Dak is the 30th best starting QB in the NFL

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This offense suks big time. It’s not all Prescotts fault but he deserves some of the criticism. He’s not enough to elevate lesser talent around him.

Dont fans even realize the futility marks this bottom tier offense is producing.

We had Dez and Witten last year and were still bottom tier. I’m not sure how much more I’d invest until we have a more prolific NFL caliber passing QB.

I’m certainly not very optimistic moving forward in this era. I guess since fans are more attached to Dakster but I’m not. But he could make a great backup.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Romo was 14th in passing yards in 2014. The fact that he is so low isn't purely because of attempts, it's because he isn't connecting with receivers nor is he passing the ball deeply enough consistently enough.

Hence him being 29th in YPA.
Just throwing it out there, Romo also led the league in YPA at 8.5 and was 4th in TD passes, in a run first offense.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As far as passing yards go, with the team set up to run Zeke, no matter how good Dak is he's not going to throw for a bunch of yards. Aikman threw for over 20 tds one time in 12 years. In two SB years, 1993 and 1995, he threw only 15 and 16. His last 3 years, without a great team around him, his completion %age was under 60, despite having years and years of experience.

Some of those numbers, like rating, are tied in part with touchdowns and yards, again, with a running offense Dak won't have the attempts to get lots of touchdowns and yards.

Certainly Dak needs to improve, but even if starts hitting more receivers, his numbers still aren't going to be sparkling....

In his rookie year, while Zeke was tearing up the league with rushing...Dak was in the tops of Percentages and Total QBR...he was in the top 5 all season long and closer to the top three.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Do you watch much other NFL games? Their QB’s throw their recievers open or back shoulder. Recievers don’t get wide open in NFL. It’s about precision and timing.
O you mean like when dak tried to throw the back shoulder to hurns and he never even turns his head around? I watch other games all the time. I see wr's wide open with 5 yards of separation, clean pockets, wr's making plays.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Winston blows.

Arguably the most overhyped QB in the NFL.
:muttley:
tell us how you really feel, Syd!

I agree he is overhyped. But the question (which I get was kind of irrelevant) still stands

Reid1boys

Reaction score
You can't compare the 2 considering the talent difference with playmakers on the team. Dez never led the league in drops when romo was throwing to him. Romo turned the ball over way more. Worse part is Romo's ints weren't tipped or dropped balls most of the time like daks. They were him not reading the defense correctly or not seeing a lb or safety. But that same loose cannon would also give us exciting plays that would win games

You are so full of **** you drooled all over romo and defended him to the death on dc forums. Stop being an emotional ex girlfriend.
I would love for us to be 4 and 1 and dak to be the man. I have zero.problems with romo being gone. When it was time for emmitt to go, I was fine. I'm all about the team, not the player. Dak sucks...that statement has zero to do with Tony romo.

UpNorth

Reaction score
Yeh how many were drops that were picked? 2-3 were the fault of the wr.
This urban legend has already been thoroughly debunked.

He regularly misses high or late with wide open receivers and they do their best to try and get a hand on the ball. You can't blame uncatchable passes on the WRs

The coddling of Dak needs to stop

It's a losers mentality

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
10 years of Garrett, and people still blame the players .

After 5 starting Qbs under Garrett , Dak still get the blame !

Insane .

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
This urban legend has already been thoroughly debunked.

He regularly misses high or late with wide open receivers and they do their best to try and get a hand on the ball. You can't blame uncatchable passes on the WRs

The coddling of Dak needs to stop

It's a losers mentality
O yeh so gallup having the ball hit him in the hands, tavon ball hitting him in the hands, thompson not running a comeback properly. Look if a qb makes a wrong read and doesn't see a lb or safety those are 100% on the qb. Dak doesn't throw those picks.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
1. Brady
2. Rodgers
3. Brees
4. Ben
5. Wilson
6. Mahomes
7. Goff
8. Wentz
9. Cousins
10. Luck
11. Rivers
12. Cam
13. Stafford
14. Ryan
15. Dalton
16. Mayfield
17. Carr
18. Trubisky
19. Watson
20. Carr
21. Bortles
22. Marriotta
23. Darnold
24. Rosen
25. Eli
26. Flacco
27. tannehill
28. Allen
29. The broncos guy
30. Dak
31. Beatherd
32. Winston

This is truly embarrassing

well. i thought he was 35th.

DFWJC

Reaction score
And anyone saying it's the loss of Dez and Witten need to realize there's much more going on.

Though both putrid, compared to the last 8 games last year, his QB rating a TD-int ratio have gone UP this year.

Defenses have learned that you do two things to stop this offense.
1) Contain Zeke to some degree
2) Keeping Dak in the pocket...making him beat you from there

They kind of complement each other if you also wish to slow down Beasley, because by keeping the box fairly loaded you're bracketing the slot WR by default.

Gator88

Reaction score
Romo turned the ball over way more
This is factually false as has been pointed out in previous comments. Dak's interception percentage last year was 2.7% and has been 2.8% so far this year. Romo's career interception percentage was 2.7%.

The reason that lots more balls are being dropped/deflected now is because of bad timing and bad placement. Romo also had his fair share of interceptions caused by his receivers. You also dont remember Marty B, Roy Williams, and Kevin Ogletree causing the majority of Romo's interceptions by being generally dumb?

UpNorth

Reaction score
O yeh so gallup having the ball hit him in the hands, tavon ball hitting him in the hands, thompson not running a comeback properly. Look if a qb makes a wrong read and doesn't see a lb or safety those are 100% on the qb. Dak doesn't throw those picks.
All thoroughly debunked as bad throws and 100% on Dak

Stop being stuck on the idea of a Dak being a talented player. It leads to these warped thought processes and forces you to distort the reality of what's happening out there

He's been horrific and anyone with an eye for the game knew he never had the arm talent required to play QB in the NFL

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Romo was 14th in passing yards in 2014. The fact that he is so low isn't purely because of attempts, it's because he isn't connecting with receivers nor is he passing the ball deeply enough consistently enough.

Hence him being 29th in YPA.

And what was the Cowboys' record? 12-4. I know, throwing the ball all over the place is the only way to win, and is sooooo exciting.

But seems this team does better with less passing...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
In his rookie year, while Zeke was tearing up the league with rushing...Dak was in the tops of Percentages and Total QBR...he was in the top 5 all season long and closer to the top three.

Like I said, the rating depends on a lot of things, you can be not so good in some areas and very good in others and get a high qbr.

What I am saying is that most are critical of Dak because of low passing yardage and ypa, but you can get a good rating with low numbers in those areas.

Stats are great but don't often tell the whole story...