly" and Dak doesn't even know what that means.

I'll tell you right now I wholeheartedly agree with him. Thank goodness he is grounded. There's still hope for him to improve since he recognizes the truth.

Cowboys fans aren't delusional about Dak, I'd say about half consider him a franchise QB, the other half don't. I give him a B+. Look, with real slow WRs, some with iffy hands ... it took 14 sacks in 11 days to keep him out of the playoffs

is Dak friendly rebuilding?

IMO, 10 of the likely 21 game day O players will be new faces. Williams, Gallup, Schultz, Austin, Hurns, Thompson, Olawale, Fleming, Martin, and ? / Gathers.
*how to build a solid contender / dynasty 101 - start with a young team.

Dak friendly seems like common sense to me if it means shoring up the OL and bringing in younger faster targets to throw to. That's also rather Zeke friendly. but there are big Dak oriented reasons to go Dak friendly,

check the passing & rushing ballistics of the 30 reg season games he's started and finished:

With a clean pocket he's very hard to beat.
- when sacked 2 or less times a game, the Boyz are 19-4, averaging 28 points a game, vs 3-4 in games of 3/+ sacks, averaging 14 points a game ... HELLO
* Williams and Fleming were smart moves, so were Gallup and Hurns

6 rushing TDs a year from QB is a huge bonus
- Dak has rushed the ball 3 or more times in 22 games, in those games the Boyz are 17-5, in the other 8 games with 2 carries or less they are 4-4
* just having Austin on the field to keep spies / blitzers off Dak and creates space to work

reality check - when Dak has time to work, he makes plays

Last edited:

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
I see what you did there. Turned the tables on me. Nice try. . . .but I'm NO. I am going by what the man said. You are reading other things into it, to justify your beliefs.

The term " Dak Friendly" is a derogatory term. It implies there is only one type of offense he can succeed in because he is limited. As if there's only 1 way he can succeed. Then you twist it and say it means Wr's who can create seperation. That's a fallacy. Again to suit an agenda.

Be honest do you really think Dak didn't throw the Ball because the WR couldn't get seperation. No the truth is Dak didn't recognize when they were open. Windows open and close quickly. This is a brutal game played by extremely fast individuals who get paid millions to play defense.

Posters say that last years WR couldn't get seperation but now this group van and that's "Dak Friendly". Says who? There's no proof of that.

Then Posters will tear Dez down and say it was all his fault (Lost a step, drops, can't run routes, too demanding made poor Dak look bad by forcing him to throw to him) .But senile Skip Bayless started all that false narrative to save face for Dak. Then Skip tried to kiss Dak's *** and give him a B for last year and Dak corrected him and said C.

PS. Akoye Videos debunked the Dez can't get open narrative but many here have bashed Akoye and wouldn't accept the video evidence. Claiming it was sacrilegious against thier idol Dak.

Dak is what he is. Did any if you watch the documentary Dak a family story on you tube. In the beginning when the coaches at Mississippi State were asked about him. They mentioned it was the way he commended a room of men were the most impressive but in the next breathe say " I hope he is not throwing the ball the way he did last year". He's in the NFL now and they are still reporting how terrible his throws are in practice. Has to work on footwork and mechanics. Come on guys be honest.

HE IS LIMITED HE IS WHAT HE IS.

Why is thier so much unbiased love for him.
Why can't you Lovers of Dak ever be honest. Dak is he knows he laid an egg last year. He admitted it. Why can"t the Dak Lovers

Funny how dak is still here but the "OTHER GUYS" are gone. Type what you will until the cows come home but guys like dez got exposed and didnt cut it plain and simple.

And akoye is the #1 dak hater. Not impressed by any of his material!

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Funny how dak is still here but the "OTHER GUYS" are gone. Type what you will until the cows come home but guys like dez got exposed and didnt cut it plain and simple.

And akoye is the #1 dak hater. Not impressed by any of his material!

All those “other guys” as you call them put up numbers for years before, yet Dak comes along and in 2017 every one of “those guys” numbers suffered, and somehow “they” got exposed?

Seriously am I reading that correctly? The common denominator here is Dak. Why is that so hard for some to understand? Dak admitted he was average last year and I tend to agree. But to say all those “other guys” got exposed is just not factual. Fact is he struggled and everyone of “those” guys struggled along side him. Some were let go, some retired and some signed else where. Dak has to get better period end of story. Will he? Only time will tell.

It’s like living in an alternate universe around here sometimes.

zerofill

Reaction score
Dak is more accurate than Wentz (2 season total). But Wentz gets a pass (Dak haters and Phily fans) because of his arm.

You are not wrong by saying that... I would agree that Dak takes more heat in that respect. But, I think rightfully so. Because you can't go to the Super Bowl in the NFL today by only pounding the rock with Zeke.

I'm not a Dak hater though... if Dak comes in and shows that he made changes, and he is the man... I have no problem with that at all. I will say, I was wrong... no problem with that.

I would love for Dak to be able to threaten teams. Where they can no stack the box all game. Dak has the body, to take abuse, and still be fine. So, his durability I think is a massive plus for him. I don't want to play switch the QB every other game like the Browns. But, I do want to switch the QB soon, if it needs to be done. With this being the 3rd year as the starting QB of the Cowboys, it should be a done deal after this season. He is either the man, or he isn't.

I have said 100 times... Dak the person I like. I am not sold on Dak the player... I just don't see the same things some do in Dak the player. Yes... I see the players like him. Yes I see a drive to win. Yes I see the will he has to become better... I just don't believe he can reach the level he needs to.

I think they will try to work on various types of runs with Austin at times, like they tried with Switzer, and Beasley. I think they will try to get his release faster, and attempt quick timed passes... If they can do that, it definitely served the Patriots well for a lot of years.

I imagine like other have said various places, we will try and run more of a college style offense in certain ways.

Who knows...

Do I think it will work? Yes, to an extent... But, I don't see it getting us to the promised land again.

zerofill

Reaction score
No, but it may mean WRs getting separation.

I think it has more to do with quick timed passes, and trying to integrate some college type play styles. While trying to throw in some trick running type plays. You won't get college type separation in the NFL. So that is just the way it is... So i think Dak friendly means revisiting college style play.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
All those “other guys” as you call them put up numbers for years before, yet Dak comes along and in 2017 every one of “those guys” numbers suffered, and somehow “they” got exposed?

Seriously am I reading that correctly? The common denominator here is Dak. Why is that so hard for some to understand? Dak admitted he was average last year and I tend to agree. But to say all those “other guys” got exposed is just not factual. Fact is he struggled and everyone of “those” guys struggled along side him. Some were let go, some retired and some signed else where. Dak has to get better period end of story. Will he? Only time will tell.

And you would know more about those ex-receivers than the coaching staff who dealt with them on a daily basis for years and finally decided to let them go?

Sydla

Reaction score
Keep believing that. lol And Montana's team was loaded too. Don't kid yourself. Can't understand Cowboy fans that diss a HOF QB who led the team to 3 SB's.

Is it dissing or just admitting the obvious?

Airman was a great QB for us. But no one talks about him as one of the greatest of all time. They do about Montana.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score

Funny how you fail to mentioned dez flaws dropping passes, running sloppy routes and crying on the sideline and a distraction.

And you wonder why that idiot isn't signed yet and is on the brink of watching his first NFL season from his coach since he was playing college ball.

Dak will be here for years just like romo was so deal with it.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Funny how you fail to mentioned dez flaws dropping passes, running sloppy routes and crying on the sideline and a distraction.

And you wonder why that idiot isn't signed yet and is on the brink of watching his first NFL season from his coach since he was playing college ball.

:facepalm:

zerofill

Reaction score

I find it nearly impossible that a 29yr old Dez Bryant won't be on a team, if he wants to play. For some reason people seem to think it should have been instant, if anyone wanted him... I doubt there being no teams wanting Dez, is the actual case.

I also don't remember any of those sideline outbursts the media picked on, actually being outbursts of Dez crying. When they played the audio from several of them, it had nothing to do with what the media said.

There were 2 times, I was extremely aggravated with Bryant.

1) When he had a knee injury, that they said he could play on without it causing further damage and he didn't. (But that could have been a team forced thing)
2) The time he walked back to the locker room frustrated, with time on the clock. That was childish...

Zeke did the same thing for me with the interception... He deserved a blanket party for that.

Last edited:

DFWJC

Reaction score
Not that I'm really a Dak defender... I've been calling him out, since I didn't get to see his rookie year, but...
I still want to see those numbers for the 1st 8 games.

Not arguing... I'm curious.
Maybe someone out there has looked them up, Corso. Or maybe you could do it.
It doesn't interest me much, as we all know they had to be better than that last half.
No real effort needed for me to find full year results, so I did it.

Really and honestly, very few QBs ever enjoy having 3 pro bowl lineman and one of the very best running backs, like he had early in the year (and like he will have this year hopefully),
So an honest fair comp to most other QBs may actually be the 2nd half of the season when he had more like what they have.
Luckily, going forward, he hopefully won't have to play with "only" two pro bowl lineman and a previous pro bowl RB and TE like then.

I like his odds to be somewhere between year and year two this year. So better overall than 2017 combined.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Maybe someone out there has looked them up, Corso. Or maybe you could do it.
It doesn't interest me much, as we all know they had to be better than that last half.
No real effort needed for me to find full year results, so I did it.

Really and honestly, very few QBs ever enjoy having 3 pro bowl lineman and one of the very best running backs, like he had early in the year (and like he will have this year hopefully),
So an honest fair comp to most other QBs may actually be the 2nd half of the season when he had more like what they have.
Luckily, going forward, he hopefully won't have to play with "only" two pro bowl lineman and a previous pro bowl RB and TE like then.

I like his odds to be somewhere between year and year two this year. So better overall than 2017 combined.
I could...

starcity214

Reaction score
Please name a QB who won a SB on his own.... fascinating

Please name a team that is paying a QB 20 million plus a year and still has enough money left over to pay an All Pro supporting cast...

"Franchise QBs" get paid top dollar because they are expected to keep an average team competitive..

Stop living in fantasy land. If Prescott needs others to carry him , he isn't worth 20 million a year..

In other words , no QB has ever won a super bowl on his own , but franchise QBs make average players look good just as an All Pro supporting cast will make an average QB look good , but you can't have both in today's NFL..

It would be stupid to build around Prescott (pay him top dollar on a long term deal) and lose other players in the process because as you said , he NEEDS others to carry him..

We're better off handing the reigns off to White or Rush after next year because they are cheap and we won't need them to carry the team anyways..

starcity214

Reaction score
Last season wasn’t an F. He wasn’t great, but far from being horrible.

Come on!!

Prescott set franchise records for worse QB play in team history and we've had guys like Weeden , Leaf , Cassels , And Carter suit up for us!!

What would a bad season look like to you?