Dak is the 30th best starting QB in the NFL

Galian Beast

Reaction score
And what was the Cowboys' record? 12-4. I know, throwing the ball all over the place is the only way to win, and is sooooo exciting.

But seems this team does better with less passing...

What value is the record one year versus another? Was it the same schedule against the same teams on the same days on the same fields?

What a silly thing to say.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
What value is the record one year versus another? Was it the same schedule against the same teams on the same days on the same fields?

What a silly thing to say.

You missed my point by a country mile. Let me clarify:

If a team has a top running game then you don't have to throw a ton to win, and that is borne out by the results of 2014, which was an NFL season, against at least 6 of the same teams - Commanders, Giants and Eagles. Of course they aren't the same teams today, that's a silly comment. I'm talking about how a team is set up, trying to make Dak into Brees isn't going to work, but some of you only think there's one way to win...

Galian Beast

Reaction score
You missed my point by a country mile. Let me clarify:

If a team has a top running game then you don't have to throw a ton to win, and that is borne out by the results of 2014, which was an NFL season, against at least 6 of the same teams - Commanders, Giants and Eagles. Of course they aren't the same teams today, that's a silly comment. I'm talking about how a team is set up, trying to make Dak into Brees isn't going to work, but some of you only think there's one way to win...

Romo didn't throw a ton in 2014. Romo was 23rd in attempts. However he was extremely efficient and effective with the ball. Dak doesn't do this.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
No tape on the player. Even in 2016 he still underperformed Romo with a defense that was outperforming 2014 and a running game that was outperforming 2014.

If you ignore Dak's good times, you have to ignore his bad times as well. People say he CAN'T do this or that, when the FACT remains he HAS done it in the past.

I prefer to believe he can "right the ship".

Plainly you do not, and that's fine, we'll know after this year....

Galian Beast

Reaction score
If you ignore Dak's good times, you have to ignore his bad times as well. People say he CAN'T do this or that, when the FACT remains he HAS done it in the past.

I prefer to believe he can "right the ship".

Plainly you do not, and that's fine, we'll know after this year....

He's a 3rd year player and you're focusing on his 1st year where he didn't beat any good teams as proof of him being a good QB? Before anyone had any film on him? He's demonstrated what he is, you just don't like it because you bought in and hard.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
1. Brady
2. Rodgers
3. Brees
4. Ben
5. Wilson
6. Mahomes
7. Goff
8. Wentz
9. Cousins
10. Luck
11. Rivers
12. Cam
13. Stafford
14. Ryan
15. Dalton
16. Mayfield
17. Carr
18. Trubisky
19. Watson
20. Carr
21. Bortles
22. Marriotta
23. Darnold
24. Rosen
25. Eli
26. Flacco
27. tannehill
28. Allen
29. The broncos guy
30. Dak
31. Beatherd
32. Winston

This is truly embarrassing
why is carr on there twice?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
He's a 3rd year player and you're focusing on his 1st year where he didn't beat any good teams as proof of him being a good QB? Before anyone had any film on him? He's demonstrated what he is, you just don't like it because you bought in and hard.

And you have focused on his last half year. You don't think people can learn from their mistakes and get better?

What a pessimist you are...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Last half year?

Look at Dak's last 16 games, and tell me you're impressed...

Who says I"m impressed?

Let me explain it to you, slowly, so you'll understand:

He's not playing well but has done so in the past. He's just into his 3rd year. Not every quarterback turns out great, and not every quarterback that does turn out great do so in 2 years. It took Peyton Manning 4 years to win a playoff game.

I just want to give him 3 full years to see what he can do. You don't. I get it. I'll let you know come the end of December.

Don't worry, if you were right I will have no problem saying so - would hate for you to not be able to gloat over the Cowboys' poor season...

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Who says I"m impressed?

Let me explain it to you, slowly, so you'll understand:

He's not playing well but has done so in the past. He's just into his 3rd year. Not every quarterback turns out great, and not every quarterback that does turn out great do so in 2 years. It took Peyton Manning 4 years to win a playoff game.

I just want to give him 3 full years to see what he can do. You don't. I get it. I'll let you know come the end of December.

Don't worry, if you were right I will have no problem saying so - would hate for you to not be able to gloat over the Cowboys' poor season...

Peyton Manning threw 85 touchdowns in 3 years. Dak Prescott is on pace for 61...

You're equating Peyton Manning's TEAMS to the Cowboys TEAMS and suggesting that the TEAM performances are excuses for Prescott... They aren't.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
hows comparing romo to dak fixing the problem that dak sucks. Dak has to have the best offensive line, wr's and te's just to be considered a starter. Right now he's just a backup waiting on being benched when a real start is picked up. smh

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Peyton Manning threw 85 touchdowns in 3 years. Dak Prescott is on pace for 61...

You're equating Peyton Manning's TEAMS to the Cowboys TEAMS and suggesting that the TEAM performances are excuses for Prescott... They aren't.

No I'm not.

Look you don't understand, there's nothing I can do about it. Just keep on hating Dak, if that's good for you...

InTheZone

Reaction score
This board is bizarre to me. Romo has the 4th best passer rating all time -- all time -- and so many people hated him and thought he sucked. Now we have a QB who struggles to pass over 200 yards a games for over a season and droves of people are defending him like it's other guys fault.
Mind if I quote this as my sig?