Dak is the 30th best starting QB in the NFL

Johnny23

Reaction score
He trumps that with stupidity that few QBs can match.
There's the problem with Jameis he is human filth but all the physical tools and talent to be a playoff/super bowl caliber qb but lacking in intangibles. I am a lifelong Florida State fan and the guy's checks off the list of franchise qb. Size, arm talent, ability to rally the troops, and make plays in the clutch. But he just is a complete moron when it comes to his decisions in life. The Buccaneers voided his 5th year option after the Uber incident and that's coupled with his suspension at Florida state and his rape case he caught. Scummy dude. I have followed him since his jr year of high school when we started recruiting him. He is a smart guy, seems well liked but lacks good judgement. Also has an issue with being reigned in as he has shown butting heads with his coaches throughout his college and professional career even when he's had success. He would fit right in here in Dallas and had we took Dak's place in 2016 or last year he would have been as easy 4000 yard passer. But him being a misfit means he is a magnet for trouble and scrutiny. Ugh talk about s circus if we had him at QB and a third sexual assault incident and suspension. Pass on him because the intangibles do count.

zeke21

Reaction score
Rating Romo based on playoff success is misguided. It's a bit like the laughable suggestions that Kershaw isn't one of the best pitchers ever because he hasn't won a WS..

At the end of the day, sport is a team game. Romo gave us chance after chance to have success.. consistently put points on the board and that was while he had a HC 'in training', no Oline for most of it.. and a coaching staff with dubious play calling. Romo also had to overcome one of the worst defences in the league.. ultimately leading to many, many shoot outs and he couldn't win them all. By the modern 'catch' rule.. we might have had a real shot at a ring 'that' year.. and with Romo back in the saddle in 2016 we had a real shot at another. So with just a bit of luck.. Romo possibly could still be lining up behind centre.. raking up passing yards (Brees/manning style) with two rings and no one would be questioning his greatness.

Funny game sometimes but Romo was true class.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Some..but way from being all.

There are a good number of people who don't like Dak because they gave the job to him instead of Romo getting it back.

Romo didn't ask for his job back, he asked to compete for it in OTA and pre-season. FO and coaching was a scared and said no...Now they reap what they have sowed.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Per ESPN Stats....

DAK
Passing yards - 23rd
Pct - 28th
TDs tied at 24th
Rating - 27th
Total QBR - 26th

As far as passing yards go, with the team set up to run Zeke, no matter how good Dak is he's not going to throw for a bunch of yards. Aikman threw for over 20 tds one time in 12 years. In two SB years, 1993 and 1995, he threw only 15 and 16. His last 3 years, without a great team around him, his completion %age was under 60, despite having years and years of experience.

Some of those numbers, like rating, are tied in part with touchdowns and yards, again, with a running offense Dak won't have the attempts to get lots of touchdowns and yards.

Certainly Dak needs to improve, but even if starts hitting more receivers, his numbers still aren't going to be sparkling....

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Phillip Rivers, Eli Manning and Derek Carr all have better qb ratings than Dak.

All their teams are 1-4. Dak's is 2-3.

Quarterback ratings, by themselves, don't always lead to team success. And I wonder, how would they do in Dallas? Eli has thrown about 30% more passes, has OBJ for a receiver, take that away from him and how would his numbers be? Probably like Dak's.

I wish Dak was better but better quarterback play isn't getting this team to contender status...

Galian Beast

Reaction score
As far as passing yards go, with the team set up to run Zeke, no matter how good Dak is he's not going to throw for a bunch of yards. Aikman threw for over 20 tds one time in 12 years. In two SB years, 1993 and 1995, he threw only 15 and 16. His last 3 years, without a great team around him, his completion %age was under 60, despite having years and years of experience.

Some of those numbers, like rating, are tied in part with touchdowns and yards, again, with a running offense Dak won't have the attempts to get lots of touchdowns and yards.

Certainly Dak needs to improve, but even if starts hitting more receivers, his numbers still aren't going to be sparkling....

Romo was 14th in passing yards in 2014. The fact that he is so low isn't purely because of attempts, it's because he isn't connecting with receivers nor is he passing the ball deeply enough consistently enough.

Hence him being 29th in YPA.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
1. Brady
2. Rodgers
3. Brees
4. Ben
5. Wilson
6. Mahomes
7. Goff
8. Wentz
9. Cousins
10. Luck
11. Rivers
12. Cam
13. Stafford
14. Ryan
15. Dalton
16. Mayfield
17. Carr
18. Trubisky
19. Watson
20. Carr
21. Bortles
22. Marriotta
23. Darnold
24. Rosen
25. Eli
26. Flacco
27. tannehill
28. Allen
29. The broncos guy
30. Dak
31. Beatherd
32. Winston

This is truly embarrassing
Wheres Alex Smith on this list? He should be either tied or below Dak.....

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
1. Brady
2. Rodgers
3. Brees
4. Ben
5. Wilson
6. Mahomes
7. Goff
8. Wentz
9. Cousins
10. Luck
11. Rivers
12. Cam
13. Stafford
14. Ryan
15. Dalton
16. Mayfield
17. Carr
18. Trubisky
19. Watson
20. Carr
21. Bortles
22. Marriotta
23. Darnold
24. Rosen
25. Eli
26. Flacco
27. tannehill
28. Allen
29. The broncos guy
30. Dak
31. Beatherd
32. Winston

This is truly embarrassing
Embarrassing is a nice way of putting it.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
But he’s not even that at this time.

I wasn’t attached to Romo and I’m certainly not to Dak. But I do recognize the difference in their production and the offenses effectiveness with each other under center respectively.
You can't compare the 2 considering the talent difference with playmakers on the team. Dez never led the league in drops when romo was throwing to him. Romo turned the ball over way more. Worse part is Romo's ints weren't tipped or dropped balls most of the time like daks. They were him not reading the defense correctly or not seeing a lb or safety. But that same loose cannon would also give us exciting plays that would win games
If the QB can’t threaten the intermediate and deep areas of the field, you get what you saw last night. A team shutting down our run first offense by stacking the line and not worrying about exposing their young and pretty mediocre secondary.

Dak’s not good enough. At least as he is playing right now.
Sorry to say but dak was the only bright spot on offense against the texans. We would have won that game had Martin and looney decided to block jj watt on the last drive in regulation.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score

I wasn’t attached to Romo and I’m certainly not to Dak. But I do recognize the difference in their production and the offenses effectiveness with each other under center respectively.
You can't compare the 2 considering the talent difference with playmakers on the team. Dez never led the league in drops when romo was throwing to him. Romo turned the ball over way more. Worse part is Romo's ints weren't tipped or dropped balls most of the time like daks. They were him not reading the defense correctly or not seeing a lb or safety. But that same loose cannon would also give us exciting plays that would win games
As someone pointed out today... Romo has the 4th highest rated qbr in the history of the game. I’m not sure

Dak is 15 t 20 qb in the nfl? Yeah, right. You are seriously nuts. Dak isn’t 26to 32.
You are so full of **** you drooled all over romo and defended him to the death on dc forums. Stop being an emotional ex girlfriend.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Sorry to say but dak was the only bright spot on offense against the texans. We would have won that game had Martin and looney decided to block jj watt on the last drive in regulation.
I can certainly use the comparison from Daks first two seasons.

And Romo went much of his career without an OL or running back like Dak has but never a bottom tier offense.

This is worst offense since Campo era and Quincy.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score

He has 4 INTs and 2 fumbles through 4 games

That's not taking care of the football....
Yeh how many were drops that were picked? 2-3 were the fault of the wr.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I can certainly use the comparison from Daks first two seasons.

And Romo went much of his career without an OL or running back like Dak has but never a bottom tier offense.

This is worst offense since Campo era and Quincy.
Yeh we have a line that can't pass protect and no wr's that can get open or make a play unless dak stuffs the damn ball in there face mask. Really sad people that watch the game can't see this.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yeh we have a line that can't pass protect and no wr's that can get open or make a play unless dak stuffs the damn ball in there face mask. Really sad people that watch the game can't see this.
Do you watch much other NFL games? Their QB’s throw their recievers open or back shoulder. Recievers don’t get wide open in NFL. It’s about precision and timing.