Dak is trying to scam the Cowboys

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by Frozen700, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Proof

Proof Well-Known Member

4,640 Messages
    6,181 Likes Received
    gotcha. dont know what to tell you brother. I love both, one was clearly and decidedly better though. rhymes with pony

Fastpitch Dad and aaev84 like this.
  2. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

14,891 Messages
    12,130 Likes Received
    Statistically, that's true and verifiable. But it's harder to say he contributed that much more to wins because stats don't tell the whole story on that front. I'm not saying Dak contributed more to wins, I'm just saying it is much harder to quantify that than simply looking at stats.

3. 408Cowboy

408Cowboy Well-Known Member

4,286 Messages
    5,481 Likes Received
    Romo had the dynamic duo of Terry Glenn and a still at the height of his game TO. Not taking anything away from him here but he wasn't still developing with a committee at WR.

As to your second point I think the jury is still out there. At least for me it is. We've seen him comeback from being down to win games. He almost put together a nice one against the Pack and he kept us in the game against the Rams. But those were playoff games and we're still waiting for a defense to actually show up there regardless of who the quarterback is.

PA Cowboy Fan likes this.
  4. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

17,674 Messages
    16,184 Likes Received
    I don’t know about ‘scamming’ but if we pay Dak 30+/y it’ll be a big big mistake

Did I say, BIG?

Vandyr, Frozen700 and InTheZone like this.
  5. Blake

Blake Well-Known Member

3,571 Messages
    5,267 Likes Received
    How many playoff games did Pony throw for over 300 yards and three touchdowns? Certainly not in his first or third season. :muttley:

Sevenup3000 and PJTHEDOORS like this.
  6. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

11,873 Messages
    4,825 Likes Received
    Scam - no.

Overplaying his hand - yes!

7. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

39,770 Messages
    39,227 Likes Received
    I think Dak can scam us to a SB win this year. Now wouldn't that be the biggest scam ever. Scam us Dak. Go ahead and scam us.

PJTHEDOORS likes this.
  8. Proof

Proof Well-Known Member

4,640 Messages
    6,181 Likes Received

Yeah for sure. Romo was also directly responsible for his share of losses lol. Just talking a numbers perspective. They have vastly different games but fairly similar impact

9. CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninHouston CowboysFaninDC

10,284 Messages
    4,230 Likes Received
    its surprising then that the other QBs signed so quickly....an accepted the deals offered to them at the levels they got.....so rumors are he is asking for 335-36 and cowboys offered 32-33 similar to Wentz and he is not accepting....

you can't spin this....

and I never said Dak is a scammer...I just pointed out, that not ALL QBs do this. Brady, is infamous for taking less than his market value so to allow the team to sign resources needed....Brady could easily ask for 40 mill a year and he would be right for asking given what he has done, what he is still able to do and where he is within the league.

10. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

11,321 Messages
    10,358 Likes Received
    I get a sense that the people running this team don't concern themselves with team unity.

PA Cowboy Fan likes this.
  11. CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninHouston CowboysFaninDC

10,284 Messages
    4,230 Likes Received
    yeah, sure thing.... aha, ok.... that's why Zeke was the leading rusher in the league and Dak middle of the pack passer... oookkk then.... :thumbup:

12. lostar2009

lostar2009 Well-Known Member

4,242 Messages
    2,272 Likes Received
    Qb for the Dallas Cowboys. Regardless where he is at he has lead this team to success. Top paid? Meh, But I will pay him accordingly.

13. PJTHEDOORS

PJTHEDOORS Well-Known Member

15,024 Messages
    15,091 Likes Received
    71.6% completions with Cooper in lineup = no issues with accuracy.

'Despite the narratives, Dak Prescott is a very good downfield passer
    Stats show the opposite of what people say, Prescott is very effective when he throws deep'.
    https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...s-a-very-good-downfield-passer-dallas-cowboys

Sevenup3000, jazzcat22 and Blake like this.
  14. Flamma

Flamma Well-Known Member

4,058 Messages
    3,583 Likes Received
    I watched part of the video but I don't need to see it because I watched every game. I don't need a video to tell me he's not garbage like some people claim. The guy can play even though I have been critical of him. People tend to forget that a quarterback, any quarterback needs help from the rest of his team and coaches to be successful. An infinitesimal amount of QBs that aren't any good can take a team to a 13-3 record without a world class defense. The 2016 Cowboys defense sucked. I think a lot of the hand wringing is about salary cap and stuff like that.

I don't think he's as good as Romo, but I don't think he's far behind. I also think he has some traits better than Romo.

15. Typhus

Typhus Catching Catfish

3,698 Messages
    3,495 Likes Received
    Frozen.....
    You knew everyone was going to come after you with this post,, but you did it anyway... lol.. crazy man.
    I wouldn't be so quick to label Dak as a "scumbag", that label should be mainly reserved for lawyers and agents, in this case agents.
    This is a "grab the money now" league,, has nothing to do with Dak, but has everything to do with every player in this league with leverage, with contract pending...
    Its really that simple,, and the "scum bag" agents are responsible,

Frozen700 likes this.
  16. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

17,674 Messages
    16,184 Likes Received
    Well, Dak still can’t read defenses or throw with anticipation so he’s likely not the sharpest tool in the shed

He is the perfect QB for Jerry and Garrett. For Jerry because even though we won’t win or get to a SB, he will keep the team relevant which is all that Jerry cares about, false hope to sell to fans

For Garrett because he’s an average QB who will tow the company line, not rock the boat, and speak in cliches

Vandyr and Fastpitch Dad like this.
  17. Bob-Lillys-War

Bob-Lillys-War Well-Known Member

11,667 Messages
    11,741 Likes Received
    30 million for Dak , the rest of the new offense players will be low paid JAGS .

18. Altestic

Altestic Benched

1,081 Messages
    780 Likes Received
    Recession is likely to hit next year, we're at around late 2007 from the past economic cycle and CBA is due in 2021.

BigStar likes this.
  19. Blake

Blake Well-Known Member

3,571 Messages
    5,267 Likes Received
    We're talking abour the 4th quarter comeback video. Keep up. Zeke was getting stuffed while Dak was balling out.

20. PJTHEDOORS

PJTHEDOORS Well-Known Member

15,024 Messages
    15,091 Likes Received