CFZ Dak is Good Enough to Drive the Bus

T-RO

Reaction score
Dakota "TOAD HUNTER" Prescot is the ultimate toad hunter in the NFL. He racks up yardage on lousy teams or teams that are so far ahead in the game that they jump into a prevent D and allows the TOAD HUNTER to get his while at the same time the clock is winding down on another lose for the Boys under the direction of the over hyped and overpaid less than mediocre Dakota "TOAD HUNTER" Prescot. If you really want to track something, track the 3 and outs under the TOAD HUNTER. He probably leads the league in at category.
Note to self: clean desk today. Vacuum away dust.

75boyz

Reaction score
Yep, unfortunately our ownership and coaching staff appear to believe Prescott is much more prolific passer than much of our fanbase does. They definitely don’t see him as a bus driver .

And the offense we are building around Dak doesn’t look like the dominating rushing offense we had when we led the league in rushing.
Yep and yep.
Unfortunately.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
The whole problem with that point of view is that we can do it in the regular season and fans quote we've got a great/top offense, then when the pressure's on we tend to fail.
Our great/top offenses usually build their statistical greatness against mediocre defenses (although that can be said of any top offense). When the rubber meets the road, we come up short. Many times in the past it has been because of defensive letdowns, but sometimes our offense hasn't been good enough. There are many ways to lose, and we've pretty much done all of them in our failure to get to an NFC title game.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
23 here. 19 as an NCO. I know that you were trained and went to schools as well, to develop leadership qualities.

I never assumed anything concerning your past. Assume makes an arse out of you and me as that goes down. Oh, and there is management as all the needs of your men as well as tactical advantages have to be managed.

Be where you are supposed to be; when you are supposed to be there; with what you are supposed to have. The same applies to coaching a football team.

In armed conflicts, if you were early, late, or not where you were supposed to be...someone paid the price. Motivation!

By the way, you think that Dak deserves the blame for not accomplishing Mission? I didn't stutter on the leadership requirement for all team effectiveness...
Dak checks all the boxes for leadership except one. Leading by example. He doesn't take care of the ball.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The answer to your question is pretty obvious.

He lost to Mr Irrelevant in the playoffs for crying out loud.
I didn’t see Mr irrelevant on defense . You really thought the Cowboys had a better team than the 49ers and we should have go to into Santa Clara and upset them ?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn’t see Mr irrelevant on defense . You really thought the Cowboys had a better team than the 49ers and we should have go to into Santa Clara and upset them ?
Yes. The Cowboys lost 19-12. 12!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They scored 12 points. 3 came off a turnover so the offense really only generated 9 points.

The defense did their job. #4 did not. He didn't step up when Pollard went down. It was embarrassing it was so bad.

Hell yes the Cowboys could have and should have won that game. SF didn't scare me before that game and they still don't to this day.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Dak checks all the boxes for leadership except one. Leading by example. He doesn't take care of the ball.
For entire duration, he does. Against good teams and a lot of injuries, things get a lot tougher.

Moore didn't make winners of his men...

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Yes. The Cowboys lost 19-12. 12!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They scored 12 points. 3 came off a turnover so the offense really only generated 9 points.

The defense did their job. #4 did not. He didn't step up when Pollard went down. It was embarrassing it was so bad.

Hell yes the Cowboys could have and should have won that game. SF didn't scare me before that game and they still don't to this day.
You can't win games in the playoffs by asking Dak to carry the team. Dak isn't that guy, will never be that guy.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Nope, not at all. I actually feel sorry for all those who have bet the house on a less than mediocre QB who won't even lead his team to a decent finish in the Eastern Div......LOL!
12 - 5, + 2 deep in the playoffs with a season-long injured Oline, only 1 legit WR and a questionable playcaller was not good enough for you? lol

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Our great/top offenses usually build their statistical greatness against mediocre defenses (although that can be said of any top offense). When the rubber meets the road, we come up short. Many times in the past it has been because of defensive letdowns, but sometimes our offense hasn't been good enough. There are many ways to lose, and we've pretty much done all of them in our failure to get to an NFC title game.
But the only constant in the two 49'ers games is that when in hurry-up offense Dak was unable to get the Offense working.....now you can argue that it's the WHOLE Offense, and to a degree it is (and we've got to better scheming for that that scenario....personally thing Moore schemed for himself, not Dak), However, it's Dak that has the ball in his hands on every play and he had 4 drives to get the TD to tie/lead.

Im not as much a 'HATER' as I come across, but we cant just hide the deficiency in his game.
You can't win games in the playoffs by asking Dak to carry the team. Dak isn't that guy, will never be that guy.
Totally agree, and accepting that is the first way to solving the problem. The problem is that how come Dak can do it during regular season, but comes up short in the play-offs.....that indicates it's not personnel, so we're hoping MM can incorporate a scheme that suits Dak, The improved receiving corp and KM's departure should align for success this season.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
What teams did you feel we were better than we should have beat? Surely not SF or Phil?

I’m not sure everyone can accept there is simply going to be teams and or QB’s better than us in n the playoffs .

Even in our glory years we were all too often beaten by better teams .I’d argue we haven’t had a good enough team in not just the QB position to advance any further than we have . Unfortunately all teams don’t get an Elite QB.
It's the repeated manner of the defeats....an inability to convert late in games when the pressure's on. In both 49ers games we were still in the game (and had the ball on two occasions both games) with 5 mins remaining, but couldnt revert. We can look at Game 1 penalties Game 2 Pollard coupled on both occasions with an inability to stop the 49ers running the clock down.

Indeed if we look at the reverse scenario, Dak is fabulous at managing a lead by utilizing the run and short game.....unfortunately you dont get the blow outs in the play-offs.

The forthcoming extension (with the addition of the CAP Arrears from previous restructures) is going to massively inflate Dak's CAP hit and as is going to limit the team the team we can field.

What i'd suggest is that we do everything we can to put everything in this year (even D-Hop) and go for it as a real watershed whether its the team that's letting Dak down, or that it's his troubles under pressure.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It's the repeated manner of the defeats....an inability to convert late in games when the pressure's on. In both 49ers games we were still in the game (and had the ball on two occasions both games) with 5 mins remaining, but couldnt revert. We can look at Game 1 penalties Game 2 Pollard coupled on both occasions with an inability to stop the 49ers running the clock down.

Indeed if we look at the reverse scenario, Dak is fabulous at managing a lead by utilizing the run and short game.....unfortunately you dont get the blow outs in the play-offs.

The forthcoming extension (with the addition of the CAP Arrears from previous restructures) is going to massively inflate Dak's CAP hit and as is going to limit the team the team we can field.

What i'd suggest is that we do everything we can to put everything in this year (even D-Hop) and go for it as a real watershed whether its the team that's letting Dak down, or that it's his troubles under pressure.

You’re still avoiding the fact those teams were better than us .

I suppose you’d expect us to beat the Chiefs in the Super Bowl too. Lol

I’m not sure why some fans can’t handle losing to better teams . We accepted it when we lost to the Packers and to Steelers in our glory era . And we had championship caliber teams with opportunities to win those games .

Unfortunately sometimes there are just better teams who make more plays than we do. That’s all in the spirit of competition.

Cowboys simply haven’t had a team this era which was good enough to go further. And that includes the QB position. Brutal honesty.

Last edited:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think blaming the defense is fine...but it needs a deeper dive. I am not sure our 2016 defense was any kind of doomsday...but our offense did them right. We kept the ball, solid run game. Few turnovers. Defense stayed fresh.

Not sure how defense rankings take this kind of stuff into account.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

While I agree #4 had a horrible game . A better performance could have made it more interesting and perhaps provided an opportunity to win , I’m just not sure how we can come away thinking we had the better team.

It has nothing to do with being scared of them. They were favorites and most outside of some blind homers knew it would be very difficult to beat them on the road. Our QB and offense don’t generally fare well against top defenses . Simply a poor matchup for us .

I can’t imagine any sound football analyst outside of mentioned group who didn’t believe the best two teams were in NFCCG.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
And why were we in those games ?
That's my exact point, when the pressure's not on we can produce.

I’m not sure why some fans can’t handle losing to better teams . We accepted it when we lost to the Packers and to Steelers in our glory era . And we had championship caliber teams with opportunities to win those games .

Unfortunately sometimes there are just better teams who make more plays than we do. That’s all in the spirit of competition.

Cowboys simply haven’t had a team this era which was good enough to go further. Deal with reality. And that includes the QB position.
But how do we get a 'better team'? Losing once is acceptable, but when it repeats (and for similar reasons and apparent weaknesses) it's either: carry on, hope and accept the outcome, or you try and change the outcome.

Lets hope the addition of Cooks, Mazi and subtraction of KM helps, otherwise where do we look.....carry on or seek change?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Cowboys simply haven’t had a team this era which was good enough to go further. And that includes the QB position. Brutal honesty.
Lots of very average QB's were clearly "good enough" to win super bowls.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I think blaming the defense is fine...but it needs a deeper dive. I am not sure our 2016 defense was any kind of doomsday...but our offense did them right. We kept the ball, solid run game. Few turnovers. Defense stayed fresh.

Not sure how defense rankings take this kind of stuff into account.
I suppose we could 'blame' the run defense in 2021/22 as it restricted the time of possession late on, however, it wasnt critical, we had the chances, with ball in hand (4 times) in both games.