Dak is Mr Clutch!

Batman1980

Reaction score
Witten was the best TE in the league in his prime. Dez I won't get into out of respect for his injury. Murray was good when he was here but had inopportune fumbles.

Here's hoping Dak can do it again next weekend and I hope it's on Sunday!

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
Gotta give it to the haters.

They don’t stay down for long.

Less than an hour and a half from a Playoff Victory and they’re already nit picking every single play - conveniently overlooking all the great plays.

Perhaps the Cowboys should’ve drafted Deshaun Watson. I mean, he’s a first round pick.

Trust me, they would hate Deshaun Watson too.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
ALL HE DOES IS WIN FOOTBALL GAMES

It’s not pretty

It’s not efficient

It’s not ideal

But when it comes nut up winning time, dude is a STONE COLD KILLER

Winning time is from kickoff in the 1st to the last play in the 4th (or OT). He needs to play much better for entire games. Thankfully, this D has been allowing the team to survive with such a lack of consistent productive play from the QB position.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
One of these days, people will wake up and meet Dak. The guy who just get's it done. He cares not how he does it, he just does it. He reminds me of that USA team that went and beat Russia in hockey, and they made a movie about it. Dak Prescott is a FREAKING WINNER.

NickZepp

Reaction score
:facepalm:

Terrell Owens and Dez in his prime weren’t top 10 receivers?

Jason Witten in his prime wasn’t an elite weapon?

I’ll give you Zeke.

Although Romo did have Murray for that one magical season.

Let’s stop with the Romo didn’t have weapons nonsense.
Marion Barber was great for about 3.5 years. Romo was great. Romo's issue was usually the defenses he had weren't that good outside of 2007. 07 was the year he should have won a SB if not in 2014.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Marion Barber for great for about 3.5 years. Romo was great. Romo's issue was usually the defenses he had weren't that good outside of 2007. 07 was the year he should have won a SB if not in 2014.

I loved Romo. He was a very very good QB.

I just hate the revisionist history by some posters that he never had any help. He played on some good teams. He also played on some bad teams....

But there were a few seasons when he was surrounded by a lot of talent. The team just never got over the hump.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Winning time is from kickoff in the 1st to the last play in the 4th (or OT). He needs to play much better for entire games. Thankfully, this D has been allowing the team to survive with such a lack of consistent productive play from the QB position.

I guess what confounds me sometimes is that I don't think expectations are remotely reasonable. Coming into this game, everyone knew it was going to be a low-scoring game. Twenty-something points seemed like the needed destination.

We score 24, while leaving points on the table -- a missed field goal, a negated return TD, and a goal-line INT where PI possibly should have been called.

I agree that we need to punt less, maximize more drives, etc. But had we done that tonight, we would have walked away with something like 38-41 points. Is that really the consensus expectation against a team like the Seahawks?

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Marion Barber was great for about 3.5 years. Romo was great. Romo's issue was usually the defenses he had weren't that good outside of 2007. 07 was the year he should have won a SB if not in 2014.

Yeah, I don't agree at all with the narrative that Romo didn't play with talent. That was a fantastic offensive team that was a dream to watch on Sundays. He literally played with 2 HOF skill position players, 2 separate Pro Bowl running backs, another Pro Bowl wide receiver who is our all-time receiving leader, and a 3rd wideout who had a cup of coffee as a Pro Bowler.

I'll buy the argument that Romo didn't have a defense for 90% of his career. But no offensive talent? No offensive teams better than this one? No way.

Tronner

Reaction score
I'm new here. I wrote out a whole thing and then erased it, but a few observations from a fairly recent Cowboys fan:
Very happy to see the Boys win! Dak is a leader both on the field and in the community, a winner, an incredible role model, and he's only 25 years old. You're lucky to have a person of his character as the leader of your team. It's sad that many in here don't seem to get that.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I guess what confounds me sometimes is that I don't think expectations are remotely reasonable. Coming into this game, everyone knew it was going to be a low-scoring game. Twenty-something points seemed like the needed destination.

We score 24, while leaving points on the table -- a missed field goal, a negated return TD, and a goal-line INT where PI possibly should have been called.

I agree that we need to punt less, maximize more drives, etc. But had we done that tonight, we would have walked away with something like 38-41 points. Is that really the consensus expectation against a team like the Seahawks?

My comments are in regard to QB play. Not overall team performance. But ehat the expectation should be and what opportunity there is, should not be confused. Opportunities were missed quite frequently tonight. Thankfully, not often enough.

BoysWin

Reaction score
Uh...Romo's team in 2007 had a monster defense and he PERSONALLY BOBBLED a fg snap and cost them the game in 2007. He also played on another team that had like 13 pro bowlers and got knocked out first game.
This whole narrative that Romo never had any teams around him is total bull****.

Romo bobbled a ball that was polished in wax. And do you dare comment on Romo’s Defense for the remainder of his career or pathetic OL?

JGRXXN

Reaction score
Don't expect the well-known attention seekers to give him any credit. They are lurking in the shadows and will seek attention any moment now.

8CSxxYyL_o.jpg
I like how you flipped that sig lol Go Dak

BoysWin

Reaction score
But Romo had a number 2 overall defense and some could say just as many if not more weapons than Dak.

Football is a team sport. This is not wrestling or even Basketball. QB’s are not Pitchers. Staubach Aikman Meredith Romo White. DAK is still playing

BoysWin

Reaction score
Romo had several pro bowlers surrounding him throughout his career. He is Danny White's alter ego and nothing more.

Agreed. Jerry failed all of us fans players and coaches 1997-present and 2019 is unfinished

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Football is a team sport. This is not wrestling or even Basketball. QB’s are not Pitchers. Staubach Aikman Meredith Romo White. DAK is still playing
Perhaps you should explain that to the ones saying Romo didn't get it done because he didn't have a team. The entire point of what I wrote was that he did have a team and it's pointless to try and make excuses.