CFZ Dak is Good Enough to Drive the Bus

CCBoy

Reaction score
During Jerry Jones' stranglehold on general managership, 'next couple of years' has been relative and 'exploring' would be unique. Troy Aikman helped lead the team to a Super Bowl XXX victory. Couple of years = six years when he retired from suffering too many concussions. Jones explored and found Quincy Carter only after Aikman retirement.

Tony Romo led teams never won a championship during his ten season stretch (non consecutive due to injuries). Jones seriously explored neither Stephen McGhee nor Dak Prescott as his successor. Romo's preseason injury provide Prescott with his opportunity to start and Jones put his full support behind his new franchise quarterback midway through the 2016 season. Couple of years = circumstance.

It is currently the Dak Prescott era. Seven seasons. Jones has made zero serious draft selections as Prescott successor. The hypothetical length of Prescott's next extension is way up in the air. Just not sure, based on Jones' history, that a 'couple of years' with the team not winning a championship actually translates as a 'couple of years'. However, circumstances, similar to what happened to Aikman or Romo, might either prompt Jones into being proactive or be graced with luck. A couple of years and/or exploring other options might be taken out of Jones' hands again if history repeated itself.
Can't get enough Sugar Crisps to keep me going strong...let's just get the job of intense football for an entire season and get the proverbial knife out Prescott's back! :popcorn: :starspin:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
My concern with Dak is still that inability to step up in those critical come from behind last drive moments which most teams are going to have to face if they're going to be winners. That 55 career Rating I mentioned in the Jekyll and Hide thread is a concern, and is something that transverse the 'supporting cast' argument.
but that's the very definition of not-elite. outside of the top 3, all the others have similar issues and need a strong supporting cast. pounding on that, again is pounding why is he not elite. its a circular argument and response on your part. again, all non-elite QBs will have that in some form or other. I mean everyone is gushing over Jalen Hurts, put him in the top 3, yet he had the best OL in football. top 3 WR group. top 5 TE and a top 3 defense and a top 3 running game to support him, to minimize the inability to step up and help him to step up. take half of those away and you get an average QB that can't get over the hump, because they are not elite.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Ever developed a soldier with good and sound leadership?
Just for 20 years, so excuse you for thinking you know otherwise. Btw, you can't manage men into battle but you can dang sure lead them there.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Just for 20 years, so excuse you for thinking you know otherwise. Btw, you can't manage men into battle but you can dang sure lead them there.
23 here. 19 as an NCO. I know that you were trained and went to schools as well, to develop leadership qualities.

I never assumed anything concerning your past. Assume makes an arse out of you and me as that goes down. Oh, and there is management as all the needs of your men as well as tactical advantages have to be managed.

Be where you are supposed to be; when you are supposed to be there; with what you are supposed to have. The same applies to coaching a football team.

In armed conflicts, if you were early, late, or not where you were supposed to be...someone paid the price. Motivation!

By the way, you think that Dak deserves the blame for not accomplishing Mission? I didn't stutter on the leadership requirement for all team effectiveness...

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
A bus driver might be good enough to win the NFC but it isn't to win a SB. And he's going to have to put 3 good games together to get there.
Even as a bus driver, there will be key points in a game where the QB has to make plays on his own or lay that perfect pass. Dak has lacked in that regard. So even as a bus driver, he has failed miserably. He has imploded under the playoff pressure.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Even as a bus driver, there will be key points in a game where the QB has to make plays on his own or lay that perfect pass. Dak has lacked in that regard. So even as a bus driver, he has failed miserably. He has imploded under the playoff pressure.
A good defense makes great QB's look ordinary. What then does a good defense do to a bus driver?

GINeric

Reaction score
Logic doesn't apply to you Prescott crazies.

I've been around since Dandy Don and have have seen QBs come and go. When Prescott leaves I will root for the next one.

Prescott's time is running out. As soon as Dallas can get out from his contract they will move on. That's just the way it works. It has nothing to do with your precious Prescott.

Well Prescott just happens to be the starting quarterback of my favorite team. So yeah, I root for him to do well. I rooted for Roger Staubach, to Troy Aikman, to Quincy Carter and everyone else that became a Dallas Cowboys quarterback, you know why???

Because I love the Dallas Cowboys and support all of hits players, coaches, cheerleaders, and beer and pretzel employees.

But I like how you switched up without answering the question I presented to you. This is the typical cowardly behavior that happens when I bring out actual production by Dak that can been seen on record when searched.

What I presented is not feelings, it's not a hunch, it's not an opinion.... its ACTUAL FACTS and people like you quickly skate around answering a direct, clear cut question by responding with something that had ZERO to do with the question......

I can predict your goal post moving or dodging responses as sure as I can predict it will snow in Colorado.

GINeric

Reaction score
More excuses for not winning. He needs to put together 3 or 4 good playoff performances in a row. Take the team on his back against a good defense. That's the only way we're going to win a SB with Dak. Beating up bad teams in the regular season isn't going to cut it. He's going into his 8th season. It's time for him to step up. Anything else is just excuses.

So are you going on record saying Dak has never won a game in his career vs a good defense? You're saying Dak NEVER won a game vs a defense ranked in the top 10, top 5?

I'm willing to take this bet and the loser of the bet has to ban themselves from this board for a solid calendar year. Do we have a deal?

GINeric

Reaction score
and you are comparing Dak to Brady, why? or are you just pointing out that Dak is not Brady, in which case.... duh!, or are you trying to prove Dak is not elite....well duh again. what's the point?

First of all, Brady is the GOAT and Dak isn't even elite yet, but I love how you skipped over the point I was making about the AFCE being historically bad for 20 years while Brady was there and benefited from.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
First of all, Brady is the GOAT and Dak isn't even elite yet, but I love how you skipped over the point I was making about the AFCE being historically bad for 20 years while Brady was there and benefited from.
it doesn't matter if AFCE was bad (which it wasn't bad for 20 years), but then you get to playoffs and you have to win in the playoffs and beat good teams, which they did. you play whomever is on your schedule. its not in your control.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
So are you going on record saying Dak has never won a game in his career vs a good defense? You're saying Dak NEVER won a game vs a defense ranked in the top 10, top 5?

I'm willing to take this bet and the loser of the bet has to ban themselves from this board for a solid calendar year. Do we have a deal?
I don't care. Show me were he did it in a playoff game. You know where the pressure is more real. Better yet show me where he did it consistently. He sucked in those last 2 49er games. He absolutely sucked. The same as Romo. Good in the regular season and awful in the post season. We'll more than likely be debating this a year from now. Debating if he's a top 10 QB or not while real great QBs play in championship games.

GINeric

Reaction score
it doesn't matter if AFCE was bad (which it wasn't bad for 20 years), but then you get to playoffs and you have to win in the playoffs and beat good teams, which they did. you play whomever is on your schedule. its not in your control.

It also helps to have a great offensive coordinator who's coaching level, play design and situational awareness is on an NFL level and not junior college. Dak never had the opportunity to experience that.

It also helps to have a competent front office. Dak never had the chance to experience that either.

And you're right. You play whoever is on the schedule... thats why I find it hilarious when people try to downplay Dak's winning percentage as a starter in this league.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You’re offering no analysis though, you’re just saying he should’ve thrown it.

We are clearly saying there’s a safety on an in breaking route on a blitz lol. Three clear and obvious reasons why you wouldn’t throw that ball.

It’s not even a Dak defense, it’s just in the name of football logic. No QB would throw an in breaking route the ball with a S yards away during a blitz. You throw hot into the zone vacated which is what happened. Just QB 101.

You’re watching from a birds eye view the perspective is way different and timing is not the same. What he did was textbook, that’s why it’s being used in a thread illustrating so.
Include a screenshot to support your thesis before I do and prove you wrong.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak can drive a bus but the issue is at his pay rate they can't afford a bus that will take him to a SB. He has a chance to change this narrative.

12+88=7

Reaction score
Well Prescott just happens to be the starting quarterback of my favorite team. So yeah, I root for him to do well. I rooted for Roger Staubach, to Troy Aikman, to Quincy Carter and everyone else that became a Dallas Cowboys quarterback, you know why???

Because I love the Dallas Cowboys and support all of hits players, coaches, cheerleaders, and beer and pretzel employees.

But I like how you switched up without answering the question I presented to you. This is the typical cowardly behavior that happens when I bring out actual production by Dak that can been seen on record when searched.

What I presented is not feelings, it's not a hunch, it's not an opinion.... its ACTUAL FACTS and people like you quickly skate around answering a direct, clear cut question by responding with something that had ZERO to do with the question......

I can predict your goal post moving or dodging responses as sure as I can predict it will snow in Colorado.
See if this sinks in.

Going into the 8th year of Prescott being the QB for Dallas nobody cares about stats or awards won. It's about winning a championship. That's what the Dallas franchise deals with every year. Everyone is reminded of the "x" number of years Dallas hasn't won, now at 27.

If Prescott breaks all passing records this year, but Dallas is one and done because the offense couldn't score. Everyone will want Prescott's head on a spike.

That's why earlier I referenced how the regular season means nothing. Dallas and Prescott will be judged in January.

Fair or not, that is the way it is set up.

I further said that after so many failures not even Prescott's contract will spare him from the turk. Dallas will absorb the losses and move on. It's not personal, it's just business.

817Gill

Reaction score
Include a screenshot to support your thesis before I do and prove you wrong.
There’s a video in the initial tweet. Just pause the video at the moment Dak hits his back foot to make a decision at the end of the drop. Look at where the S is and then watch a second or so longer to see Shultz start to bend in/look inside for the ball.

Now I totally get your initial thought. But we have to consider 3 main points here:

•It’s a blitz so QB is looking to throw quicker than usual and standard procedure on a blitz is to go to the hot route often times in the space vacated by the blitz. Wouldn’t make sense for him to look for a longer developing TE skinny post.

•The Safety is basically parallel to Shultz at the point we deem him “open”. Any point before that the FS is then on top of Shultz. Any point after that would be asking QB to hold on to the ball longer during a blitz. If Dak makes the throw on time, the NFL athlete of a FS has a solid to good chance to make a play on the ball.

•Finally, based on where Shultz is looking and bending into, it seems like he’s running a skinny post/in-breaking route at the top. He didn’t look over his outside shoulder as he would had he been expecting a pylon go-ball. With that seemingly the case, throwing the ball inside with the FS in decent position to make his way over is playing with fire.

Like another poster mentioned, the only way this ball gets there clean is if the FS is flat footed or cannot cover the ground an NFL FS is meant to cover. Keep in mind some can close 20 to 30 yards of grass while the ball is in flight, these are world class athletes. For Dak to make that throw, he would’ve had to take multiple risks.

Could it have worked? Sure. But keep in mind he was getting crucified for taking these same risks due to the amount of times those risks resulted in turnovers. Even with a perfect throw, you’d be relying on the FS having his eyes in the wrong place or being flat footed.

QB training on a blitz is to get it out hot to the
vacated area of the field which was done. I sincerely don’t think the original tweeter would have used a clip with such a glaring mistake had the FS not been there. With a little digging you can see why that wasn’t thrown.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
He is indeed good enough to drive the bus. The problem is that the "bus" is poorly built bc the company overspent on the bus driver.
@charron Dak can drive a bus but the issue is at his pay rate they can't afford a bus that will take him to a SB. He has a chance to change this narrative.
They didnt load up on talent the 4 years Dak was on his rookie deal. So that sounds like a front office failure, and not on Dak when he finally got paid.

@charron

Brax

Reaction score
Your hatred is what truly stinks. Even Mike Martz broke down every Dak interception, including the playoffs, and he explained how more than half were not on Dak. You believe you know more than Mike Martz, especially at evaluating pro QBs and pro football? Go ahead. I dare you to say, "yes", so everyone can laugh at you.
:lmao:
If MM thinks Dak is anything more than a average QB then I do know more. I wonder where i said anything about interceptions, I guess you agree on everything else I said since you are defending and deflecting to something I didn’t say . Post some more girlie emoji’s so we can laugh at you some more. I am glad that you finally understand the Dak is Mr choke that’s why he’s called Dakchoka. I give you that not all the interceptions were Daks fault 2 or 3 agree , just glad you agree with the rest of what I said.