Dak is not a Franchise QB

uvaballa

Reaction score
Point was, most starting QB’s in the league are just better or have a higher ceiling than Dak and that sucks for us cowboys fans.
That is all.
Cowboys had a "franchise" QB for many years. Did the Cowboys do anything meaningful during that time? The QB was criticized by the media and fans about as much as Dak. It doesn't really matter who the QB is (except Brady, Rodgers, Brees, etc) you fans will always complain.

Fans want a "franchise" QB more than they want an elite defense or great running game. Franchise QB means nothing to me. I'm also a fan that's not tied to any player. I was fine when they moved on from Romo and i'll be fine if they move on from Dak.

blumayne38

Reaction score
I dont think Romo ever had a accuracy issues . Most of the bad plays that Romo made were because of stretching the play, and also very importantly he was able to keep his eyes downfield always. Dak on the other hand was and is not anything like Romo when it comes to throwing. Romo he was something else man he proved year in and year out that him a undrafted FA could win the starting job and lead the Dallas cowboys. The effect that had on players on the team was I never had a feeeling that we couldn't come back from a deficit. Sometimes now i cant stand to watch the offense and that's with my fav player now zeke. This team its fans and young players dont deserve this.
I think he is only a sophomore and needs another year to be eligible. I don't think he has been out of high school for 3 years.
didnt know that you had to be out of high school for 3 years to be eligable. Didn't they win a championship last year plus this year he is 20 so by the time next year rolls around he would be 21 and 2 years of college ball. Idk I wouldn't know crap about that stuff... but a man can dream

blumayne38

Reaction score
Ok he did well against stacked boxes with the BEST oline in the league.

Did Zeke excel on first down last season, b/c I don't really care what he did two years ago. He didn't see a ton of stacked boxes against the Panthers so why didn't he do more? He's a top 5 pick so I expect him to excel just about every game.
lol Zeke made the offense watchable if anything. Ill take that

cwbyfn88

Reaction score
Overreaction Monday for everyone huh? It's one game. Against a tough defense with a terrible coaching staff. Let's hold off on writing everyone off with just one game in the books. We can revisit this on week three.

Coy

Reaction score
Cowboys had a "franchise" QB for many years. Did the Cowboys do anything meaningful during that time? The QB was criticized by the media and fans about as much as Dak. It doesn't really matter who the QB is (except Brady, Rodgers, Brees, etc) you fans will always complain.

Fans want a "franchise" QB more than they want an elite defense or great running game. Franchise QB means nothing to me. I'm also a fan that's not tied to any player. I was fine when they moved on from Romo and i'll be fine if they move on from Dak.

Ok then, we didn’t win a SB with Romo but at least we always had a chance, we just never had a complete team and of course a horrible HC,
Having one of the worst QB’s in the NFL matters, but hey, not to you, but to each his own I guess.

P.s. this is not pro Romo, He’s gone, this is what it is, Dak sucks.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Overreaction Monday for everyone huh? It's one game. Against a tough defense with a terrible coaching staff. Let's hold off on writing everyone off with just one game in the books. We can revisit this on week three.

Arguably the best post in this thread.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I dont think Romo ever had a accuracy issues . Most of the bad plays that Romo made were because of stretching the play, and also very importantly he was able to keep his eyes downfield always. Dak on the other hand was and is not anything like Romo when it comes to throwing. Romo he was something else man he proved year in and year out that him a undrafted FA could win the starting job and lead the Dallas cowboys. The effect that had on players on the team was I never had a feeeling that we couldn't come back from a deficit. Sometimes now i cant stand to watch the offense and that's with my fav player now zeke. This team its fans and young players dont deserve this.

didnt know that you had to be out of high school for 3 years to be eligable. Didn't they win a championship last year plus this year he is 20 so by the time next year rolls around he would be 21 and 2 years of college ball. Idk I wouldn't know crap about that stuff... but a man can dream
I think you have to be out of high school for 3 years in order to be eligible

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Not one game.

Last 3 games we've averaged less than 9 points. Back half of last season was horrible. All of offseason to improve, and we *continue* exactly as before.

If they couldn't fix things with an entire offseason, why do you think they can fix them in a week?

JustChip

Reaction score
I agree with this. We have our version of RG3 A one year wonder

You could be right. There are certainly similarities; however, Dak is an infinitely better leader, or at least has been heretofore. But that only goes so far.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Have to remember, Dak never threw to Hurns, Thompson, Austin or Gallup before this summer. He didn't have any trouble finding Beasley this last game, found Swaim three times. And the line is not as good as 2016.

That's a terrible excuse. If it was Romo, it wouldn't matter who the receiver was, he would make it work. I'm not giving up on Dak, yet, I hope he can pull it together. 1 game is a knee jerk reaction to call for the chopping block. But well lets stop with the excuses. I mean I hate hearing the new catch phrase "scheme" around here and Dak having all new receivers. Well He had less time to prepare in 2016 when romo got most of the snaps. One of Daks traits in 2016 was his confidence, and right now I don't know if he has it. The cowboys need to fasten up the pace of the game for Dak as some has mentioned, and I guess that is part of the "scheme" thing, but well no amount of scheme will help if he doesn't throw the occasional deep ball and the other team plays 2/3 of the field and takes away the run. I don't know what kind of scheme gets rid of an unfair playing field that comes with the 2/3 a field problem.

uvaballa

Reaction score
Ok then, we didn’t win a SB with Romo but at least we always had a chance, we just never had a complete team and of course a horrible HC,
Having one of the worst QB’s in the NFL matters, but hey, not to you, but to each his own I guess.

P.s. this is not pro Romo, He’s gone, this is what it is, Dak sucks.
Barely won a playoff game. I'm saying having a franchise QB doesn't guarantee you anything. I'd rather spend money on a top D. Yes it may have been more exciting but losing is losing. Last two years the Cowboys haven't had a losing record so to me things haven't really been worse, more of the same.

Different QB but basically the same results. Maybe that means it's something else that's the main problem. This is what I've been trying to convey.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
I’m not ready to say this 1 game into the season. However, I think we’ll all know for sure by week 8. This is a make or break year for Dak, no doubt about it...