Dak is 2nd in the NFL in Total QBR

aikemirv

Reaction score
facts - mouth breathing refs stole at least one TD by reversing the Schoonmaker catch or not calling PI on the defender. Take your pick. If either of those officiating mistakes is not made the Cowboys win the game and we're not having this conversation. And Dak had nothing to do with any of it.
oh please - no TD by rule and no PI by rule

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Tell me you don't care if Dallas wins as long as Dak piles up useless stats.
Nothing he ever says equals this you on the other hand do make it very clear Dak getting "Exposed" is worth the Cowboys losing every game...

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Super sucks that SF had fully screwed themselves into irrelevance based on their bad decisions at QB…until they accidentally stumbled onto Purdy. Had Lance not gotten hurt they would’ve missed the playoffs last year and may just now be figuring out that he can’t play.
You have no way to to really know that.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
100% not true, but you're free to think what you want. There's a big difference between wanting Dak to lose versus not believing he can get the job done when it matters most.
Right now it looks like we will be playing at the NFCS winner, probably Saints or possibly the Falcons, who knows maybe at TB again.
And again most likely we will have a better record than they will.

So if we go and win that game, many will dismiss it, as it will be ... well that team is horrible ... just like last years win against TB.
So be it, I can understand some thinking that way. Especially if they don't follow it up with a win to get to the NFCCG. Heck, I may even jump Into that crowd as well.

So yeah, show us wins in the playoffs and get to the NFCCG. Then maybe bring up some stats. Right now, I am glad to see them, but is really means nothing either. NFCCG minimum or it means nothing. Stats are stats, perform better in big games.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
oh please - no TD by rule and no PI by rule
Based on what.. Go ahead and cite me the rule that says you can tackle a receiver while the ball is in the air..

I'll wait..

This is the crap I'm talking about.. Cowboy haters always fall back on "well don't make any mistakes and you win the game.." while absolving these damn refs of any responsibility. Why do the Cowboys have to be perfect in order to make up for biased or incompetent refs?

aikemirv

Reaction score
Based on what.. Go ahead and cite me the rule that says you can tackle a receiver while the ball is in the air..

I'll wait..
"It is pass interference by either team when any act by a player more than one yard beyond the line of scrimmage significantly hinders an eligible player’s opportunity to catch the ball."

the defender did nothing to significantly hinder the catch prior to the ball arriving. I would even go on to say that he did not hinder the catch in any way and Schoon was going to the ground before any contact whatsoever!

1. Incidental contact by an opponent’s hands, arms, or body when both players are competing for the ball, or neither player is looking for the ball. If there is any question whether contact is incidental, the ruling shall be no interference.

Nav22

Reaction score
Golf clap..........

He still can't beat better teams and sucks in the playoffs. But I get it, we love him because of his ability to stack up regular season stats.
How many QBs do you think are better than him in this league? Just curious.

What's your plan for an upgrade? Let's hear it!

RonnieT24

Reaction score
"It is pass interference by either team when any act by a player more than one yard beyond the line of scrimmage significantly hinders an eligible player’s opportunity to catch the ball."

the defender did nothing to significantly hinder the catch prior to the ball arriving. I would even go on to say that he did not hinder the catch in any way and Schoon was going to the ground before any contact whatsoever!
HE TACKLED HIM WITH THE BALL IN THE AIR!!! Just because he caught it does not change the fact that he was interfered with. The side judge who signaled the TD probably would have thrown the flag had he not been busy calling the TD.

btgboys41

Reaction score
philly doesn't have a top 5 OL? or a top 5 DL? or a top 5 WR group? nah...they suck at all of those areas, with Cox, Carter, Brown, Smith, Kelce, etc....they all just plain suck.
Just looking at team stat rankings and how productive they are. I didn’t say they suck. Nice overreaction. Would you take Phillys O, D, or specials instead of Dallas’? You can isolate position groups and I agree with you they are talented. But they aren’t better than the units Dallas has.

btgboys41

Reaction score
Hurts is playing well and has made some clutch plays late in games but he's turning the ball over. I don't think it's a stretch to say Dak is having a better season than him.
I don’t think it’s a stretch either. Based on their production and results, there’s room for the argument. The beauty is, the gauntlet Dallas and Dak have in front of them after Thursday, along with Philly’s, provides the opportunity for a definitive answer to that. Also, I really don’t care about the debate of QBs. I was just acknowledging some good results from Hurts.

I’ve done plenty recently of Dak and the Boys. I’m one of the crew that hasn’t given up on winning the division.

bottleKids

Reaction score
Is that before or after we played them?

If after, would it be fair to say Dak's play on field at least contributed to said combined loss record?

Additionally, please explain to us all how exactly it's Dak's responsibility for the schedule and how the other teams play when not facing the Cowboys, please be very specific.

Lastly, would you be more encouraged if Dak was playing poorly all 11 games this far?
Dak is fine and playing great - I am not historically a beliver. But I have not complained in months about him based on his current play, and I hope it continues.

However your argument is hypocritical because some of your peers (not saying you) say teams such as the Eagles, Niners, etc benefit from an easy schedule historically. Why is it an ok excuse for us ?

As for your last comment I don't think anyone should be hoping anyone our roster is playing poorly. And if they are they are troll Eagle fans.

bottleKids

Reaction score
give me a top 3 OL, top 5 WR group, top 3 DL, top 5 defense, great running game and a great coach like Siriani and we win many more games like that. ...but we have Steele at RT, and coaches who refuse to help him out when he is clearly struggling and failing.....there is a difference.
Sirani is not a great coach - why do some of you keep saying that ? He makes stupid decisions, and it was obvious when we played them with some of his play calls. The rest of your comment is valid.

bottleKids

Reaction score
facts - mouth breathing refs stole at least one TD by reversing the Schoonmaker catch or not calling PI on the defender. Take your pick. If either of those officiating mistakes is not made the Cowboys win the game and we're not having this conversation. And Dak had nothing to do with any of it
The thing about the refs is.......

"We always complain about them"

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He changed the criteria on you after data proved his first point wrong. His second new point is correct December 19-6 (whoops) January 1-3 results he was looking for. He is not wrong though, but maybe this year we turn that into 4-3!
Yeah he's a very slick man lol. Or at least he thought he was lol. And yeah Jan. has been a struggle partly because of the 2 49ers games. But he also had one of the best games of his career in Jan this year too.