Dak: I want to be here (but) all the other great quarterbacks played for other teams

shabazz

Reaction score
What? Dak, you have a no trade clause, it is 100% your decision.

Is this guy really this dumb?
I think he just doesn't want to rub it in too much.

Jerry got fleeced with that contract.....and he supposed to be the shrewd businessman. Lol

kskboys

Reaction score
I think he just doesn't want to rub it in too much.

Jerry got fleeced with that contract.....and he supposed to be the shrewd businessman. Lol
Or he's weak and weasely. Hiring an agent who will make sure you're overpaid and then not taking responsibility for the ensuing contract is the epitome of being a weak weasel.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Some did, sure. Brady played for the Buccs, Manning for the Broncos, Montana for the Chiefs, Rodgers and Favre for the Jets...and these guys all have something in common. They all won championships and built a legacy with the teams that made them.

Then you have guys like Aikman, Staubach, Bradshaw, Kelly, Young, Starr, Elway, Marino, and others that rode it out with the one that took them to the dance. Those guys were great too, which tears Dak's argument to shreds.

Dak doesn't fit into either category at this point or at any other point in his career. He's never done what it takes to win it all, or even get within throwing distance. His peers are Cousins, Ryan, Rivers, McNabb, Moon, Cunningham, and maybe Vick. I wouldn't even place him high on that list. At least some of these guys won conference championships.

Look I don't hate the guy. I've supported him most of his time here, but he's throwing quotes out that he hasn't earned the right to own. He's been great at times, but has never achieved consistent greatness. Maybe he will, but this far into a career without a conference championship appearance isn't a good sign.

I wonder if he and his agent have even considered what happens to his market value if he falls flat this season. He's currently without WR1. Couldn't build chemistry with WR2 last season. Gallup is gone. His RB room is the worst it's been in his career. His OL could be in real trouble if Guyton doesn't develop rapidly. Two leaks at OT is bad news for a QB. He has yet to show he can elevate an offense with less than stellar talent, and this is potentially the weakest group he's had to work with. Maybe now isn't the time to be playing the superstar primadonna and burning bridges, but my interest has been piqued with how he's started day 1 of camp. It's gonna be a weird ride this season my friends. Get that popcorn ready.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
A bit of a strange comment for him to make if that’s exactly what he said because the great QBs won a Super Bowl for their original team before leaving. There could be a part of Dak that would like a change of scenery. The fan abuse has probably taken its toll on him and he may be looking forward to exploring free agency.
The fan abuse? :laugh:

Yeah I'm sure he is tore up each night he goes to sleep in his mansion with a football field in the backyard and then wakes up to his $60 million dollar bank account.

If he really is that soft, then I have one way to shut it all up...................maybe don't BLEEP the bed when a big game rolls around.

shabazz

Reaction score
Or he's weak and weasely. Hiring an agent who will make sure you're overpaid and then not taking responsibility for the ensuing contract is the epitome of being a weak weasel.
As much as I believe that Rayne needs to go, the business part of me admires the job Raynes agent did for him.

Personally I don't want to see Dak budge one penny lower because that all but guarantees he's gone

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The fan abuse? :laugh:

Yeah I'm sure he is tore up each night he goes to sleep in his mansion with a football field in the backyard and then wakes up to his $60 million dollar bank account.

If he really is that soft, then I have one way to shut it all up...................maybe don't BLEEP the bed when a big game rolls around.
The fan abuse is going to be a lot worse for our next QB. That’s when fans like you will realize Dak wasn’t as bad as you thought he was.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That only happens when you replace guys like Roger Staubach or Troy Aikman

Not Drew Bledsoe , Quincy Carter, or Tony Romo
Both Romo and Dak are two of the best QBs we’ve had. They never had the teams Staubach and Aikman had. I’m certainly not saying they were as good as Staubach and Aikman, but they would’ve had more playoff success with complete teams that had a championship caliber defense. Every fan including myself couldn’t wait to get rid of Drew Bledsoe and Quincy Carter. Replacing Dak is going to be very difficult. If he’s not extended, our next QB is going to receive a lot of abuse if we’re not winning consistently like we have been during the regular season and it leads to routinely missing the playoffs. We’ll be shuffling QBs every so often trying to find an answer. The stability Dak brought to this team will be all appreciated if that happens and it will happen if our next QB is a big drop off from him. There’s no doubt in my mind it will be very difficult to come up with a QB better than him.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Both Romo and Dak are two of the best QBs we’ve had. They never had the teams Staubach and Aikman had. I’m certainly not saying they were as good as Staubach and Aikman, but they would’ve had more playoff success with complete teams that had a championship caliber defense. Every fan including myself couldn’t wait to get rid of Drew Bledsoe and Quincy Carter. Replacing Dak is going to be very difficult. If he’s not extended, our next QB is going to receive a lot of abuse if we’re not winning consistently like we have been during the regular season and it leads to routinely missing the playoffs. We’ll be shuffling QBs every so often trying to find an answer. The stability Dak brought to this team will be all appreciated if that happens and it will happen if our next QB is a big drop off from him. There’s no doubt in my mind it will be very difficult to come up with a QB better than him.
Ok .........

I liked both Romo and Dak ........

Up until Romo said "if the worst thing that ever happens to me is I lose a football game then I am pretty good". Right then, I knew he would never win a Championship.

and now

When Dak said "if you are not over the Green bay game, then move on" Right then, I knew he would never win a Championship.

I do not care if the next guy sucks ....... keep looking for a guy until you find him instead of being scared to get rid of a guy who cannot get it done just because the next guy may be worse.

That is my honest feelings and I am ok with you disagreeing with me, your arguments are well thought out and I appreciate them.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Ok .........

Up until Romo said "if the worst thing that ever happens to me is I lose a football game then I am pretty good". Right then, I knew he would never win a Championship.

and now

When Dak said "if you are not over the Green bay game, then move on" Right then, I knew he would never win a Championship.

I do not care if the next guy sucks ....... keep looking for a guy until you find him instead of being scared to get rid of a guy who cannot get it done just because the next guy may be worse.

That is my honest feelings and I am ok with you disagreeing with me, your arguments are well thought out and I appreciate them.
I have no problem with Dak telling everyone to get over the Green Bay game. You can’t keep dwelling on the past, you have to move forward. The concern some of us have is if Dak walks at the end of this season and we move on from McCarthy, we’ll be entering the 2025 season with a new HC and a new QB situation that may not even be a starting caliber QB. That’s a scary thought. That could lead to a number of rough seasons. The thought of ending up like Washington and several other teams that have been bouncing around from head coaches and starting QBs for a number of years is a troubling thought.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ok .........

and now

The melt downs are so entertaining.