Dak Is Only One Divisional Title Away From Romo's Total

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I really do not care what Romo did or did not do, He does not play for the Cowboys. What I do care about is this team challenging for a title, if that makes Dak critics unhappy to hell with them. Has Dak made his share of mistakes? Yes but no team is making post season by having a lousy QB and Dak has done it now 2 out of his 1st 3 seasons in the NFL. I don't need Dak to carry this team, I need Dak to lead this team to go out and help this team get that title.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
3 winning seasons straight, 2 out of 3 years division champs, rookie of the year, second most wins since being in the league and one of the most durable and clutch QBs in the league........ Yes I'm happy with Dak. Sorry if winning games isn't good enough for you haters
QB winz this, QB winz that, people babbling like fools about something that isn’t even real. Not a single mention of anything that a QB actually does, like throwing the ball. It’s embarrassing to be on the same board with people this clueless about football.

rags747

Reaction score
Yeah because Romo is clearly Dan Marino even without the SB's.

You guys really need to accept the fact that Romo just never set the bar high his whole time in Dallas.

Even if Dak doesnt, there is soon to be a QB that will come and step all over Romos records sooner than later.

Hell all dak has to do is make it to the NFC championship or SB and he has already accomplished more than Romo.

And that's coming from a guy who has become less of a Dak fan over the last few months.
What took you so long to see what others have known since yr 2?

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
@Hoofbite makes a good point but I do not think it can be supported with the pitcher analogy. Primarily, pitchers face off one-on-one against opposing players. Each game's accumulated better man (or woman in softball) showdowns contribute directly to the final result every contest. Each confrontation are singular tests of who can beat the other without much help from any teammates--although the catcher is the pitcher's hedge against poorly placed pitches. :p

Pitching is one team sports component most similar to individual sports like golf, tennis, etc., where success or failure can be firmly placed on the shoulders of each athlete. It is unique not only from football but also basketball, hockey, soccer, etc. I do not completely like win/loss records being tied to pitchers too, but the association makes more sense than none.

[Edit] Just thought some more about it. Closers do make the win/loss justification a harder to apply but only when they are needed. :)
Pitcher wins is a real stat though. What’s funny is that baseball analysis has gotten away from the pitcher win, and while it’s still recorded it’s not really important anymore. We routinely see pitchers win the Cy Young with low win totals who would not have won even 10 years ago. Meanwhile QB winz is not even a real stat (and if it was real it would be an extremely stupid one) but you have some fans acting like they invented it they babble about it so much.
Baseball fans are getting smarter while football fans are getting dumber.

SloMo_Joe

Reaction score
Cowboyroy has been lost for a while now. He got on the Dak bandwagon...for whatever reason. He’ll go so far to tear down other players to prop up Dak now as well.

Sad stuff. It’s football and people get too emotional over people tossing around pigskin to think objectively.
Yep, he is a complete idiot.
Accuses people of doing things they didn't do. Then when he can't back up his claims he will call them names, and immediately put them on ignore like a punk kid hiding behind his mommy's skirt and talking smack.
All because your not talking about Dak as the second coming or something.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pitcher wins is a real stat though. What’s funny is that baseball analysis has gotten away from the pitcher win, and while it’s still recorded it’s not really important anymore. We routinely see pitchers win the Cy Young with low win totals who would not have won even 10 years ago. Meanwhile QB winz is not even a real stat (and if it was real it would be an extremely stupid one) but you have some fans acting like they invented it they babble about it so much.
Baseball has been notoriously thorough recording statistics pertaining to any facet of its game from its conception. Football (or least professional football) has not. For instance, the NFL took decades before acknowledging sacks as worthy recordable data.

I can see an argument for pitchers' win/loss statistic for baseball based upon the sport's recognition from the beginning. Win/loss is an officially recognized, individually accomplished statistic, which grants it 'legitimacy'. I somewhat agree with that premise but not entirely for the reason I gave earlier. Hopefully football should never copy baseball's stance on the statistic and officially apply it to quarterbacks because it would be founded on a much weaker premise in my opinion.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

The pitchers stat is still important. And it still is pivotal in planning team strategies not to mention setting the odds.

Bad teams with a great pitcher increases their opportunity to win that particular day.

It’s not like throwing the same pitcher out there everyday like in football which the QB record is silly. It’s one of those stats this era like win or go home games which is simply created to spin a narrative.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
:D
The pitchers stat is still important. And it still is pivotal in planning team strategies not to mention setting the odds.

Bad teams with a great pitcher increases their opportunity to win that particular day.

It’s not like throwing the same pitcher out there everyday like in football which the QB ecord is silly. It’s one of those stats this era like win or go home games which is simply created to spin a narrative.
I don’t think it is that important really. But at least, if a starting pitcher is credited with a win then I know at minimum the pitcher completed five innings and pitched well enough for *that day*. I mean they could have still been awful and given up 11 runs in those five innings... but their team had 12 so it’s all good :D.
To get an imaginary QB win (or loss) all you have to do is trot out from the sideline and onto the field.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
:D
I don’t think it is that important really. But at least, if a starting pitcher is credited with a win then I know at minimum the pitcher completed five innings and pitched well enough for *that day*. I mean they could have still been awful and given up 11 runs in those five innings... but their team had 12 so it’s all good :D.
To get an imaginary QB win (or loss) all you have to do is trot out from the sideline and onto the field.
We can break it all down with exceptions to suit our argument but like I thought you said initially baseball gets it more right than football and why it’s a credible stat on the most part for baseball.