Dak is currently the most sacked QB in the NFL

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
He backs up and spins out to his right. You know its coming. We've seen him roll right into sacks multiple times this season.

The good part is that it's totally coach-able. I'd love to see someone like Romo work with him. I think he could be quite a bit better than he is today.

Ken

Reaction score
Guarantee at least 20 of them is him running into pressure

The other are receivers running 13 yard routes on 3rd and 1
And there are more than twenty he has run away from.

Scheme is the biggest issue. They have a ton of these sacks where there is no safety valve or quick read.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
The OL is partly to blame but so is he
He holds the ball too long
Does not step up in the pocket
When he feels pressure he runs out of the pocket WITH HIS BACK TO THE LOS!!

If he had a real coach they would correct these issue but of course we have Coach Clappy so no such luck
I disagree about the coach part. That's just who he is honestly. You can try to coach someone out of bad habits and it may even look good during practice time but when it is live game action he reverts right back to the same stuff he is comfortable doing. Its not just him that does that either regarding bad habits.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Is it just me or do we never have "hot reads" when the opposition blitzes ? Dak & the O-Line are far from perfect but the play calls and designs are far more responsible.........................
Oh, we have them
And always have had them.

So is ore-snap adjustments as well

texbumthelife

Reaction score
The Cowboys haven't played a single snap this season with all five starters on the line. Not that big of a shock, honestly.

cern

Reaction score
I haven't read all the posts so it's doubtful i'll be the first to say this. but he does bring some of the sacks on himself by not just throwing the ball away sooner.

links18

Reaction score
Seems like a basic coaching correction could cut those numbers in half: Stop spinning backwards into sacks! Yet, he does it week and after week. He got lucky and scored a TD on one of those plays yesterday, but usually its a double digit yardage sack for a loss. He needs to stop doing that. That's on coaching.

Daillest88

Reaction score
Big reason Dak holds onto ball too long, 2nd is linehan is a moron. Cowboys pass protection isn’t the best,but a lot better than people think

renny

Reaction score
If I had a crisp 20 dollar bill every time I yelled "throw it throw it!!" During the game I would be looking at a brand new corvette
Can't just throw the ball to throw it. Then bad things would happen INTERCEPTION or INTENTIONAL GROUNDING, then you would have something else to complain about. Get a new offensive, creative coach problem solved.

Jipper

Reaction score
Can't just throw the ball to throw it. Then bad things would happen INTERCEPTION or INTENTIONAL GROUNDING, then you would have something else to complain about. Get a new offensive, creative coach problem solved.

He needs to be smart with it obviously and slide out of the pocket and dump it off too....too many times he holds too long....he needs a plan to move when pressured also which I feel sometimes he doesn’t have

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Is it just me or do we never have "hot reads" when the opposition blitzes ? Dak & the O-Line are far from perfect but the play calls and designs are far more responsible.........................
Then he has to audible or signal at least 1 receiver or te to run that hot route . Tony Romo ran his own offense almost. He knew he fame inside out. Dak , whilst still learning, has to make adjustments or throw it away.

droopdog7

Reaction score
I love how some people will twist reality to blame the coaches without a shred of evidence. Meanwhile, it’s exteemly clear that dak holds onto the ball too long and lacks pocket awareness.

Sydla

Reaction score
The OL is partly to blame but so is he
He holds the ball too long
Does not step up in the pocket
When he feels pressure he runs out of the pocket WITH HIS BACK TO THE LOS!!

If he had a real coach they would correct these issue but of course we have Coach Clappy so no such luck

Yesterday that 2nd and goal play was a prime example. Instead of stepping up into a totally clean pocket, he backed himself INTO the two edge rushers. The OL did their job. The inferior guys stymied the interior push and the two OTs rode their DEs wide. Dak for some bizarre reason just decided to back pedal into the wide edge rushers.

He has to stop doing that.

Sydla

Reaction score
He backs up and spins out to his right. You know its coming. We've seen him roll right into sacks multiple times this season.

He cost us 7 in the Skins game. His first and goal pass to Brown was terrible and then on second down and goal, he took like a ten yard loss backing and spinning into pressure.