CFZ Dak is Good Enough to Drive the Bus

12+88=7

Reaction score
I have no problem with that and feel the same way. But again, Dak only played 6 full seasons of football due to injury. Many of those quarterbacks I've named didn't go to OR win Superbowls in 6 or 7 full seasons.

Do I need to give you a list of quarterbacks who weren't abandoned after not winning a superbowl in 6 or 7 seasons?? Will your hypocritical double standard apply to them as well when I tell you who they are??

Or is this just a double standard rule that only applies to Dak according to your logic. Just let me know.
Logic doesn't apply to you Prescott crazies.

I've been around since Dandy Don and have have seen QBs come and go. When Prescott leaves I will root for the next one.

Prescott's time is running out. As soon as Dallas can get out from his contract they will move on. That's just the way it works. It has nothing to do with your precious Prescott.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
@DandyDon52

Don't listen to @817Gill , @Mac_MaloneV1 and several other fellow Dak supporters. They mean well and are standing up for Dak, but they are absolutely wrong. Everyone here knows there is no bigger Dak supporter than me, but Dak should have thrown it to a wide open Dalton Schultz for what should have been an easy 41 yard passing TD for the reason I explained up above. ^^^^
You are wrong. He is not wide open.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Logic doesn't apply to you Prescott crazies.

I've been around since Dandy Don and have have seen QBs come and go. When Prescott leaves I will root for the next one.

Prescott's time is running out. As soon as Dallas can get out from his contract they will move on. That's just the way it works. It has nothing to do with your precious Prescott.
Lol, talking about people not having logic.

Dak is going to get an extension, it is an invevitability.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Not arguing with your points, but you've answered your own ..... "go out and get us an Elite QB" question. The alternative to Dak (if for me, he cant show the necessary composure to indicate he can overcome adversity to win), is we do exactly as you say, accept there are only a minimal number of elite QB's, so go and use the organizational strength (McClay with his Draft/Scouting Team) to draft someone you like and use the CAP saving to strengthen the roster for the rookie QB (ala 2016).
I don't disagree, but that's a tough decision. facts are you need top 10 at worst and probably a top 3 pick to get an elite QB (and a bit of luck). for that to happen you have to suck bad or injuries decimating the team and you end up in top 10, be lucky to have a year like 2018 where 4 QBs were drafted in top 10 and we get lucky with one like Allen. we were 12-5 and in second round of playoff. to make huge trades, loses resources to get to top 10 and draft a QB is tough pill to swallow. or dump everyone and go to rebuild mode, which again tough pill to swallow. so the most logical recourse is to make a push. Is Dak good enough? we know he is not elite and he has to have supporting cast. there is no denying that. but Philly just did it with Hurts. for them it was the perfect storm and it takes a good GM to get to that point and that's were come up short.

p.s.

I am not so worried about CAP. it hasn't stopped us yet. there hasn't been anyone we want to sign and couldn't. unless people think we lost schultz because of it. cooper was a bad Jerry decision and more personal than logical.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It took Brady to get to his 40's before his annual QBR rating fell to Dak's (2021 and 2022) sub 60 rating.
and you are comparing Dak to Brady, why? or are you just pointing out that Dak is not Brady, in which case.... duh!, or are you trying to prove Dak is not elite....well duh again. what's the point?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
we know he is not elite and he has to have supporting cast. there is no denying that.
My concern with Dak is still that inability to step up in those critical come from behind last drive moments which most teams are going to have to face if they're going to be winners. That 55 career Rating I mentioned in the Jekyll and Hide thread is a concern, and is something that transverse the 'supporting cast' argument.

bewp7

Reaction score
yes he is

the problem is when u have a bus driver u dont pay them a lot and u use the money to surrond them with a ton of talent on both side of the ball

u pay a franchise qb to elevate every one else, u pay a bus driver much less because they have to be the one elvated

that is the problem with dak and his contract he is a guy who have to be elevated b ut he is getting paid to elevate it is a bad way to do it lol

12+88=7

Reaction score
Lol, talking about people not having logic.

Dak is going to get an extension, it is an invevitability.
If Dallas doesn't win a championship in the next couple of years the team will explore other options at QB.

If Dallas finds that option, it won't matter how many years are left on the deal. Prescott's contract will not protect him. Dallas will take the hit and move on.

817Gill

Reaction score
@DandyDon52

Don't listen to @817Gill , @Mac_MaloneV1 and several other fellow Dak supporters. They mean well and are standing up for Dak, but they are absolutely wrong. Everyone here knows there is no bigger Dak supporter than me, but Dak should have thrown it to a wide open Dalton Schultz for what should have been an easy 41 yard passing TD for the reason I explained up above. ^^^^
You’re offering no analysis though, you’re just saying he should’ve thrown it.

We are clearly saying there’s a safety on an in breaking route on a blitz lol. Three clear and obvious reasons why you wouldn’t throw that ball.

It’s not even a Dak defense, it’s just in the name of football logic. No QB would throw an in breaking route the ball with a S yards away during a blitz. You throw hot into the zone vacated which is what happened. Just QB 101.

You’re watching from a birds eye view the perspective is way different and timing is not the same. What he did was textbook, that’s why it’s being used in a thread illustrating so.

Last edited:

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
If Dallas doesn't win a championship in the next couple of years the team will explore other options at QB.

If Dallas finds that option, it won't matter how many years are left on the deal. Prescott's contract will not protect him. Dallas will take the hit and move on.
Well yea if you're just going to use unquantifiable platitudes then sure, every quarterback might be let go in the next couple of years.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
You’re offering no analysis though, you’re just saying he should’ve thrown it.

We are clearly saying there’s a safety on an in breaking route on a blitz lol. Three clear and obvious reasons why you wouldn’t throw that ball.

It’s not even a Dak defense, it’s just in the name of football logic. No QB would throw an in breaking route the ball with a S yards away during a blitz. You throw hot into the zone vacated which is what happened. Just QB 101.
The funny thing if that someone was to say "the safety looks flat footed and a ball thrown to the goal post would be there" I might agree. But that's a far cry from "86 was wide open"

817Gill

Reaction score
The funny thing if that someone was to say "the safety looks flat footed and a ball thrown to the goal post would be there" I might agree. But that's a far cry from "86 was wide open"
Yeah the throw would have to come due to something like that, position wise dude was where he needed to be.

You’re asking Dak to make a more difficult throw for a higher risk and reward. Which is precisely the thing he got crucified for lol.

He made the pass that’s supposed to be made as opposed to the riskier one that could’ve resulted in trouble.

But yeah, being wide open isn’t only based on how many yards until the closest defender. It also has to take in account depth of target and time of air travel for the ball. If you’re 10 yards in space but 40 yards away the defender 10 yards out won’t have any issue getting to you as the ball does. Just as someone with 3 yards of separation on the goal line is considered wide open.

12+88=7

Reaction score
Well yea if you're just going to use unquantifiable platitudes then sure, every quarterback might be let go in the next couple of years.
It's win or go home. Is that quantifiable enough.

The conversation is about Dallas, not any other team. Stop deflecting.

Always trying to change the narrative to involve other teams or players.

That's the situation Prescott is in, win or else.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
It's win or go home. Is that quantifiable enough.

The conversation is about Dallas, not any other team. Stop deflecting.

Always trying to change the narrative to involve other teams or players.

That's the situation Prescott is in, win or else.
Win what? In how long? No, it's not quantifiable. It's jibberish.

It's not changing the narrative, it's adding context to show how ridiculous some of the commentary is.

CCBoy

Reaction score
My concern with Dak is still that inability to step up in those critical come from behind last drive moments which most teams are going to have to face if they're going to be winners. That 55 career Rating I mentioned in the Jekyll and Hide thread is a concern, and is something that transverse the 'supporting cast' argument.
He's an American player in the State of Texas playing for the Dallas Cowboys! :thumbup:

A lot of eventually great quarterbacks have confronted the same picture before Prescott.

He now just needs to seize his own place in the sun and Glory again.:starspin:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

During Jerry Jones' stranglehold on general managership, 'next couple of years' has been relative and 'exploring' would be unique. Troy Aikman helped lead the team to a Super Bowl XXX victory. Couple of years = six years when he retired from suffering too many concussions. Jones explored and found Quincy Carter only after Aikman retirement.

Tony Romo led teams never won a championship during his ten season stretch (non consecutive due to injuries). Jones seriously explored neither Stephen McGhee nor Dak Prescott as his successor. Romo's preseason injury provide Prescott with his opportunity to start and Jones put his full support behind his new franchise quarterback midway through the 2016 season. Couple of years = circumstance.

It is currently the Dak Prescott era. Seven seasons. Jones has made zero serious draft selections as Prescott successor. The hypothetical length of Prescott's next extension is way up in the air. Just not sure, based on Jones' history, that a 'couple of years' with the team not winning a championship actually translates as a 'couple of years'. However, circumstances, similar to what happened to Aikman or Romo, might either prompt Jones into being proactive or be graced with luck. A couple of years and/or exploring other options might be taken out of Jones' hands again if history repeated itself.