Dak is currently the most sacked QB in the NFL

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
Look at this play https://www.dallascowboys.com/video/dak-cooks-up-a-wild-scrambling-touchdown

It shows what I think is a tendency that the defenses are leveraging. He rolls back vs stepping up. The coaches need to work with him on this. While on this play it worked most times he is rolling back into where the OL pushes the defense who are rushing. So he rolls right into the defenders. This is something that coaches can help him correct.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
The o line is currently ranked 8th in the league. Dak has a tendency to hold the ball for far too long (30th in the league for time to throw). The line is good. Dak needs to get rid of the ball quicker.

If your receivers are covered down field what's he supposed to do? What he tries to do...by time sometimes he needs to be throwing it away though for sure. He's a young QB with terrible coaches...I want so badly to see what Dak can do with a legit coaching staff, it hurts so bad knowing this kid could be so much more than he is.

This is a mixture of problems from scheme, Dak, and the o-line. I don't think any of them are more "at fault" than the other but it's becoming a huge mess.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
OL not the best at pass protection, Dak not the best at getting ridding the ball. Not a particularly good combination. Both need to be addressed by the coaches.

Throw in that either we don't run hot routes or Dak doesn't see them. The cameras have at least shown a few times where Dak was sacked this season where we had no one open because we were running routes that take time to develop. When teams are blitzing, you've got to give your QB a quick read, such as a slant.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
Throw in that either we don't run hot routes or Dak doesn't see them. The cameras have at least shown a few times where Dak was sacked this season where we had no one open because we were running routes that take time to develop. When teams are blitzing, you've got to give your QB a quick read, such as a slant.

Yeah and all the routes will be run 15 yards and turn around when it's 3rd and 2. Playcalling and scheme is a total joke.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
I'm actually surprised that he doesn't have the most yardage lost since it seems like he loses at least 10-12 yards on every sack.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
I truly think it's more on Dak hanging onto the ball too long instead of getting rid of it than it is the OL........I know the OL has failed some as well, but you can't go for the HR all the time......sometimes you have to foul a few off till the right opportunity presents itself.

MCMetal69

Reaction score
Is it just me or do we never have "hot reads" when the opposition blitzes ? Dak & the O-Line are far from perfect but the play calls and designs are far more responsible.........................

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
3cwkJKD_d.jpg

LEADING IN ALL THE STATS BABY
I am sure it is the OL at fault lmao.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Its amazing how short the windows are in the nfl these days. We were lauded for doing such a great job building an offensive line from the ground up and that era is over already. Lasted a mere 3 years or so. Think about it, in 3 years from now we will have a terrible linebacking core, thats just how ephemeral things are in the nfl these days.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Guarantee at least 20 of them is him running into pressure

The other are receivers running 13 yard routes on 3rd and 1
Bingo. It is rediculous watching the receivers running these deep in or turn around routes that take 4 seconds to complete. This is a major reason why I cannot wait till Garrett is fired. He is football illiterate and has no sound reason to be the HC of the Cowboys.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Look at this play https://www.dallascowboys.com/video/dak-cooks-up-a-wild-scrambling-touchdown

It shows what I think is a tendency that the defenses are leveraging. He rolls back vs stepping up. The coaches need to work with him on this. While on this play it worked most times he is rolling back into where the OL pushes the defense who are rushing. So he rolls right into the defenders. This is something that coaches can help him correct.

He backs up and spins out to his right. You know its coming. We've seen him roll right into sacks multiple times this season.