Dak: I want to be here (but) all the other great quarterbacks played for other teams

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I sort of agree. Maybe this is simply posturing in the media from Dak as Jerry did something similar with his media time too. Ultimately though nobody wins right now, as it just increasingly feels like the fans get slapped in the face while a millionaire and a billionaire publically fight over peanuts.

The whole situation feels similar to when Brady left New England. Most didn't think he would actually leave, but ultimately his mind was pretty much made up all along.
The difference is Brady was a patriot legend and he never trashed their fans. Even when Favre left GB he never trashed the fans.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
The difference is Brady was a patriot legend and he never trashed their fans. Even when Favre left GB he never trashed the fans.
I agree, I'm just comparing in a way in which many fans thought there was zero chance of him leaving, but Brady left little hints in his media sessions that he was on his way out the whole year before.

Personally I think the writing is on the wall that Dak's time in Dallas is almost over, especially as we see both sides ego come through to the media. We are not seeing the strict PR answers from either Jerry or Dak right now.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I can say with confidence that Lynch & Shanahan would have zero interest in Dak. Certainly not at 60.
I don’t think that’s true. They went all-in on Garoppolo, and reportedly wanted to do the same with Cousins at one point. They don’t need to pursue Mahomes to upgrade the position. If they’re handing out 60m$ anyway, might as well get the better QB

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I don’t think that’s true. They went all-in on Garoppolo, and reportedly wanted to do the same with Cousins at one point. They don’t need to pursue Mahomes to upgrade the position. If they’re handing out 60m$ anyway, might as well get the better QB
It's all opinion but I believe they are much better judges of players than most of the league and I feel they see the same thing a lot of us see. A limited player who can not handle better teams or high pressure situations.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I can't believe he was able to get thru his address without "Pour some honey on me". Cause, ya know, that's what he always says when facing a bear.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I have recently stated that I wanted Dak to continue with the Cowboys, but this changes things dramatically. Dak is distancing himself from all the things that made him successful in his current team. With that being said, good luck to him finding another team to play for in the future. He might make more money, but he's destroying his future with the team that made him what he is. It's a sad day for him and he doesn't even know it. The rest of his time with the Cowboys seem very likely to be melancholy.
Nothing is going to change from the fact that GM Jethro screwed this up. Recall him saying he is the best at predicting where player compensation is good. Then he sat there waiting for more tea leaves as the price only goes up for all 3 players.

Then complain that he you can't afford it. Sounds like an amazing GM.

GoldenR

Reaction score
Would really like to see that clown Dak play for another team without the offensive line he has here, it's going to be very comical. He has been blessed with being able to stand back there and pick apart defenses with great protection. 60 mill, 37mill for Lamb ,and possibly 40 mill for Micah, somebody has to go, take your pick.

_sturt_

Reaction score

He's good as gone.

To me, when you start presumptively blaming the other side that they left you no choice... that strongly suggests your motivation for that is you're seeing too large a gap between what they're offering and what you're willing to accept.

There's actually some good news in that, though... he's definitely going to feel like he's playing for his next contract all this season. Not that we ever really have to be concerned with Dak's intensity, but this will be intensity on steroids, it seems.

kevm3

Reaction score
Cowboys fans may be getting what they want with the departure of Dak. If Dak leaves I can see Ceedee and Micah jetting too.

kskboys

Reaction score
Dangit, now we have a new decision/argument facing us. Who says dumber tish, Dak or Jerry? This is not going to be an easy one, my friends.

kskboys

Reaction score

He's good as gone.

To me, when you start presumptively blaming the other side that they left you no choice... that strongly suggests your motivation for that is you're seeing too large a gap between what they're offering and what you're willing to accept.

There's actually some good news in that, though... he's definitely going to feel like he's playing for his next contract all this season. Not that we ever really have to be concerned with Dak's intensity, but this will be intensity on steroids, it seems.

What? Dak, you have a no trade clause, it is 100% your decision.

Is this guy really this dumb?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dangit, now we have a new decision/argument facing us. Who says dumber tish, Dak or Jerry? This is not going to be an easy one, my friends.
Jerry by far ......... Dak has just become a bitter diva who cannot handle the pressure.