Twitter: Dak: "I stopped listening to what Jerry says to the media. Doesn't hold weight with me"

RonnieT24

Reaction score
You guys are fascinating. This is Dak saying out loud that he understands the game and doesn't take any of it personally. Jerry feels the same way.. This is all part of the dance which Jerry absolutely loves to engage in. People attempting to read some deeper meaning into every word uttered are projecting their own feelings into it. Something neither Jerry nor Dak will ever do. It's business.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I had 2 people last night, one a Steelers fan. But thinks Dak is a good QB, and would take him as their QB. She said she has gained a lot of respect for Dak now saying what he said.

Another, is a Dallas fan, not sold on Dak, but he said he gained a lot of respect for Dak as well.
I'll take "Things that didn't happen" for $1000, Alex.

Chasing6

Reaction score
That's what you get when your 'Franchise QB', isnt elite and needs so much CAP to provide a: WR, O-Line, Running Game and a Defense.

You want to deflect this as a Jerry issue, it's not, it's a scenario where paying Dak, what he wants FOR THE YEARS HE WANTS, is a business nightmare, especially with the $40m Dead Money (that was restructured to help Dak and the past 3 years 12-5)......because:

a) Jerry hasnt the talent to build that roster
b) Dak hasnt the talent without a full complement of....... WR, O-Line, Running Game and a Defense.

Build the lines and Defense with the saved Cap and fit in a cheaper vet and draft. We are as successful with rookie QB's as we are with Franchise QB.

Like we have an elite FO. This clown loves to talk to the media, is then going to get his feelings hurt when players talk to the media???

Chasing6

Reaction score
I’ve complained and vented on the culture issues we have in this team for years. Negotiating through the media is a big part of the culture issues. This drama would be a lot more fun to watch if it was the 49ers or the Eagles. This is very cringe watching it year after year with us. It’s not that hard to say “no comment” and move along.

It wouldn’t surprise me at this point if Jerry or Stephen leaked it to Jane Slater that Dak panics when his first read isn’t there. I can see them “starting the negotiations” there. Pure speculation on my part but Jerry and Stephen can be pretty petty. This whole offseason has been a master class in dysfunctional management. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not high on the idea of resigning Dak but I feel there are much better ways to handle things than what we’re seeing. We’re seeing total complete dysfunction originating from the FO. It sucks.
Jerry has a reality football team.

Chasing6

Reaction score
That's what you get when your 'Franchise QB', isnt elite and needs so much CAP to provide a: WR, O-Line, Running Game and a Defense.

You want to deflect this as a Jerry issue, it's not, it's a scenario where paying Dak, what he wants FOR THE YEARS HE WANTS, is a business nightmare, especially with the $40m Dead Money (that was restructured to help Dak and the past 3 years 12-5)......because:

a) Jerry hasnt the talent to build that roster
b) Dak hasnt the talent without a full complement of....... WR, O-Line, Running Game and a Defense.

Build the lines and Defense with the saved Cap and fit in a cheaper vet and draft. We are as successful with rookie QB's as we are with Franchise QB.
Is Trance our cheaper vet, or will he be our 5th year rookie next year???

Chasing6

Reaction score
I don't hate him. I want nothing more than to see him win a championship this year and sign a massive extension next offseason. I don't see it happening and I grow less and less confident every time I see these two trading jabs. I'm getting the feeling we don't know the whole story between the two of them.
I would like nothing more for Dak to win a SB this year and then to tell GM Jethro to pound sand.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Making contract negotiation comments in public like Jerry and Stephen routinely do are not only stupid but a low brow practice most teams‘ GMs usually handle by saying easy things like, “We are negotiating but we don’t comment about contract negotiations in public.” End of story.

All of these public postures and quotes, especially made by the team’s “leaders“ are nothing more than carnival barking and media slobbering for attention. It’s very 80s and 90s NFL much like a lot of things the Jones boys still do.

Whatever anyone here or with the team thinks about Dak Prescott, he’s been here 8 years and if this team doesn’t know if they want him or not, that’s crazy. Put it simpler- if the Cowboys don’t want him, they should just shut up and play out this year knowing he’s gone next year. If they do want him, sign him now because he will cost more next year.

Either way, Dak is going to be paid a boat load of money either here or at his next stop. That’s just what starting QBs cost nowadays. I didn’t say that’s what SB winning QBs get paid. Just starters. There are already 12 QBs in this league making $55 million a year, several who haven’t even won one playoff game. It’s crazy but it’s just what QBs cost. I know a lot of people would love to see Dak gone but right now there is no one ready to step into that role on this roster. And who trusts this FO to draft our next franchise QB?
I hear you Bob and you mostly make logical sense...EXCEPT for the unwarranted anxiety about losing Dak. This is the same dilemma a man/woman has who is not happy in a marriage:

- What if I don't find someone else?
- What if he/she finds someone else?
- What if I never ...

*** THAT NEGATIVE, SCARCITY MINDSET THINKING. Bottom line is that there are PLENTY OF FISH out there...just not enough experienced fisherman to go find a catch.
The whole point of marriage - and getting a QB - is to WIN. Win BIG. Not a happy day or weekend...but HAPPY LIFE. If you're not happy in your current situation...then all the anxiety is just hustling backwards...you've moved the goalposts from happiness to TOLERANCE. I'm not moving the goalposts with Dak...he's not a SB-winning QB...and therefore it's time for divorce. He doesn't love us...and we don't love him.

And by the way...the only way we know about Dak is because we kicked Romo to the curb. Did it once and rebounded...and we can do it again.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
It was either David Moore or Randy Galloway who said a few years ago that anytime you see the term, “sources inside the Cowboys say” it’s always Jerry or Stephen. They love to manipulate the talk about the team and players in a way they think is “interesting”.

Sad that they don’t realize that the greatest sales pitch in sports is just winning.
It would be “interesting” to hear a plan for a new quarterback for the 2025 season. And a plan for a new head coach would be interesting, too.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jerry has been sending horrible messages to the organization for the past 30 years. How is not signing Dak in the next 7 days going to make things any worse? It won't. Speak to anyone with a pulse within a 1000 mile radius of AT&T stadium and every single one of them will tell you Jerry doesn't give a rats arse about winning. So why would he care what the organization thinks about his decisions?
IMG-0547.gif

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dang this is the guy who served me at McDonald's yesterday........... :muttley: ........Now he is being posted here to teach us the game of football and the greatness of Dak.
P.S. The cherry on the cake is the singer at the end of the video...... :muttley: :muttley:
Oh, yeah? So they live up in New York with you? Difference is they are Cowboys fans, not a Giants fan like...well...you know who.
:muttley: