Dak: I want to be here (but) all the other great quarterbacks played for other teams

nobody

Reaction score
I have no problem with Dak telling everyone to get over the Green Bay game. You can’t keep dwelling on the past, you have to move forward. The concern some of us have is if Dak walks at the end of this season and we move on from McCarthy, we’ll be entering the 2025 season with a new HC and a new QB situation that may not even be a starting caliber QB. That’s a scary thought. That could lead to a number of rough seasons. The thought of ending up like Washington and several other teams that have been bouncing around from head coaches and starting QBs for a number of years is a troubling thought.
If it were a one-off occurrence, sure. It makes sense to move on. But Dak choked in the playoffs three years in a row. At that point it's not just a matter of moving on for the next season. It's realizing there's a trend. Dak chokes most when it matters. Sure, he's a good regular season QB, but in the playoffs? He panics.

He's no great QB. He's not a terrible QB either. But the Cowboys have hit their ceiling because Dak won't get out of his own head in big moments.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If it were a one-off occurrence, sure. It makes sense to move on. But Dak choked in the playoffs three years in a row. At that point it's not just a matter of moving on for the next season. It's realizing there's a trend. Dak chokes most when it matters. Sure, he's a good regular season QB, but in the playoffs? He panics.

He's no great QB. He's not a terrible QB either. But the Cowboys have hit their ceiling because Dak won't get out of his own head in big moments.
Be prepared to hear the defense is the reason Dak sucks. It's coming...

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don’t care to relive the post Aikman years.
I mean we still are ........ until we win again we are still in the post Aikman years.

And Jerry is not gonna build a team good enough for good QBs to win a Superbowl ........ only chance we have while Jerry is still in this mortal coil is to find a transcendent type player at the QB position.

As small of chance that finding a guy like that is .......... its better than just doing the same thing over and over and over.

I am more tired of "one and done" than having poor regular seasons.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Nothing is going to change from the fact that GM Jethro screwed this up. Recall him saying he is the best at predicting where player compensation is good. Then he sat there waiting for more tea leaves as the price only goes up for all 3 players.

Then complain that he you can't afford it. Sounds like an amazing GM.
Jerry is a hopeless despot and isn't getting any better. He's conducting his interviews with doubletalk that means nothing at all. He should quit and go somewhere else to waste his time and everyone else's. I'll look forward to a day when he's left in a small room with a straitjacket. He's gone crazy.

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I mean we still are ........ until we win again we are still in the post Aikman years.

And Jerry is not gonna build a team good enough for good QBs to win a Superbowl ........ only chance we have while Jerry is still in this mortal coil is to find a transcendent type player at the QB position.

As small of chance that finding a guy like that is .......... its better than just doing the same thing over and over and over.

I am more tired of "one and done" than having poor regular seasons.
You and I are really on a different page if you think we’re reliving the post Aikman years. Going 5-11 three straight seasons is a lot different than going 12-5 three straight seasons with a couple of division titles and a playoff win. I would much rather have a fun competitive season where we’re making the playoffs, even if it leads to a one and done, than knowing our season is over after 8-9 games. Nothing is worse than watching the Cowboys play out the schedule with several games remaining, knowing they have no shot at the playoffs.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If the next QB is as bad or worse than Dak sure.
Dak is far from a bad QB and if you really believe he is, you’re not the most astute football fan. He’s one of the top QBs in the league whether you and others can’t bring yourselves to admit it or accept it.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak is far from a bad QB. He’s one of the top QBs in the league whether you and others want to accept it or not.
I accept that he is one of the top regular season QB's

Then the playoffs start

And this happens

0_dak-prescott.jpg

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Be prepared to hear the defense is the reason Dak sucks. It's coming...
I mean we all want to have "Complementary football" and if you watched that game you actually got it 100%...The defense sucked and the offense so the defense wouldn't feel bad sucked right along with them...Maybe we need the HC to clarify better when he says "We want complementary Football" make sure its has the word "Winning" in it lol

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I accept that he is one of the top regular season QB's

Then the playoffs start

And this happens

0_dak-prescott.jpg
The team/defense sucks in the playoffs and it all gets thrown on him. The same thing has been happening to Lamar Jackson. Josh Allen has had his problems in the playoffs.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

Go vent to someone else. It’s a waste of time going through the same argument over and over and over.