CFZ Dak is Good Enough to Drive the Bus

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
But they needed outstanding teams , coaching staff and stellar defenses around them.

It’s still a team game and why the best QB’s aren’t playing for championships every year.
So now with our elite defense we're hoping for that improvement....if nothing else id expect to limit opponents time of possession and with Gilmore better field position.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That's my exact point, when the pressure's not on we can produce.

But how do we get a 'better team'? Losing once is acceptable, but when it repeats (and for similar reasons and apparent weaknesses) it's either: carry on, hope and accept the outcome, or you try and change the outcome.

Lets hope the addition of Cooks, Mazi and subtraction of KM helps, otherwise where do we look.....carry on or seek change?
We forget that we are playing an opponent and they often need as much credit as we do blame.

We need change from the top. Which isn’t hopeful unfortunately.

How many teams are playing for championships without either an Elite defense or QB. We have had neither . The closer we can get to that will bolster our opportunities to advance .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So now with our elite defense we're hoping for that improvement....if nothing else id expect to limit opponents time of possession and with Gilmore better field position.
Like I just responded above to another post . We need either an Elite QB or Defense. We have had neither . The closer we get to one or both of those the more our opportunities will rise .

starfan1

Reaction score
Well obviously as Mazi and Gilmore havent played, however, that helps the two defensive question marks, run defense and CB2.
Im hopeful and it should as should Sam Williams having another year

My biggest concern remains with the OL it’s no longer dominant and health will be a concern again I’m sure

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
You’re still avoiding the fact those teams were better than us .

I suppose you’d expect us to beat the Chiefs in the Super Bowl too. Lol

I’m not sure why some fans can’t handle losing to better teams . We accepted it when we lost to the Packers and to Steelers in our glory era . And we had championship caliber teams with opportunities to win those games .

Unfortunately sometimes there are just better teams who make more plays than we do. That’s all in the spirit of competition.

Cowboys simply haven’t had a team this era which was good enough to go further. And that includes the QB position. Brutal honesty.
Speak for yourself. I never accepted losing to the Steelers. I haven't accepted losing to the 49ers in those championship games. Those teams were good enough to win it all. I don't think these current Cowboy teams are good enough to beat the AFC Champs but they sure should have beaten the 49ers last year if we just had average QB play.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Im hopeful and it should as should Sam Williams having another year

My biggest concern remains with the OL it’s no longer dominant and health will be a concern again I’m sure
Not only is our OL a concern if it can remain healthy but we no longer have a pound the rock type of RB like when we led the league in rushing with Murray and Elliott.

I suspect we will again lean on our passing game and QB.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Speak for yourself. I never accepted losing to the Steelers. I haven't accepted losing to the 49ers in those championship games. Those teams were good enough to win it all. I don't think these current Cowboy teams are good enough to beat the AFC Champs but they sure should have beaten the 49ers last year if we just had average QB play.
Yes, but we faced better teams who made more plays .

I’m not sure why all fans can’t handle losing to better teams and performances ?

And I don’t t agree we should have beat the Whiners last year. Could we have beat them with better performance from our QB, perhaps but we don’t know . All I can deal with is reality.

For the sake of argument last year if we had the #1 defense maybe we wouldn’t have needed a better performance from our QB. Just saying..

It goes back to needing either an Elite QB or defense . We had neither. They did.

Last edited:

starfan1

Reaction score
Not only is our OL a concern if it can remain healthy but we no longer have a pound the rock type of RB like when we led the league in rushing with Murray and Elliott.

I suspect we will again lean on our passing game and QB.
Unfortunately I’m agree. More reason why I was so mad we passed on Torrence for a TE we could have gotten later and was not even a big need IMO

Oh well maybe someone will step up for us or year 28 come on down

CCBoy

Reaction score
Unfortunately I’m agree. More reason why I was so mad we passed on Torrence for a TE we could have gotten later and was not even a big need IMO

Sorry, I can always come up with diapers for letting loose. Myself...

CCBoy

Reaction score
Accountability and responsibility rests at the top and can't be delegated down. I blame Moore for that loss ... twice.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Better yet , I would have liked to pursue or draft a bigger bruising QB. I like our late round pick but he’s going to be more of a passing threat than running. And I think it’s where our offense is going to focus on unfortunately. We shall see.

starfan1

Reaction score
Better yet , I would have liked to pursue or draft a bigger bruising QB. I like our late round pick but he’s going to be more of a passing threat than running. And I think it’s where our offense is going to focus on unfortunately. We shall see.
I assume you meant RB and I’d have been ok with a few RBs but I think they went much earlier than I anticipated

I was on the Bijan or Gibbs first or else OL train

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But they needed outstanding teams , coaching staff and stellar defenses around them.

It’s still a team game and why the best QB’s aren’t playing for championships every year.
exactly. not sure why qbs get the lion share of blame. just is what it is i guess.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
While I agree #4 had a horrible game . A better performance could have made it more interesting and perhaps provided an opportunity to win
A better performance could have made it more interesting? Just average QB play and the Cowboys win. They didn't need a great day. They didn't need an above average day. Just be a bus driver and don't lose the game. Bottom line - The Cowboys should have won. And #4 is the reason they didn't. AGAIN.