Dak is not good against good teams

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
He gets paid 40 mill. If all of that resource is allocated to one guy he better be carrying this team. If he's not then we have to find another guy. Nothing on Dak specifically, that's just the way the league is set up now.

Man i get the premise...the fact is we have alot of top paid guys at positions. We need them all to play at a top level to win one. its a dead horse but even the KC QB needs others to win one...its just a fact of the team sport they play. Ther will be 5 QB's playing with top money this year 4 will need to find new teams with this logic.

ondaedg

Reaction score
The defense hasn’t been forcing enough turnovers. That’s the bigger issue.

I do find it’s interesting that when Dak did have a top 10 defense. They were a few plays away from an NFC title game.

Also the team got bounced by the Rams in the playoffs because that same defense then gave up 300 yards rushing.

Yep and our defenses were always overrated because they couldn’t force a punt in critical situations and were absolutely horrendous/awful/pathetic/etc at getting a takeaway. And the NFC East offenses were usually below average too. Anytime someone says one of the more recent D’s was good I chuckle then roll my eyes.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
He gets paid 40 mill. If all of that resource is allocated to one guy he better be carrying this team. If he's not then we have to find another guy. Nothing on Dak specifically, that's just the way the league is set up now.

Really? So I guess that means KC losing last year was all on Mahomes. I mean he gets paid a lot of money so he should carry that team every single week.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Well, he won a SB, so he is worth the money, Dak not so much so far.
He'd have one too if the rolls were reversed. Mahomes wouldn't do squat under Garrett. Reid just topped Belichick in the NFL's top notch HC.

Nexx

Reaction score
Really? So I guess that means KC losing last year was all on Mahomes. I mean he gets paid a lot of money so he should carry that team every single week.

He’s already won a super bowl for them. He can lose for the rest of his career and he would have earned every penny of his contract

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I know it's not just his fault but Dak's record against winning teams the past 3 years is not good.
He's 5-13 the past 3 seasons.
He threw for a lot of garbage stats in many of the losses and hasn't performed at a top level.
For a 4th round pick, he was given a lot of deference.
But now, he's compensated as a Top level QB and he is expected to perform as such and find a way to overcome deficiencies outside of his control.
The Top QB's tend to "find a way" and that's what will be expected of Dak.
I hope he can deliver.

Why was Dak good against good teams his rookie year?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
He’s already won a super bowl for them. He can lose for the rest of his career and he would have earned every penny of his contract

Mahomes is one 10 minute stretch against the 49ers from being called the Jim Kelly of this era. He has had 7 and a half quarters playing like crap and one magical late game stretch without which people would be killing him as a choke artist.

Last edited:

lk8701

Reaction score
Mahomes is one 10 minute stretch against the 49ers from being call the Jim Kelly of this era. He has had 7 and a half quarters playing like crap and one magical late game stretch without which people would be killing him as a choke artist.

So he was clutch when it mattered the most. Also he had no chance in last year's Super Bowl. The Chief's o-line was decimated with injuries. No QB in NFL history would have won with that protection.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
People forget that 2016 team was built for tony romo....after long hard years of fail.....brought us a 2016 team even a mid round rookie could win with.

And we never gave it back to the guy we built it for. Out of...superstition? What the.....

But it's over and done with.....forget last year and the year before and even 2016. Dak just has to give the ball to these other guys......let them do their thing and we win.
Was not built for Romo , It was built for the future. Jason said I’m going to start with the offense of line like Jimmy did. Tony had so much throughout his career. We traded so many first round draft picks to get him players. If the second season wasn’t in turmoil along with third. Who knows we could’ve been. I Hold the franchise Responsible for everything

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Mahomes is one 10 minute stretch against the 49ers from being call the Jim Kelly of this era. He has had 7 and a half quarters playing like crap and one magical late game stretch without which people would be killing him as a choke artist.
That’s exactly what Terry Bradshaw and I said.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
So he was clutch when it mattered the most. Also he had no chance in last year's Super Bowl. The Chief's o-line was decimated with injuries. No QB in NFL history would have won with that protection.

Actually I disagree with your last statement.. I believe Mahomes himself could have won had he not been playing with a dislocated big toe. The Bucs had a hard time corralling him even hopping around on one foot.. I think a healthy Mahomes runs around all day buying time for his guys to get open or simply taking matters into his own hands and running for first downs. Healthy is he a better athlete than anybody on the Bucs d-line and he would have run them till their tongues hung out.. The other problem was Andy Reid not adapting the approach once it became apparent that they could not block that front.. The play calling did not change much if at all as the game went along. When the Bucs doubled Hill and Kelce the Chiefs needed to go elsewhere with the ball.. but they really didn't .. I suppose you could blame Mahomes for some of that but I put most of it on Reid.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Actually I disagree with your last statement.. I believe Mahomes himself could have won had he not been playing with a dislocated big toe. The Bucs had a hard time corralling him even hopping around on one foot.. I think a healthy Mahomes runs around all day buying time for his guys to get open or simply taking matters into his own hands and running for first downs. Healthy is he a better athlete than anybody on the Bucs d-line and he would have run them till their tongues hung out.. The other problem was Andy Reid not adapting the approach once it became apparent that they could not block that front.. The play calling did not change much if at all as the game went along. When the Bucs doubled Hill and Kelce the Chiefs needed to go elsewhere with the ball.. but they really didn't .. I suppose you could blame Mahomes for some of that but I put most of it on Reid.
Mahomes ran around the entire game never looked like he was Ever in any pain. I think it’s toe was numb. He had a bad game. He missed wide open receivers on the through overthrew. Yes a few balls were dropped. But they pressured him. And that’s why won that game

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

Thats the point, your QB can in fact play good and the team lose...because its the ultimate team game...A really good KC team won a SB and a really good KC team lost one when some players went down...no QB is winning one by himself.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Deal with it. He is our QB for the future. Heard this stuff about Romo for years. Dak comes along and everyone wished we had Romo or glad we have Dak. Not much of a in between. Lol. Let’s just root on our Cowboys. A new season. Last one wasn’t that great for a few reasons. One was that Dak went down.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Thats the point, your QB can in fact play good and the team lose...because its the ultimate team game...A really good KC team won a SB and a really good KC team lost one when some players went down...no QB is winning one by himself.
I actually think San Francisco lost that game. They changed the game plan. They gave Mahomes time for hail Mary’s