Dak is a greater QB than Aikman?

I wonder if other organization fans trash their HOF SB winning qbs to Prop up a qb who hasn't done anything in the playoffs?
I can't speak for the members of other organizations, although I know this one has members who think nothing of it. While they may well be in the lowest percentage who do, anything goes with those folks. Maybe that's where the freedom of expression has its own instance of hiccups.
 
Last edited:
It’s pointless to try and compare generations. Troy played a completely different game than Dak.

Dak is playing against better athletes, Troy probably played in a tougher era overall for the qb position though.
Aikman played in an era where hitting the QB and Wr's over the middle was ok, and it was a heavy running league. I wouldn't say the 2020's players are better athletes than the 90's-2000's... (for the most part). There has been some records and evolution but back then they trained and practiced much harder, Aikman didn't play in the 50's.
 
Some of the Speakeasy crew said Dak was better than Aikman and Romo. Romo can be contested but to say Dak is better than a HOF, and one of the most accurate playoff QB in NFL history, is absurd.

Aikman was a far better college QB and pro QB than Dak. No disrespect to Dak, but "I know Troy and you sir (Dak) are no Troy Aikman.
Aikman has 3 Super Bowl rings.
Dak has 2 first-round playoffs wins.
 
Aikman was a far better college QB and pro QB than Dak. No disrespect to Dak, but "I know Troy and you sir (Dak) are no Troy Aikman.
Please post the quote and source, that has saying this. I can't believe he would say that!!
 
I agree with you that Troy was a better QB, but, the only way to properly compare them would be to have them play behind the same OLine with the exact same compliment of skill position players. Troy was the far more accurate passer and I feel a better decision maker under heavy duress. But since it’s a hypothetical scenario, we’ll never really know.
 
Romo is the best passer of anyone who's ever played here. Made all the throws look easy.
Yeah I'll give you that he may have been the best passer because that's all he wanted to do.

Along with being the best passer he was one of the worst decision makers the worst assessors of risk versus reward.

He was a guy who liked to scramble to be able to pass but he was not a good running quarterback for no other reason than he didn't want to go past the line of scrimmage because that meant he couldn't pass the ball.

There are more qualities involved in being a great quarterback than just pure passing.
Best passer maybe best quarterback not even close.
 
Man, Dak must really be sucking to get a whole first page of threads trying desperately to support him.
 
Please post the quote and source, that has saying this. I can't believe he would say that!!
I think sports illustrated said Troy aikman performed at the highest level when it mattered most.

And I believe this to be true you might get by on your supporting cast once and be a lousy quarterback but when you win three Super bowls you're pretty good.

Conversely when you go to the playoffs and you fail you can blame your supporting cast but if it happens enough times and you never rise to the occasion or make your team play above their heads and pull the rabbit out of the hat well you're just not that guy.
So far guys like Romo and Dak that can't even get to an NFC championship let alone a Super bowl or win one.

They are a few steps down the ladder no matter what they put up statistically too many flaws in their design to get over those final hurdles.

Unfortunately Jerry being one of them LOL
 
Some of the Speakeasy crew said Dak was better than Aikman and Romo. Romo can be contested but to say Dak is better than a HOF, and one of the most accurate playoff QB in NFL history, is absurd.

Aikman was a far better college QB and pro QB than Dak. No disrespect to Dak, but "I know Troy and you sir (Dak) are no Troy Aikman.
How many SB's has Dak won? There is your answer.
 
Some of the Speakeasy crew said Dak was better than Aikman and Romo. Romo can be contested but to say Dak is better than a HOF, and one of the most accurate playoff QB in NFL history, is absurd.

Aikman was a far better college QB and pro QB than Dak. No disrespect to Dak, but "I know Troy and you sir (Dak) are no Troy Aikman.
They are paid to create debate and discussion.
They are entertainers.
That's all.

Back in the day, as a Staubach and Aikman fan, I just don't remember so much BS discussion coming from the media.

It was a Different time.

And I miss it.
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,013
Messages
14,657,117
Members
24,226
Latest member
Dorsett99Yards
Back
Top