Video: Dak is Ready

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I was just replying to Ken's post. I wasn't saying I know anyone who say they don't like him...That said, I've seen some posts here that make it easy to believe there are some who just flat out hate the kid.
I know you weren't saying you know anyone who says they don't like him. I was saying in general that that is an online comment that you rarely see people accuse people of offline. I just think that comment itself is disingenuous no matter who ask the question because the question is sooo bogus.

You've most likely saw post that are mainly critical of him as a QB and I feel folks project that to mean more. I haven't saw many that weren't talking about his skills on the field no matter how harsh they were. Maybe pappy has one that's been personal since he gets on Dak a lot but when people say that comment like that's the norm to me it is disingenuous but if you disagree that is cool also. We all see things differently.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I know you weren't saying you know anyone who says they don't like him. I was saying in general that that is an online comment that you rarely see people accuse people of offline. I just think that comment itself is disingenuous no matter who ask the question because the question is sooo bogus.

You've most likely saw post that are mainly critical of him as a QB and I feel folks project that to mean more. I haven't saw many that weren't talking about his skills on the field no matter how harsh they were. Maybe pappy has one that's been personal since he gets on Dak a lot but when people say that comment like that's the norm to me it is disingenuous but if you disagree that is cool also. We all see things differently.
Pappy is definitely the name that came to mind. Lol

HoplessCowboysFan36

Reaction score
Way to make yourself look like a better fan pick me guy. Most wouldn’t be upset if Alex Smith Jr improved he’ll that’s the reason his average behind is talked about all the time. I’m sure dang near everybody would be happy as ever if he greatly improved stop the madness.

Im not questioning people's loyalty to the star. We have all been through a huge drought together has fans, I get the frustration. I really do. I just think some people latch on to their opinions so closely that they are very unwilling to give them up.

renny

Reaction score
Think Garrett and Linehan we're there when Romo was QB and our offense was our strength and unstoppable......you sure its not the carriage but the Horse?
What has Romo won? I didn't see you bad mouthing him!

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
You don't make 2 pro bowls in three years in the NFL if you're not a good QB, if so please explain.
oh listen I am not taking an anti Dak stance with my next comment, please dont see it that way but pro bowls mean absolutely nothing anymore. With one team now exempt from playing and an additional bunch of players opting out of playing the game every season for whatever excuse they find, we know sometimes we end up seeing the 5th, 6th or 7th choice to actually suit up and play. I would use another argument such as his qb rating or won-loss record. Those are very good.

renny

Reaction score
oh listen I am not taking an anti Dak stance with my next comment, please dont see it that way but pro bowls mean absolutely nothing anymore. With one team now exempt from playing and an additional bunch of players opting out of playing the game every season for whatever excuse they find, we know sometimes we end up seeing the 5th, 6th or 7th choice to actually suit up and play. I would use another argument such as his qb rating or won-loss record. Those are very good.
How could a true Cowboys fan bash and want a Cowboys player to fail is mind boggling. I feel that it is personal and has nothing to do with football. I will not cheer for a team if I despise a player that much, just saying.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
How could a true Cowboys fan bash and want a Cowboys player to fail is mind boggling. I feel that it is personal and has nothing to do with football. I will not cheer for a team if I despise a player that much, just saying.

Agreed, Some people really hate Dak in here.

morat1959

Reaction score
You don't make 2 pro bowls in three years in the NFL if you're not a good QB, if so please explain.
No explication needed. I’ve got eyes, played the position for a few years and have watched QBs play on every level for over 50 years. I don’t need or use stats to determine if a player is good at his position. What instrument did you play in the band?

renny

Reaction score
No explication needed. I’ve got eyes, played the position for a few years and have watched QBs play on every level for over 50 years. I don’t need or use stats to determine if a player is good at his position. What instrument did you play in the band?
Good thing you don't vote and analyze football on a professional level, keep your job. Besides, I've played football as well.

mcmvp

Reaction score
It is...fortunately he is averaging 226 ypg (Romo averaged 219 ypg for career) and 1.3 (Romo 1.58) passing tds per game.

He averages 1.7 per game if you include his rushing tds.

Keep hating...

Huh?

The only thing I can think of is that you are counting games when Romo was on the team, but did not play. Romo averaged 267 yards, and 1.95 TD passes per game in 117 starts from 2007 to 2015. You were looking at some funky numbers.

Ken

Reaction score
Huh?

The only thing I can think of is that you are counting games when Romo was on the team, but did not play. Romo averaged 267 yards, and 1.95 TD passes per game in 117 starts from 2007 to 2015. You were looking at some funky numbers.
Yes, i noticed that pro football reference uses all games, not the games he actually played in. My bad...didn't realize they would do that...lol

Fortunately, Dak's numbers are unaffected by that as he has played every game lol

jnday

Reaction score
There is nothing personal about it. Why would any fanbase want to settle long term for a bus driver? That’s the problem. When the team loses some of the talent they have now, Dak is not the type of QB that can elevate his teammate’s level of play. He doesn’t have the QB skills to do it. I sure don’t want to be stuck with him for 10 years. That will be 10 years of very average QB play. I expect and want better. I have higher standards.

renny

Reaction score
There is nothing personal about it. Why would any fanbase want to settle long term for a bus driver? That’s the problem. When the team loses some of the talent they have now, Dak is not the type of QB that can elevate his teammate’s level of play. He doesn’t have the QB skills to do it. I sure don’t want to be stuck with him for 10 years. That will be 10 years of very average QB play. I expect and want better. I have higher standards.
It's comical, a bus driver.