Dak Is Gonna Destroy Philly

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Rush was the main reason we lost to Philly. We all knew he would eventually be exposed and they exposed him. Like I said, our defense was playing great entering that game, and it kept us in the game despite his three turnovers. It’s amazing we held Philly to only 26 points. In the second game our defense wasn’t playing near as well. We gave up 34 points in the second game to Gardner Minshew.

He drove Philly down the field in the final moments, and almost pulled the game out. The bottom line is we faced them with their backup and they faced us with our backup. This will be the first matchup between Dak and Hurts. Philly will have a big edge because they’re unbeaten at home this season, and our only two losses were on the road and they were decisive. There won’t be any excuses in this game.
We can agree that neither team will have an excuse this game. Both teams are healthy especially at quarterback.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dak better be careful what he wishes 4. That honey might attract lineman. Just win the game.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Fair or not, when you are in a 27 year dry spell, no matter who the QB is, the bar is set high. We are overdue. Rightfully so. The Yankees in baseball have this expectation every year. Jerry pumps up the value of the team every year, kudos for that, but with that comes high standards. We haven't met standards as far as a SB in very long.The Mike Fishers of the world hate this, but its true. Sunday getting a win puts us 1 step closer. Thats all it is, a game on the schedule, a step.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We can agree that neither team will have an excuse this game. Both teams are healthy especially at quarterback.
Neither team will have an excuse, but you can bet the fans will make excuses if the Cowboys lose. Some are already starting with the officiating crew.

Praxit

Reaction score
..Nate, I'll be glad to come back here, Monday morning. And give the you regards... ;)..

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Neither team will have an excuse, but you can bet the fans will make excuses if the Cowboys lose. Some are already starting with the officiating crew.
The funny thing is the loser will still have good chance to win the division because of the schedules both teams still have to play. The game means something but both teams are making the playoffs unless a major injury happens.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The funny thing is the loser will still have good chance to win the division because of the schedules both teams still have to play. The game means something but both teams are making the playoffs unless a major injury happens.
I don’t think the Cowboys have a very good chance of winning the division if they lose. They’ll be 2.5 games back with Philly holding a tiebreaker. It’s not going to be easy overcoming that with our schedule and the fact that we’ve been real up some weeks and real down some other weeks. If the Cowboys lose tomorrow it’s going to be a big confidence deflator. They haven’t beaten a true contender all season. Although Philly has a tough schedule themselves, they’ve been more consistent. If we lose, we’re going to be depending on other teams to beat them and we’re not going to have a lot of room for error. Our two losses this season were on the road and we have Buffalo and Miami on the road. Tomorrow is a critical game for the Cowboys.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I don’t think the Cowboys have a very good chance of winning the division if they lose. They’ll be 2.5 games back with Philly holding a tiebreaker. It’s not going to be easy overcoming that with our schedule and the fact that we’ve been real up some weeks and real down some other weeks. If the Cowboys lose tomorrow it’s going to be a big confidence deflator. They haven’t beaten a true contender all season. Although Philly has a tough schedule themselves, they’ve been more consistent. If we lose, we’re going to be depending on other teams to beat them and we’re not going to have a lot of room for error. Our two losses this season were on the road and we have Buffalo and Miami on the road. Tomorrow is a critical game for the Cowboys.
If the Eagles lose 2 straight after this game which is possible and Cowboys win 3 straight they are tied record wise with the Eagles having to come to Dallas. It’s very possible.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If the Eagles lose 2 straight after this game which is possible and Cowboys win 3 straight they are tied record wise with the Eagles having to come to Dallas. It’s very possible.
The odds of Philly losing two straight after this game and the Cowboys winning three straight isn’t very likely. Philly has a bye week coming up after tomorrow’s game. Their next game is at KC and KC isn’t the team they were last season. They then have Buffalo and San Francisco at home and both teams have been up and down. The Cowboys next three games after Philly are against the Giants, Panthers, and Commanders. No assurances the Cowboys win those three games. They continue to play down to some of these softer opponents, which leads to what happened against Arizona. You can mark those down as wins if you want but I’m not.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Until I see dak beat a better than average to very good team I will have no faith in him especially in a big game against an opponent where they are not favored.

Sorry guy, I was on the dak bus up until SF and now I'm off until he shows otherwise....I unfortunately think we're going to get absolutely dominated

Hope I'm totally wrong or I'm going to end up drinking a lot of beer
Finally a man of conviction. I am like you...except I got off the Dak train when he crapped the bed against the Chiefs. At that point in time I determined it was MENTAL for Dak: Not that he can't read defenses - he just proved he can versus the Chargers - but he freezes when the lights are brightest. Think of putting or driving a golf ball or making a free throw: Easy to do when you don't have 25,000,000 watching you shoot that free throw. Well, Dak showed in the KC game that he was just shook because Mahomes was on the field. Anytime we have a big game outside of our division, he starts the game so cautious because he doesn't want to be the reason we fail instead of having cocky confidence that he is our advantage.

It's mental...and if you don't believe in yourself, why should I? Fix that internal stuff first...it's why Romo could never become the unquestioned leader of the team...he was too busy sulking and moping internally. Fix that stuff first...and then project your internal confidence to the team in big and small games.

Jipper

Reaction score
Finally a man of conviction. I am like you...except I got off the Dak train when he crapped the bed against the Chiefs. At that point in time I determined it was MENTAL for Dak: Not that he can't read defenses - he just proved he can versus the Chargers - but he freezes when the lights are brightest. Think of putting or driving a golf ball or making a free throw: Easy to do when you don't have 25,000,000 watching you shoot that free throw. Well, Dak showed in the KC game that he was just shook because Mahomes was on the field. Anytime we have a big game outside of our division, he starts the game so cautious because he doesn't want to be the reason we fail instead of having cocky confidence that he is our advantage.

It's mental...and if you don't believe in yourself, why should I? Fix that internal stuff first...it's why Romo could never become the unquestioned leader of the team...he was too busy sulking and moping internally. Fix that stuff first...and then project your internal confidence to the team in big and small games.
100 percent agree - hopefully you and I get to talk on Monday about seeing something we haven't seen in a long time vs continuing to share our same view on dak

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The odds of Philly losing two straight after this game and the Cowboys winning three straight isn’t very likely. Philly has a bye week coming up after tomorrow’s game. Their next game is at KC and KC isn’t the team they were last season. They then have Buffalo and San Francisco at home and both teams have been up and down. The Cowboys next three games after Philly are against the Giants, Panthers, and Commanders. No assurances the Cowboys win those three games. They continue to play down to some of these softer opponents, which leads to what happened against Arizona. You can mark those down as wins if you want but I’m not.
The Cowboys are more likely to beat the Giants, Carolina and Washington then the Eagles will beat KC, San Francisco and Buffalo. As a matter of fact the Eagles will have 4 loses by the time they come back to Dallas. You seem to forget the Cowboys lost their 2nd best defensive player and 3 offensive linemen days before the Arizona game while the Eagles were healthy against the Jets.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Even if we go with the idea that it doesn't add to the "number" of possessions, it still adds to our offense having the ball more (possession) when the defense take the ball away from the other team. Are you operating under the assumption that if they didn't get a turnover the opponent just goes 3 and out? Because the more likely scenario is the opponent picks up a 1st down or 2 and chews up some time that our offense could have had the ball if the defense had gotten a turnover.
I mean they have layed it out for you in black and white...Turnover, 3 and out OR EVEN the offense scores and POOF we get the ball back...onside kick recovery would add a possession, fumbled punt return you know things that actually take away from an offense taking the field...

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Cowboys are more likely to beat the Giants, Carolina and Washington then the Eagles will beat KC, San Francisco and Buffalo. As a matter of fact the Eagles will have 4 loses by the time they come back to Dallas. You seem to forget the Cowboys lost their 2nd best defensive player and 3 offensive linemen days before the Arizona game while the Eagles were healthy against the Jets.
There’s no excuse for what happened against Arizona. The Cardinals were playing with a backup QB who had a career game and just got traded. The Cowboys were favored by two TDs and ended up losing by two TDs. We never even held the lead in that game. That was the Cardinals only win. I gave you my opinion and you gave yours. We’ll see how it plays out.