Dak Is Gonna Destroy Philly

Proof

Reaction score
It’s one of those look at me type threads. He said he doesn’t care what people think because no one knows who he is. People post things here they would never post if everyone knew them. No one wants to come off looking stupid in front of people that know them. The anonymity of message boards brings out the silliness in people. Threads like these almost always backfire. Fans go way out on a thin limb, pounding their chest and end up getting roasted after the game. Most enjoy the attention even if it’s negative. They simply don’t care. The problem is no one is going to take anything they have to say seriously, so it makes posting your opinions a waste of time.
It's not an opinion though. He's mocking Dak, and his fans. If he's "wrong" he'll just say "wow, I was certain our elite qb would fair better than sam howell and mac jones. that's crazy" etc.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It's not an opinion though. He's mocking Dak, and his fans. If he's "wrong" he'll just say "wow, I was certain our elite qb would fair better than sam howell and mac jones. that's crazy" etc.
Whatever his agenda is he’s looking forward to the backlash. It’s pretty obvious it wasn’t a serious post.

plasticman

Reaction score
Over the past season and a half, the Cowboys are 11-1 at home. However, they are 6-6 on the road.

Last season the Cowboys were 2-2 on the road against teams that made the playoffs that season.

This season, the Cowboys have played 4 games on the road so far. They crushed the Giants, lost big to the next 2, to the Cardinals and 49ers, and got past the Chargers by a field goal. Currently, it looks as if the 49ers will be the only one of those four teams to make the playoffs.

Just like the Cowboys, the Eagles are undefeated at home with a 3-0 record. The Eagles know how important this game is for the Cowboys as well as Eagles fans.

If the Cowboys were to win this game then it would signal a turning point in their season.

The Cowboys don't need this game to make the playoffs but I think they would need this game if they are to make a significant impact during the playoffs. In that respect it is a must win game. However, the probability of a win, in my estimation, is about 47% to the Eagles 53%. This game is going to be very tough to win and absolutely needs the stars to shine.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I like the way you think. If I'm right, I can still celebrate. Win. Win. It's fool-Proof.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dak destroyed the Eagles last season and the Eagles had a better defense.
We played them at home, and they had Gardner Minshew at QB. It’s going to be a lot tougher playing them in Philly with Hurts.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
We played them at home, and they had Gardner Minshew at QB. It’s going to be a lot tougher playing them in Philly with Hurts.
I didn’t know Hurts played defense too. :huh: Maybe he should be the MVP.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I didn’t know Hurts played defense too. :huh: Maybe he should be the MVP.
Not having your starting QB does have an affect how your defense plays. Not having Hurts affected Philly’s running game because he’s part of it. A defense has to account for him. Gardner Minshew had to put the ball up 40 times and had a couple of INT‘s. Turnovers put your defense back on the field and gives your opponent a short field. That has an affect on your defense.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Not having your starting QB does have an affect how your defense plays. Not having Hurts affected Philly’s running game because he’s part of it. A defense has to account for him. Gardner Minshew had to put the ball up 40 times and had a couple of INT‘s. Turnovers put your defense back on the field and gives your opponent a short field. That has an affect on your defense.
You could say the same thing about the 1st game in Philadelphia last season but like most you never bring that up. I wonder why? :huh: :huh: The Cowboys beat the Eagles 1st string defense and score 40 points. Hurts would have done nothing about that.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You could say the same thing about the 1st game in Philadelphia last season but like most you never bring that up. I wonder why? :huh: :huh: The Cowboys beat the Eagles 1st string defense and score 40 points. Hurts would have done nothing about that.
I’ve had several discussions about the first game with Philly last season. Don’t know where you’ve been, but Hurts was having an MVP season last year. Philly had the Cowboys down 20-0 with Hurts in Philly at one point, before we battled back. Our defense was playing great football entering that game but we still ended up losing by two scores. I don’t believe the Cowboys are as good on either side of the ball this season as they were last season. Our pass rush was just killing it last year at this time, which is why we were winning games with Cooper Rush. The Cowboys were on pace to break the all-time sack record, but fell off the second half of the season.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Except control the ball longer with extended drives. You’re an expert, though. So, whatever you say is accurate. Everyone on this site will agree you’re the most knowledgeable person that posts here. I believe that.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Except control the ball longer with extended drives. You’re an expert, though. So, whatever you say is accurate. Everyone on this site will agree you’re the most knowledgeable person that posts here. I believe that.
Yeah that makes sense. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I’ve had several discussions about the first game with Philly last season. Don’t know where you’ve been, but Hurts was having an MVP season last year. Philly had the Cowboys down 20-0 with Hurts in Philly at one point, before we battled back. Our defense was playing great football entering that game but we still ended up losing by two scores. I don’t believe the Cowboys are as good on either side of the ball this season as they were last season. Our pass rush was just killing it last year at this time, which is why we were winning games with Cooper Rush. The Cowboys were on pace to break the all-time sack record, but fell off the second half of the season.
You basically just ignored Rush’s 3 picks that got the Eagles off to that start but hey you the expert Hurts 150 yards of total offense was the difference.

_sturt_

Reaction score
That's right folks, you heard it here first! Ol' Honey Bear is gonna shred this Eagles secondary. Just look at some of their games against far inferior QBs this year:

Sam Howell? (Should be Sam Who'n'ell is that?) 396 yards 4 TDs 1 Int (290 and 1 td in their first game)

Kirk Kissin Cousins? 364 and 4 TDs 0 Int

And the Mighty Mac Jones? 316 3 and 1.

I mean come on, there's no way Honey Bear doesn't go into Philly and just rain shock and awe down on that secondary. My guess is this is a shoot out and he puts at least 350+ and 4 TDs on them. Especially with an early chance to take over 1st place in the NFCE on the line. These are the games Dak thrives on, plus I hear he owns the Eagles.

Get yo honey ready.

And the bigger deal than any of that, imo, is that PHI hasn't faced a QB yet that poses some degree of running threat. Tua is the only one who may have qualified, but he didn't in that game.

I don't go so far as to claim what will happen. It's the NFL. Too many possible factors to assess that have impact on results, and one in particular that can be somewhat random from game to game... the turnover battle.

But all things being equal, yes, there's a good chance that Dak will end up with the better day than the PHI defense.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You basically just ignored Rush’s 3 picks that got the Eagles off to that start but hey you the expert Hurts 150 yards of total offense was the difference.
Rush was the main reason we lost to Philly. We all knew he would eventually be exposed and they exposed him. Like I said, our defense was playing great entering that game, and it kept us in the game despite his three turnovers. It’s amazing we held Philly to only 26 points. In the second game our defense wasn’t playing near as well. We gave up 34 points in the second game to Gardner Minshew.

He drove Philly down the field in the final moments, and almost pulled the game out. The bottom line is we faced them with their backup and they faced us with our backup. This will be the first matchup between Dak and Hurts. Philly will have a big edge because they’re unbeaten at home this season, and our only two losses were on the road and they were decisive. There won’t be any excuses in this game.

GINeric

Reaction score
Well, the rest of his season helped make Hurts an MVP contender, not just that game. As for your first question...does Dak get 300 yards without the extra 4 possessions?

Dak has passed for 300+ yards 22 times in his career.

He's apparently more than capable of doing that.