Dak is not the answer

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
without dynamic running game Dak mind just looks scrambled. I started noticing it in Denver game when his passes were sailing on WR on sideline throws. We never saw that last year. Then we start seeing throws hitting the turf or again sailing too high. Some of this is on WR who look average but alot of this is the game is looking too big for Dak at moment. Its now to point that Dak doesn't do so many things well (like throwing deep ball to Dez or throwing from pocket) that Dallas has to create these tight narrowed passing schemes (rolling out of pocket) for Dak to have any success. I don't see sustainability in that unless Dak experiences growth spurt in his processing.

There's a lot of truth here, but the game isn't too big for him. We saw him almost rally the Cowboys back against the Packers in the playoffs last year.

Maybe the problem is this offensive scheme is too reliant on a dynamic running game. Without it, Dak looks bad because these coaches can't call plays that aren't complemented by a strong ground game.

I agree Dak has to be better, but the playcalling needs more imagination, more diversity, etc..

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
I see the usual suspects crawled out of their shanties with a rotten bag of peanuts to throw at Dak.

I am so convinced that it is the environment, GM, and our coaching that if you put Brady or Rogers, we will have similar results, probably closer to Romo
Bingo. Our offense is so heavily reliant on running the ball/play action that if it actually has to get propped-up by Garrett's antiquated passing scheme, even Aaron Rodgers would be lucky to squeak out 8 wins. It's an indictment of Garrett's influence over the past 10 years, if nothing else.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Fans do it because the NFL isn't as black and white as you want it to be. The critique of Dak is he overthrew Beasley. To imply that overthrows don't happen. Every single qb in this league has bad overthrows. Wentz gave you a bunch of them last night.

So you can be concerned with the QB of your team. Fair enough. But us fans who actually watch other teams and watch the NFL shouldn't have to sit through your drivel and buffoonery. That's all i'm saying.
More excuses

You deserve the results the team has provided over the past 22 years.

And if wasnt just the Beasley overthrow. He was inaccurate ALL game

Kalyan

Reaction score
Also, they make offense and defense is so complicated for rookies to learn and takes players 3 years to make any meaningful contributions, but opposing teams can decipher what we are doing over a tea break

pitt33

Reaction score

One pass in 25 games.

One.

Look, the fact of the matter is Dak has regressed and there are several factors involved. I don’t need to list them. We all know what they are.

He was a projected 4th round pick. A backup in this league was his ceiling. This is according to scouts. They nailed his report if you ask me.

Dak is what he is. He is not a franchise QB right now. He may never be. Right now he is really struggling when asked to carry the load. He needs a lot around him. A lot.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
More excuses

You deserve the results the team has provided over the past 22 years.

And if wasnt just the Beasley overthrow. He was inaccurate ALL game

Look at the definition of "explanation" and "excuses". You are confusing them.

You too deserve the result if you don't understand why the result is happening. I know Jerry is the problem. I don't sit here and use players as scapegoats. How many players are going to have to come through here for you guys to see what the problem is? How many players and coaches? People used Romo as a scapegoat...he's gone now. People used Demarcus Ware as a scapegoat.....he's gone and got a ring with another team. So you guys can sit here and blame Zeke's suspension....Dak's over throws.....Jeff Heath, Dez or whoever you want to use as a scapegoat. There's one man responsible for this though and he's not on the 53 man roster and he isn't a coach on the sidelines.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Look at the definition of "explanation" and "excuses". You are confusing them.

You too deserve the result if you don't understand why the result is happening. I know Jerry is the problem. I don't sit here and use players as scapegoats. How many players are going to have to come through here for you guys to see what the problem is? How many players and coaches? People used Romo as a scapegoat...he's gone now. People used Demarcus Ware as a scapegoat.....he's gone and got a ring with another team. So you guys can sit here and blame Zeke's suspension....Dak's over throws.....Jeff Heath, Dez or whoever you want to use as a scapegoat. There's one man responsible for this though and he's not on the 53 man roster and he isn't a coach on the sidelines.
Jerry is a big problem, but that doesnt absolve the QB like many of you homers do game in/out. Jerry aint the one out there making poor reads, poor throws, poor decisions, poor pocket awareness, and poor mechanics.

Section446

Reaction score
Nope, it's been obvious since week one, we'll be looking for a new QB in the next two years. He's Tim Tebow in a better situation.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Jerry is a big problem, but that doesnt absolve the QB like many of you homers do game in/out. Jerry aint the one out there making poor reads, poor throws, poor decisions, poor pocket awareness, and poor mechanics.

Jesus..............so okay how did Dak get on the Cowboys? Who are the coaches helping him with his development? Who hired those guys? Who hired the guy who drafted him? Who's responsible for this culture here?

stiletto

Reaction score
LOL @ this thread. Offensive Rookie of the Year last year, couple bad games with missing key starters, let's throw him out ASAP. hahaha! Got my laugh for the day.

HungryLion

Reaction score
One pass in 25 games.

One.

Look, the fact of the matter is Dak has regressed and there are several factors involved. I don’t need to list them. We all know what they are.

He was a projected 4th round pick. A backup in this league was his ceiling. This is according to scouts. They nailed his report if you ask me.

Dak is what he is. He is not a franchise QB right now. He may never be. Right now he is really struggling when asked to carry the load. He needs a lot around him. A lot.

You’re either blind or have a crappy memory if you think it’s been only 1 in 25 games.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
It's the 2018 season opener, Dink and Dak drops back to pass....

tumblr_m2ieztzUW51r2l739o1_400.gif

Cowboyszone: WHY DIDN'T DEZ CATCH THAT?

shabazz

Reaction score
Look, it would have been great to have a 4th rounder be our next franchise QB but it’s not even debatable this guy isn’t the answer

Time to put Cooper Rush in and see if he’s can throw any better than Dak.

The season is over so let’s see what our options are at Qb. FWIW I think he performed beautifully in his Chunky Soup commercial so there’s always that

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Look, it would have been great to have a 4th rounder be our next franchise QB but it’s not even debatable this guy isn’t the answer

Time to put Cooper Rush in and see if he’s can throw any better than Dak.

The season is over so let’s see what our options are at Qb. FWIW I think he performed beautifully in his Chunky Soup commercial so there’s always that

I will listen to an argument that Dak is flawed but to claim that Cooper Rush should go in is simply nuts

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Dak had the equivalent of battered victim syndrome (excuse the crude analogy but I can't think of a better one) from the whooping he took last week thanks to Chaz Green. Almost all of his terrible throws last night were because he didn't trust that he had more than two or three seconds to get the ball out. Almost all of his bad throws were when his back was to the LT and who the LT was blocking, especially that high throw to Beasley. I'm not saying that justifies his poor play but it's something I think he will adjust to, and hopefully won't have to if Tyron is back for the rest of the season starting Thursday.

Dak exceeded so many expectations last year because of his work ethic and his constant grind. Every game he was better than anyone thought he could be. The second half of the Green Bay playoff game showed me Dak has the potential to be an elite QB. Any talk of him not being the franchise QB after 2 bad games is just asinine. That said, I think he got a bit of a big head after last season going into this offseason and this season with all of the commercials, endorsements, etc. I think this will humble him and he will spend this entire offseason grinding and getting on a whole new level. He is not having a sophomore slump like RG3 or Foles. Teams are built a certain way and the injuries, poor coaching, and ineffective wide receivers have decimated this particular team. If Dak has proven anything it is that he can adapt and overcome. He may need another off-season, but I have little doubt he can be elite by this time next season. Remember the beginning of last year when everyone thought Brady had finally fallen off based on 3 or 4 games?
i never question Tom Brady. He's the goat...but I agree with most of your post sir!

V3ldWYX.jpg

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
This is what happens when you put a young QB with Wade Wilson. The first year wasn't enough time for Wade to ruin him, it took him into his second year to really dismantle his mechanics and ruin his psyche.
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

But you might get right.....

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Prescott will need some time to fully develop. This is only his second year!!! It's premature to right him off just yet after a couple of bad games. All QB's have bad games and are dependent on others doing their jobs also. Think Brady, for example, can win every game by himself. Take a good look at his OL he is well supported and has the best coaching in the league.
V3ldWYX.jpg

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
That's about it. Toss in Garrett and he might as well retire now. I have no faith in Prescott's development under the present coaching staff.
Absolutely sir.....I have no faith in any player development. I'm scared the dbs will get worse too like brown.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Meh........give him an OC that plays to his strengths and if he fails in that offense I will believe it.

News flash, Dak is not Aikman or Romo folks. He's running their offense though.

And his WR's are lousy. Button hooks! Lol
Oh hell hes definately not an Aikman! That's the bringer of 3 Super Bowls ( should have been 4)
:dance::dance::dance: