CFZ Dak is Good Enough to Drive the Bus

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dakota "TOAD HUNTER" Prescot is the ultimate toad hunter in the NFL. He racks up yardage on lousy teams or teams that are so far ahead in the game that they jump into a prevent D and allows the TOAD HUNTER to get his while at the same time the clock is winding down on another lose for the Boys under the direction of the over hyped and overpaid less than mediocre Dakota "TOAD HUNTER" Prescot. If you really want to track something, track the 3 and outs under the TOAD HUNTER. He probably leads the league in at category.
Are you OK? You sound hurt, upset and very angry.

Brax

Reaction score
Actually both extremes are the problem as most fans are more in the middle .
Dak is in the middle, some games great against the weak teams then you get the duds against the good teams. No one, well almost nobody would complain if he played above average week in and out, at this point anyone with a brain knows Daks ability wilts against higher competition it’s been that way since college. You folks who want to sugarcoat and lick boots are fine. It’s not extreme when it’s the truth, and until Dak proves otherwise it’s going to stay that way. The hope of the coming season rests with the D, hopefully Dak doesn’t find another way to screw it up.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dak is in the middle, some games great against the weak teams then you get the duds against the good teams. No one, well almost nobody would complain if he played above average week in and out, at this point anyone with a brain knows Daks ability wilts against higher competition it’s been that way since college. You folks who want to sugarcoat and lick boots are fine. It’s not extreme when it’s the truth, and until Dak proves otherwise it’s going to stay that way. The hope of the coming season rests with the D, hopefully Dak doesn’t find another way to screw it up.
I’m certainly not licking boots as often critical. He’s already proved he’s more in the middle like most fans see. Those who think he totally suks are as bad as though who think he’s elite.

Brax

Reaction score
I’m certainly not licking boots as often critical. He’s already proved he’s more in the middle like most fans see. Those who think he totally suks are as bad as though who think he’s elite.
Guess we are on the same page.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Guess we are on the same page.
Not exactly.

Im more in line with fans who realize his shortcomings and limitations while also him potentially being enough with a strong supporting cast.

We also think he’s over hyped and paid by our dysfunctional ownership but that market price is unfortunately part of the game.

It is what it is. Bottomline is he isn’t as bad as some think nor as good as others hail. Look around in the NFC and there isn’t a bunch of QB’s who are better.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Not exactly.

Im more in line with fans who realize his shortcomings and limitations while also him potentially being enough with a strong supporting cast.

We also think he’s over hyped and paid by our dysfunctional ownership but that market price is unfortunately part of the game.

It is what it is. Bottomline is he isn’t as bad as some think nor as good as others hail. Look around in the NFC and there isn’t a bunch of QB’s who are better.
Yep, spot on....the question then is whether we continue trying the same thing whilst being hindered by an elite Dak contract (that's going to be inflated by the existing restructures) or take the 'Hurts' approach, accept that there aren't many elite QB's and find improvements through the roster.
For me 2023 is the real prove it, especially as due to the existing bonus' Dak's extension is going to be long.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Yep, spot on....the question then is whether we continue trying the same thing whilst being hindered by an elite Dak contract (that's going to be inflated by the existing restructures) or take the 'Hurts' approach, accept that there aren't many elite QB's and find improvements through the roster.
For me 2023 is the real prove it, especially as due to the existing bonus' Dak's extension is going to be long.
For this fan, all is already on the line for both Mike McCarthy and Dak Prescott on this year's results. Divisional or a Lombardi.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Not exactly.

Which is why it's frustrating when Dak still can't get us to a championship game. The QBs in the NFC are weak.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The bigger issue to me is do we trust our dysfunctional ownership to find or draft a better QB. And we’ve had Cap money we could have spent to bolster our roster but chose not too. Daks contract IMO becomes just another talking point . Paying Market Price is unfortunately part of the beast in the NFL.

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Which is why it's frustrating when Dak still can't get us to a championship game. The QBs in the NFC are weak.
he doesn't play weak qbs, he plays strong Ds..got that yet?? its a team game no run game, not much from the OL, i mean we forget those 14 penalty's in 2021? we forget 2018 rams game: no run game ol getting thumped by that rams DL, while the d gave up 273 yards on the ground, we forget Dak played better then Rogers his rookie year only to have his D choke? we forget last year Dak played poorly, sure no run game, shaky OL, also common theme.

yes lets play blame the qb for utter team deficiencies. sure easy target, blame 1 player.

2014 Romo had his best season as Pro only to be let down by his RB fumbling, kicker missing 2 fgs, and bad call by the refs plus again a d that could stop ar12 on the last drive,.. sure Romo never got to a NFCCG, all his fault. LOL shall i bring up Crayton? ill leave it there.

coaching was superb, almost HOF like, oh wait that was with Troy and Roger always had a top run game and OL with HOF players and coaching

right, they did it on their own. NOT!!!

TEAM GAME

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
The bigger issue to me is do we trust our dysfunctional ownership to find or draft a better QB. And we’ve had Cap money we could have spent to bolster our roster but chose not too. Daks contract IMO becomes just another talking point . Paying Market Price is unfortunately part of the beast in the NFL.
That's the debate, pay inflated 'market rate' for a QB that doesn't get over the hump, or trust McClay to get a QB (and use the CAP saving).

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
he doesn't play weak qbs, he plays strong Ds..got that yet?? its a team game no run game, not much from the OL, i mean we forget those 14 penalty's in 2021? we forget 2018 rams game: no run game ol getting thumped by that rams DL, while the d gave up 273 yards on the ground, we forget Dak played better then Rogers his rookie year only to have his D choke? we forget last year Dak played poorly, sure no run game, shaky OL, also common theme.

yes lets play blame the qb for utter team deficiencies. sure easy target, blame 1 player.

2014 Romo had his best season as Pro only to be let down by his RB fumbling, kicker missing 2 fgs, and bad call by the refs plus again a d that could stop ar12 on the last drive,.. sure Romo never got to a NFCCG, all his fault. LOL shall i bring up Crayton? ill leave it there.

coaching was superb, almost HOF like, oh wait that was with Troy and Roger always had a top run game and OL with HOF players and coaching

right, they did it on their own. NOT!!!

TEAM GAME
Always excuses. Same as Romo. Always excuses. And I always laugh because it's always a team game when they lose. I always love how Murray and Crayton are blamed for Romo's failures when for most of his playoff games he was mediocre. He was mediocre in that Giant game but all anyone remembers is Crayton. And the only reason he was all pro in 2014 is because of Murray who should have been our MVP that season When they win it's all on them. Let's anoint them. Dak sucked the last 2 SF playoff games. I don't hear Patriot or Chiefs fans making excuses. Oh that's right because they actually play in championship games.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Always excuses. Same as Romo. Always excuses. And I always laugh because it's always a team game when they lose. I always love how Murray and Crayton are blamed for Romo's failures when for most of his playoff games he was mediocre. He was mediocre in that Giant game but all anyone remembers is Crayton. And the only reason he was all pro in 2014 is because of Murray who should have been our MVP that season When they win it's all on them. Let's anoint them. Dak sucked the last 2 SF playoff games. I don't hear Patriot or Chiefs fans making excuses. Oh that's right because they actually play in championship games.
IM Not bothering reading past first 2 words.

FACTS, not excuses NEXT!

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Time limit expired but I wanted to add that that Dak has put up some good numbers in regular season games So obviously he had help then too right? See it's only when he loses that he has no help. Playoffs are a different brteed then the regular season. That's when QBs legacies are determined. I wish Dak could show everybody that he can do it but I have my doubts.