Dak is hurt - ankle boot!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Sounds like something that can be easily reaggravated first couple of training camp practices!
Reportedly there wasn’t a limp when he was walking around in the water. Doesn’t sound like anything serious. With all the time off players get during camp and the fact that he won’t be playing in any preseason games it shouldn’t be much of an issue.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
I was joking.

But I have been shamed off this site for suggesting that Dak wont get on the field without a contract.

Lots of posters claimed thats not how athletes operate...yet I have seen it a bunch during negotiations or lack of negotiations.

Dak's had a bad injury...I dont know why he would step on field without a contract extension. Unprofessional...but I do believe athletes will fake injuries to play less games to lower risk in contract years.

But I will be called crazy for suggesting what I have seen before. But its different with Dak.

shabazz

Reaction score
I was joking.

But I have been shamed off this site for suggesting that Dak wont get on the field without a contract.

Lots of posters claimed thats not how athletes operate...yet I have seen it a bunch during negotiations or lack of negotiations.

Dak's had a bad injury...I dont know why he would step on field without a contract extension. Unprofessional...but I do believe athletes will fake injuries to play less games to lower risk in contract years.

But I will be called crazy for suggesting what I have seen before. But its different with Dak.
One thing I can say for Dak is that I don't see him sitting out.

Unlike some of other players he's been the adult about these things and knows he will get paid even if an injury occurs.

Kirk Cousins just got guaranteed money AFTER his Achilles tear.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I was joking.

Dak has never even hinted he would hold out in 2024, which is why Lamb, who will hold out, is the priority contract right now.

Of course the Cowboys aren't doing anything with Lamb either so I am honestly starting to think they just don't care.

jwitten82

Reaction score
I was joking.

I have no doubt Dak will play this season without a contract, but there's no way he wont play cautious when it comes to the physical part. He'll have no reason to go all out this season if no contract is signed

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
It’s time for Trey Day!!! Let’s goooooo!!!
Being happy over an injury just because you don't like the player is horrible.

And not to ruin your day, but trusted media sources are calling Dak's foot sprain "very minor".

FanofJerry

Reaction score
One thing I can say for Dak is that I don't see him sitting out.

Unlike some of other players he's been the adult about these things and knows he will get paid even if an injury occurs.

Kirk Cousins just got guaranteed money AFTER his Achilles tear.
I get it.

Im not throwing shade at Dak at all...especially when I dont know whats going on here...

But if thats a recent photo...odd timing considering it applies pressure on the Cowboys FO

FanofJerry

Reaction score
I have no doubt Dak will play this season without a contract, but there's no way he wont play cautious when it comes to the physical part. He'll have no reason to go all out this season if no contract is signed
Audible to a run play...ALL SEASON

shabazz

Reaction score
I get it.

Im not throwing shade at Dak at all...especially when I dont know whats going on here...

But if thats a recent photo...odd timing considering it applies pressure on the Cowboys FO
It's a very fair comment on your part. We see players making business decisions like this all the time

Dak has made so much money through endorsements and salary that he can afford to gamble more than others......plus he must have a hefty insurance policy in case of career ending injury as well.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
and you were saying? I thought so
I only questioned when the photo was taken. I never said it wasn’t true but we needed more confirmation than a photo from someone most have never heard of.