Dak Is Only One Divisional Title Away From Romo's Total

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Are you satisfied with Dak or would you like someone who is a little more dynamic as a thrower?
3 winning seasons straight, 2 out of 3 years division champs, rookie of the year, second most wins since being in the league and one of the most durable and clutch QBs in the league........ Yes I'm happy with Dak. Sorry if winning games isn't good enough for you haters

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Best players usually are making the most coin, that would be Romo. TE and LB ain’t cutting it as best player. QB stirs the drink and that is why they are the face of the franchise. All others are bit players.
That's not true at all. QB is the most premium position because they touch the ball every snap on offense. Getting paid the most doesn't mean they are the best player on the team. With Daks new contract he will get paid more then Zeke, who is the better player

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Romo's problem was that in big games, in big moments, he froze. When there was no pressure, you couldn't find a better QB. Playing QB is all about dealing with being a QB. It's not about the big arm, or the accuracy, or the aggressiveness or any of that stuff, it's about the accumulation of all that I mentioned. There have been countless QBs who did not possess a big arm, or supreme accuracy, or scrambling ability, or able to read defenses like a book, and did not make it to the bowl. It takes more than that to make it there.

You look at Philly... Foles is just different than Wentz. He has something that Wentz doesn't have, and that's how he won the Super Bowl. Wentz is the poster boy for how you're supposed to look, big arm, accurate (most times) can read defenses (most times) can scramble and run, but Foles just has IT.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Back in those days 50% called romo a choke artist , and 50% a HOF .

giphy-downsized.gif

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Roger and Troy set the bar high. Romo grabbed the bar and threw it on the floor. If Dak cant surpass Romo’s lack of success, it will be embarrassing.

Challenge goes out to Zeke too. Murrray has one playoff win. Let’s see if Zeke can match that.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Why are people attributing team achievements to individual players?

I'm relieved to see that someone made a much-needed point of that.

It's a common mistake among fans that's unfair to too many players.

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
I hope the teams Dak are on win more than any Dallas teams of the past, because that means we have some great teams! I want to win no matter who is at QB. I do want to see Dak improve because that makes the team better!!
This quote should be engraved and placed on a mantle.:thumbup:

John813

Reaction score
These Romo vs Dak threads are getting downright silly now.

Zero new content, just some low-key and/or obvious trolling to rile up the other side .

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Brad Johnson won more Super Bowls than Dan Marino. Let’s not get too tied up in strange stats and lose sight of the forest through the trees.

Yeah because Romo is clearly Dan Marino even without the SB's.

You guys really need to accept the fact that Romo just never set the bar high his whole time in Dallas.

Even if Dak doesnt, there is soon to be a QB that will come and step all over Romos records sooner than later.

Hell all dak has to do is make it to the NFC championship or SB and he has already accomplished more than Romo.

And that's coming from a guy who has become less of a Dak fan over the last few months.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol I’ll never understand...

It’s like qualifying how good a pitcher is based on wins...makes zero sense.
@Hoofbite makes a good point but I do not think it can be supported with the pitcher analogy. Primarily, pitchers face off one-on-one against opposing players. Each game's accumulated better man (or woman in softball) showdowns contribute directly to the final result every contest. Each confrontation are singular tests of who can beat the other without much help from any teammates--although the catcher is the pitcher's hedge against poorly placed pitches. :p

Pitching is one team sports component most similar to individual sports like golf, tennis, etc., where success or failure can be firmly placed on the shoulders of each athlete. It is unique not only from football but also basketball, hockey, soccer, etc. I do not completely like win/loss records being tied to pitchers too, but the association makes more sense than none.

[Edit] Just thought some more about it. Closers do make the win/loss justification a harder to apply but only when they are needed. :)

Hadenough

Reaction score
Talk about a guy disappearing when it counted. Love me some D-ware but how was he in the playoffs?
I remember that Vikings playoff game when Romo was getting helmets to the lower back and D Ware was grabbing Favre and gently placing him down!