Dak is still my guy; stop blaming everything on him

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The ones on here happen to be boomers…these type of people while they exist in real life they are far more quiet in person. They reside anonymously through the internet.
Boomer:
434836473_3456286844670051_1646995118956206138_n.jpg

shabazz

Reaction score
I assume you are being unclear about your response on purpose?

I dont know what you mean at all unless thats what you wanted or Im not registering something
Apologies about being unclear. I thought You were addressing fans that underate Dak's abilities and confusion as to why the FO was balking at resigning him?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I can see the benefits of it especially for getting sports Information but I've heard of so much other bad especially towards young impressionable men and women........I was shocked to hear that many people get their news from these sites too because it may be unvetted or outright false. User beware, I guess
The bad outweighs the good no lie but yeah there is some good stuff especially if you’re a guy who likes to make money off sports.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Conveniently my post in another thread got deleted when I did nothing wrong at all and was not being rude to anyone at all...lol

For all the anti-Dak posters that are attacking his game and not his contract...

The Dallas Cowboys are a Billion Dollar Organization with some of the deepest pockets in Sports. The posters claiming Dak cant read defenses or has some major flaws...well...Dallas has gradually increased Dak's number of throws per season from Rookie year until 2019. Since then, not including injury seasons...Dak is being asked to throw about 37 times a game or 590 times a season.

A Billion Dollar company with deep pockets to employee serious resources to improve its team....has not dialed back Dak's number of passes at all in the past 4 years.

So...a company which can pay for the best consultants, scouts, coaches hasnt decreased the number of throws of a QB with supposed major flaws. Either the flaws are not as exaggerated has the few posters on this board claim to people that are paid large amounts to give their opinion on QB's....or the easy answer is to claim Jerry and Co. are stubborn and dumb.

Something isnt adding up with this story. A QB that is consistently in league leaders in QB stats and has low turnovers is an awful QB, Jerry and Co. are blind or posters here are way over exaggerating.

Something is not adding up at all. So...lets just define individual players by team stats instead.
Well agree on everything with one exception,

it does not matter if they were a $1 billion franchise or a $10 billion franchise every owner has deep pockets there are actually richer owners out there than Jerry,

However, that doesn't matter that's what parity was built into the salary cap, literally they all spend the same amount of money, they just spend it differently... Yes some find ways to twist the cap and massage the cap in ways where they kick money down the road but eventually everybody has to pay the piper...

that's why they created free agency the way it is today which is very different than when Jimmy was here and now they have a hard salary cap with a lot of teams that are very clumped together when it comes to talent.. Now it's any given Monday through Sunday lol including holidays games are on all the time and it's shocking how many times the favorite loses...

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Well agree on everything with one exception,

it does not matter if they were a $1 billion franchise or a $10 billion franchise every owner has deep pockets there are actually richer owners out there than Jerry,

However, that doesn't matter that's what parity was built into the salary cap, literally they all spend the same amount of money, they just spend it differently... Yes some find ways to twist the cap and massage the cap in ways where they kick money down the road but eventually everybody has to pay the piper...

that's why they created free agency the way it is today which is very different than when Jimmy was here and now they have a hard salary cap with a lot of teams that are very clumped together when it comes to talent.. Now it's any given Monday through Sunday lol including holidays games are on all the time and it's shocking how many times the favorite loses...
My point is that they have only increased and never decreased his amount of throws.

The story isnt adding up at all. Something is off.

blueblood70

Reaction score
My point is that they have only increased and never decreased his amount of throws.

The story isnt adding up at all. Something is off.
Because the stories are just opinions and they're fan based narratives, that are mostly not true... Prescott got second team all pro and 2nd MVP voting has been part of two or three number one offenses in the league has our offense typically humming in the regular season, the man is either top five and many of his years or top ten at worst...

so yes, all the adjectives and descriptive words used for Prescott in the negative are all wrong they're just opinions they're basing team deficiencies, and the lack of deep playoff runs which are mostly team problems on the quarterback, but they did it to Tony Romo as well... It was just the other half LOL

raven55

Reaction score
why not him he was bad in every playoff but the tampa bay game and every good team and he even scored a new low again when he played 7th seed and looked comfused sitting there on the bench with his head down looked like a rookie with no leadership ability. He's at best a good backup remember he was a 4th round pick and even in the 2016 season he had everything so if you minus things he just can't get it done he is just middle of the road qb and that's all

starman22

Reaction score
Whoever happens to be the designated starting quarterback for my team is going to be my guy as soon as the opening kickoff is in the air. However, that doesn't mean that he is beyond criticism once the final gun goes off.

It also doesn't mean that he isn't subject to fair competition for the starting job. I think both Romo and Dak did a pretty good job for the Cowboys but if the next Roger or Troy came along then they need to sit or go.

Also, criticism is not hate and hope is not "man-love". When it comes to discussion, this "binary" mentality of love/hate just strangles common sense debate. You can approve of a player despite certain flaws if his overall play is a benefit to the team as opposed to another player or simply our perception of a better player.
Very well said, I can't believe this didn't get any likes, here you go.

Mikexike

Reaction score
why not him he was bad in every playoff but the tampa bay game and every good team and he even scored a new low again when he played 7th seed and looked comfused sitting there on the bench with his head down looked like a rookie with no leadership ability. He's at best a good backup remember he was a 4th round pick and even in the 2016 season he had everything so if you minus things he just can't get it done he is just middle of the road qb and that's all
Dak has had all types of teams around him, And what happens when those teams make the playoffs? The same thing happens, the qb does not show up regardless of the rest of the team showing up or not... everyone wants to talk about other QB's without the context of when it happened and how it affected the team as a whole. My issue is Dak always turns the ball over/ takes sacks at horrible times during a 60 min game.... So whats the problem with our QB? Is he just a bad decision maker when it comes to the playoffs? Too much pressure? what has he won that was high stakes? a Liberty bowl in college? You wanna know why he and tony have so many 4th qt come backs? Its because they put the team in that spot so they have to play hero ball in that 4th qt.

Pokes12

Reaction score
Let's observe what occurred in 2022 vs San Fran.

Yes, Dak threw a costly 2nd interception and that sucked (and I was even about to give up on him at that moment) but then so did Mahomes in the Super Bowl. And got stopped on 4th and inches from his own 10.

On those 2 drives almost looking surely like SF could've blew the game open....KC defense allows 0 points.

Cowboys defense played well overall vs SF but Mahomes and Dak had basically the same game against SF outside of the final OT drive. It was against the same team too. This should tell you everyone struggles against SAN Francisco at this critical moment of the season.

The issue was more on SFs only TD drive, things fell apart on that drive. Defense overall played well, but we had ultimate selfish me-me Diggs letting that INT fall right thru his breadbasket - and his nonchalant, non self chastising attitude afterwards like he doesnt care as long as hes paid. He could've knocked the Kittle catch loose, but he didn't even try. Why not get a McDuffie or Snead who are cheaper, better coached, and make critical plays at critical times? If you let SF have 2 extra opportunities, you get exactly what you deserved.

Fastforward 2023. Vs Green Bay at 14-0 fine. But the 3rd TD should've been stopped. Gilmore looked like he didn't know who he was supposed to cover on that 3rd TD given up. That should've been 3 instead of 7...you don't give up plays that easily. Bland gave up some dumb routes. Bell hasnt looked the same since the Buffalo game, like the wind got knocked out of his sails. Clark is just an average LB and you can't roll into the playoffs with such paltry linebackers. I get it Overshown and Vander Esch were injured, but where was the healthy Parsons? A step short and a 2nd late. Would anyone still take Parsons over Chris Jones? Everytime I open a Parsons thread here before January, people say Parsons is better. You watched the 2 Super Bowls vs San Fran and the Championship game against the Bengals.....and you'd still take Parsons??? Lol.

The defense did not improve in the 2nd half. So yes, I blame very little of Green Bay on Dak. The defense was never gonna stop sucking in order for an comeback to materialize.

In '22 you can blame a lot of it on Dak and I agree he needed one more drive and that didnt happen, but overall hes still a Top 3 QB in the league. I'm taking him over everyone except Mahomes and Burrow. Lots of sites have him in the Top 3. Certainly Top 5 based on last year. Why should I not believe what I see? Why should I not trust official publications? Why should I listen to loudmouth fans instead?
Thank you Miss. I am happy you and Dak got yourself a daughter.
The rest is pure fantasy. Dak is awful when the pressure mounts. Stop, end of statement.
Blowing up weak teams and padding stats is all he can muster.
Please don't pay this chump.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
See the problem with today's impatient people, they have the attention span of a gnat ,

if you think that's war and peace you might want to go back and look at how many words and pages an actual novel has, compared to my one page not on Twitter, not limited media, on a forum ,this is not just a regular social media page like Facebook, this is a full functioning forum... if you don't like it you just don't like reading because you don't want to hear real facts and a real opinion from someone that differs from yours, you want us to be on the hate train, and blame everything on Prescott ,and that's not happening here!!

you're going to get a differing opinion and that's too damn bad if you don't want to read it I'll make it easy I fully disagree with your sentiments, and I also feel like it's very sad that you think that that's a novel... to the twitter gen crowds :lmao::facepalm::rolleyes:
if you want my attention, be interesting.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
I don’t get it either. Most of the hate comes from Philly fans. I don’t get it and never will. They booed him first day he was drafted so maybe it’s the fans who never liked him to begin with. Just like how people hated Dak after he took Romos job….
That was a group of morons organized by a loudmouth radio host who wanted them to draft Ricky Williams. The vast majority of Eagles fans see McNabb for what he was, a great QB who couldn’t get it done. Even when he had TO he still choked in the end. You can convince yourself that Dak just needs better this, better that, in the end he’ll do the same.