Dak is 2nd in the NFL in Total QBR

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Yeah, we have a damn good QB.

And unfortunately for us, Brock Purdy's for real.

1. Purdy
2. Dak
3. Herbert
4. Allen
5. Mahomes
6. Hurts
7. Goff
8. Cousins
9. Lamar
10. Tua

Fun fact...

Out of the 31 qualified QBs, 9 of the bottom 10 in Total QBR were 1st Round picks.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr
I'm more concerned with wins. Purdy isn't the best player in their offense. You pressure him and he falls apart.

NFCBeasts

Reaction score
It means according to their metrics he is having the best season in terms of doing things to help his team vs not doing things to hurt it. Not a lot of bad throws, bad reads, bone-headed decisions from that kid. But I always come back to what's he look like when things are not near perfect. We got a glimpse of it when Williams and Deebo were out and CMac was dinged up. He looked a lot more mortal in those games. To the surprise of absolutely no one.
What if we use the nfl power index rankings instead ? I bet based on those current rankings you and most who think like you would say “ rankings don’t matter”

TheHerd

Reaction score
You know what? I was completely sick of the negative fans who blamed Dak for every loss like this league is about QBs who can win despite the guys around them. And now I’m getting tired of those wanting to put Dak on a pedestal because he’s playing well. I’ve got news for you. This is still a team game. Dak is playing well because his coach is calling very good games and putting him in a situation to succeed while his receivers and TE are stepping up. Yes, he’s moving more than he had after the ankle, calf, and other injuries.

But Dak is still the same Dak. He’s an above average QB going through a hot streak. He will have some bad games; every QB does. His OL and receivers will struggle; it happens. There will be a weak game plan or a great defense that causes Mike to be more conservative. The team is likely to lose another game or 2, and when that happens, all the Dak blame will start again because a) not beating a good team that outplays us will fit their narrative despite the fact that there are starting QBs who can’t even beat bad teams, and b) because they refuse to admit that this is a team game and that the Cowboys OL, receivers, and defense also feast on subpar teams.

In my opinion, if all facets of our team play well, we can beat anyone, even win the SB from any seeded position, but honestly, I still think we are not a top tier team. I believe the top teams can expose our OL and completely eliminate any run game, making it hard to execute the passing game. I believe the best teams can expose our defense and run the ball on us, dominate time of possession, and then hurt us with play action.

It’s a team game played by humans who will not always be at their best every week, so those of you enjoying rubbing Dak in the faces of those who have made this site so negative and petty better prepare yourselves because when this team loses a game for any reason, it will all be dumped in Dak’s lap. The QB has always taken too much blame and will again. Right now he’s getting too much credit. Even Dak said the reason he’s in a good place right now with his confidence so high or in the zone is also due to what’s around him, giving credit to the players and coaching.
Mods, is posting such sensible, accurate, well thought out and articulated comments allowed?

TheHerd

Reaction score
Just looking at team stat rankings and how productive they are. I didn’t say they suck. Nice overreaction. Would you take Phillys O, D, or specials instead of Dallas’? You can isolate position groups and I agree with you they are talented. But they aren’t better than the units Dallas has.
Are you on crack? I’d take almost every Eagles player but Micah and Bland (and kickers) if you lined them up side by side by position. It’s hard for us homers to admit, but Philly is a superior team.

shabazz

Reaction score
Are you on crack? I’d take almost every Eagles player but Micah and Bland (and kickers) if you lined them up side by side by position. It’s hard for us homers to admit, but Philly is a superior team.
Deep down they know the Niners and Eagles rosters are superior but some of them are so dug in with their “homer, virtue signaling “ identity , that they can’t be honest about it……it must be a bad place to be.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
Yeah, we have a damn good QB.

And unfortunately for us, Brock Purdy's for real.

1. Purdy
2. Dak
3. Herbert
4. Allen
5. Mahomes
6. Hurts
7. Goff
8. Cousins
9. Lamar
10. Tua

Fun fact...

Out of the 31 qualified QBs, 9 of the bottom 10 in Total QBR were 1st Round picks.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr
Give him his due, hes played well statistically. I need to see it in big games. Play well and win.

Nav22

Reaction score
I'm more concerned with wins. Purdy isn't the best player in their offense. You pressure him and he falls apart.
Completely false about Purdy. He's been one of the best QBs in the league under pressure.

Also, every QB who has ever played this sport does worse under pressure.
:laugh:

pansophy

Reaction score
So your saying Trey Lance was a good trade for us?

And what about the curious case of Garraopolo?
Lance could be good. Garraopolo has played in more big games than any QB we have had in 25 years

stiletto

Reaction score
The teams he's playing now are just allowing him to sop gravy on a biscuit. If he plays this way against the Seahawks/Eagles/etc then he should be top 2 MVP candidate for sure.

btgboys41

Reaction score
Deep down they know the Niners and Eagles rosters are superior but some of them are so dug in with their “homer, virtue signaling “ identity , that they can’t be honest about it……it must be a bad place to be.
Given my history, it’s almost unbelievable to be called a homer. My whole point is that we have higher ranked units than Philly, and yet they are better teams overall. But continue with the stale rhetoric.

pansophy

Reaction score
And yet, he's on his 3rd team and got benched.
He’s not the same guy post injuries. The only point is that the hit rate on guys with speed of processing and decision making is way higher than having the physical measurable.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Hard not to love what we're seeing out of Dak right now. This makes 6 straight games of straight ballin. At some point we're gonna have to stop waiting for the other shoe to drop like it almost always did under Moore. McCarthy has a far better feel for in game play calling than Moore ever did and maybe ever will. So you can see now that McCarthy knows how to get the offense into what is working in THIS game against THIS team. He attacks matchups way more and it's paying dividends. Anybody that ever had any doubts about Dak's ability to throw the ball should probably just go sit in a corner cause that dude is slingin it.