CFZ Dak is Good Enough to Drive the Bus

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
There’s a video in the initial tweet. Just pause the video at the moment Dak hits his back foot to make a decision at the end of the drop. Look at where the S is and then watch a second or so longer to see Shultz start to bend in/look inside for the ball.

Now I totally get your initial thought. But we have to consider 3 main points here:

•It’s a blitz so QB is looking to throw quicker than usual and standard procedure on a blitz is to go to the hot route often times in the space vacated by the blitz. Wouldn’t make sense for him to look for a longer developing TE skinny post.

•The Safety is basically parallel to Shultz at the point we deem him “open”. Any point before that the FS is then on top of Shultz. Any point after that would be asking QB to hold on to the ball longer during a blitz. If Dak makes the throw on time, the NFL athlete of a FS has a solid to good chance to make a play on the ball.

•Finally, based on where Shultz is looking and bending into, it seems like he’s running a skinny post/in-breaking route at the top. He didn’t look over his outside shoulder as he would had he been expecting a pylon go-ball. With that seemingly the case, throwing the ball inside with the FS in decent position to make his way over is playing with fire.

Like another poster mentioned, the only way this ball gets there clean is if the FS is flat footed or cannot cover the ground an NFL FS is meant to cover. Keep in mind some can close 20 to 30 yards of grass while the ball is in flight, these are world class athletes. For Dak to make that throw, he would’ve had to take multiple risks.

Could it have worked? Sure. But keep in mind he was getting crucified for taking these same risks due to the amount of times those risks resulted in turnovers. Even with a perfect throw, you’d be relying on the FS having his eyes in the wrong place or being flat footed.

QB training on a blitz is to get it out hot to the
vacated area of the field which was done. I sincerely don’t think the original tweeter would have used a clip with such a glaring mistake had the FS not been there. With a little digging you can see why that wasn’t thrown.
/thread

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
If MM thinks Dak is anything more than a average QB then I do know more. I wonder where i said anything about interceptions, I guess you agree on everything else I said since you are defending and deflecting to something I didn’t say . Post some more girlie emoji’s so we can laugh at you some more. I am glad that you finally understand the Dak is Mr choke that’s why he’s called Dakchoka. I give you that not all the interceptions were Daks fault 2 or 3 agree , just glad you agree with the rest of what I said.
60+ years old calling Dak names, but I'm the problem child by posting "girlie" emojis?

:lmao:

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Well Prescott just happens to be the starting quarterback of my favorite team. So yeah, I root for him to do well.
Nothing wrong with that, however, the "Dak Question" pertains as it's difficult to build a championship team around a Bus Driver that's paid Verstappen money, especially when he has a distinct weakness (clutchability) and it's universally accepted he needs help/weapons.

T-RO

Reaction score
and it's universally accepted Dak needs help/weapons.
I've been inspired to follow more of your posts. You are a gift that keeps on giving.

Aaron Rodgers, not far removed from multiple MVPs...leads the Pack to an 8-9 record in 2022. Green Bay's offense scores nearly 100 points less than the Lions.

What a failure, a QB who needs help/weapons.

:lmao2:

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I've been inspired to follow more of your posts. You are a gift that keeps on giving.
I am honored that a self professed Statistician reads my posts. However, I note you didnt contribute to the 'stat' regarding the stark difference between Dak's "Rating with > 2min to go when trailing" as opposed to the same criteria when leading......indeed I even provided you a comparison to relevant contemporaries (Cousins, Allen and Stafford).

Statistics are meaningless in isolation, try evaluating the data.

T-RO

Reaction score
2022 Points Per Game:

Dak-led Dallas offense........... 32.5...playoffs
Rodgers-led Packer offense.. 21.8...dark room

I guess some Quarterbacks need a lot more “help/weapons” than others

:muttley:

Last edited:

T-RO

Reaction score
The Jets should be clear and firm on day one with Aaron Rodgers:

"You managed 1/3 less than Prescott's per-game offensive point production in 2022. We've got a good defense. Just drive the bus."

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
2022 Points Per Game:

Dak-led Dallas offense........... 32.5...playoffs
Rodgers-led Packer offense.. 21.8...dark room

I guess some Quarterbacks need a lot more “help/weapons” than others

:muttley:
I think a number of us questioned the motivation for your thread on the 2016...it seems apparent that you have a personal gripe against Rodgers.
Rodgers as with every QB has his faults, however, what separates him from Dak is that he could utilize the weapons when he was under the Rookie deal.
He, as with most QB's who are taking a high CAP%, find it difficult to raise their game to compensate for diminishing arsenal around them.

T-RO

Reaction score
you have a personal gripe against Rodgers.

Aaron hogged my darkness retreat center. Want it back.

In all seriousness: I hope Rodgers kills it in NY. Would be an awesome story. And again in full seriousness: the man is no puppet-fool like most everyone these days. Does research and actually thinks. Highly admire it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Again... Brady is the GOAT, no question. But he still played in a historically weak division for 20 years.
Statistically the Patriots with Brady had basically the same winning percentage against the rest of the AFC as their own division.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Dak struggles vs cover 2 robber and 2 man press.

Giants discovered this early in the 2016 season.
Lmao

In the 10 games against the Giants starting in 2017, Dak is 10-0 with a passer rating of 108. Dallas averages 27.9 ppg and has scored 35 or more 5 times.

Could not be any more fugazi.

blueblood70

Reaction score
So are you going on record saying Dak has never won a game in his career vs a good defense? You're saying Dak NEVER won a game vs a defense ranked in the top 10, top 5?

I'm willing to take this bet and the loser of the bet has to ban themselves from this board for a solid calendar year. Do we have a deal?
:cool::thumbup:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Daks NOT bus driver, not even close..Cooper rush is bus driver adjacent and yet he made many mistakes that seem to get pushed under rug when discuss him as being a better fit for this offense LOL :lmao: seen some fans still say IF IF we just pulled dak and let Rush play 9ers, we win that game..

i guess they missed the 3 INT against philly, 2 fumbles against the rams and that sad yard output in that rams game and the 2 ints in the Washington game luckily called back, add in can't score points or move the team on 3rd down but many so called dak hating qb experts think rush , Dalton and others were a Better fit for this team.

right, i should believe you all when Prescott comes in after a season when he was 37tds-10INTs(better then mahomes), has Cooper, ced, jarwin, collins, and cwill removed from his offense and replaced with an injured Gallup and Washington, Tolbert and Noah brown as the 2, a rookie LT, new lg, new RT, breaks his hand comes back and immediately hit the burst button on the remote and takes the team to top 3 in every catrgory but at the same time him trying to make plays and trust those scrubs his INT total goes up without ever taking into account many of which were created by the OL not blocking well IE his jersey being grabbed, arm being hit, balls tipped at the line and a few on the wrs bouncing right off their hands or them running the wrong routes.. Oh than take the run game away and sure its all on Dak.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
This is funny. One doesn't know if Dak can carry the team or be more than a bus driver? What games/seasons have y'all been watching the past 7 seasons?

In 7 seasons played (it's actually 7 seasons in total due to Dak's season ending injury early in 2020, plus missing 5 games with another injury last year in 2022), Dak has passed for over 4k yards TWICE with one season being 98 yards from being a 5k passing season. Dak has passed for over 3k yards in every season except his rookie season (2016) and the early season ending leg injury in 2020. In 2020, Dak only plated for 4.25 games due to his early season ending leg injury, but he was averaging 436 yards passing/game. Do the math. During that 16 game season, Dak would have easily shattered Peyton Manning's NFL record single season record of 5,400 since Dak was on pace to pass for almost 7k yards that season. Yet, all of that is not enough to make some realize Dak is more than a bus driver?
:huh:
Dakota "TOAD HUNTER" Prescot is the ultimate toad hunter in the NFL. He racks up yardage on lousy teams or teams that are so far ahead in the game that they jump into a prevent D and allows the TOAD HUNTER to get his while at the same time the clock is winding down on another lose for the Boys under the direction of the over hyped and overpaid less than mediocre Dakota "TOAD HUNTER" Prescot. If you really want to track something, track the 3 and outs under the TOAD HUNTER. He probably leads the league in at category.

CCBoy

Reaction score

Aaron Rodgers, not far removed from multiple MVPs...leads the Pack to an 8-9 record in 2022. Green Bay's offense scores nearly 100 points less than the Lions.

What a failure, a QB who needs help/weapons.

:lmao2:
Get an invite to a Christmas meal, and just cherish the invitation! :thumbup: