Dak is under a whole lot of pressure this year

phildadon86

Reaction score
The poor games dont count either

Ya know, because so and so was out and its impossible to function as a QB if there are injuries
In this offense it is. I put blame on the coaches just as much if not more than dak.

ClintDagger

Reaction score
All QBs are under pressure to perform. But I agree that at the end of the day and barring any catastrophic injuries, the success/failure of this season will hinge upon how Dak & his receiving corps make teams pay for stacking the box. Particularly the good defenses that do that.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Please. Most QB who start their first 2 years in the league have much more to deal with than Prescott has had in Dallas. Most QB who start right away are high draft picks, because the team that drafted them sucked. They don't have a zeke, smith, lee or Bailey on their team. Their OL is nothing but Chaz Green type players. Dak walked into a perfect situation for a young QB. The fact that he struggled to be effective without all pro talent around him should tell you something. But let's all pretend that Dak is the answer and move on.

laziest narrative propagated around here

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Dak was under pressure day 1 being the trigger man for the Dallas Cowboys, I'm looking forward to seeing him have a great season:)

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
I don't think many QBs, specifically in their first couple of years had the obstacles Prescott had last season.
It wasn't just Elliott.
It wasn't just Smith.
It wasn't just Sean Lee.
It wasn't just Chaz Green.
It wasn't just Collins at RT.
It wasn't just Bailey.
Etc......

Crazy we even won 9 games.

Excuses excuses excuses. Quit making them

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Please. Most QB who start their first 2 years in the league have much more to deal with than Prescott has had in Dallas. Most QB who start right away are high draft picks, because the team that drafted them sucked. They don't have a zeke, smith, lee or Bailey on their team. Their OL is nothing but Chaz Green type players. Dak walked into a perfect situation for a young QB. The fact that he struggled to be effective without all pro talent around him should tell you something. But let's all pretend that Dak is the answer and move on.
Sorry. Prescott would have been a better QB if he had Bryant in his prime and HOFers like Owens, Witten in their primes.

Most QBs? Name me all of these guys missing so many components?

I am not excluding Prescott from blame just to be clear.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Sorry. Prescott would have been a better QB if he had Bryant in his prime and HOFers like Owens, Witten in their primes.

Most QBs? Name me all of these guys missing so many components?

I am not excluding Prescott from blame just to be clear.

Yes, put Dak behind that line in 2012 and 13 and tell me he would have been a better QB. He got to play behind an OL that was average last year and about peed himself and became useless. He could have had Jerry Rice, TO and 88 all out there an it wouldn't have mattered, he was useless. Hopefully he has grown a pair this year and does what we all hope he does and that is takes us to the SB. But he deserves his fair share of the blame for last year as he sucked most of the year.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Yes, put Dak behind that line in 2012 and 13 and tell me he would have been a better QB. He got to play behind an OL that was average last year and about peed himself and became useless. He could have had Jerry Rice, TO and 88 all out there an it wouldn't have mattered, he was useless. Hopefully he has grown a pair this year and does what we all hope he does and that is takes us to the SB. But he deserves his fair share of the blame for last year as he sucked most of the year.
You have a warped sense of reality. The idea that you suggest Prescott wet himself or needs to grow a pair is not only childish, but just plain stupid.

Useless? Lmao, horrible.

Another "He couldn't play on teams Romo had." Pure BS. You have NO idea how he would do on any team in the past.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And nearly all of them have a stronger receiving corps to work with than Dak does.

The Excuse bag is starting to fill up.....hmmmmm.....Fredrick, our WR, our TE....the water boy is out sick ......Believe in him or not this is the year baby .....Dak your up bud (Center Stage) and you need to show the world what is your QB caliber .....days now remain tick tock tick tock....and by the way.....as some of you use the word HATE with such ease pretty shameful really but ......GL Dak as your success is our success......

CCBoy

Reaction score
The Excuse bag is starting to fill up.....hmmmmm.....Fredrick, our WR, our TE....the water boy is out sick ......Believe in him or not this is the year baby .....Dak your up bud (Center Stage) and you need to show the world what is your QB caliber .....days now remain tick tock tick tock....and by the way.....as some of you use the word HATE with such ease pretty shameful really but ......GL Dak as your success is our success......

You forgot to include the liquor store guy...

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
You have a warped sense of reality. The idea that you suggest Prescott wet himself or needs to grow a pair is not only childish, but just plain stupid.

Another "He couldn't play on teams Romo had." Pure BS. You have NO idea how he would do on any team in the past.

You're right. Dak elevated his game and played lights out last year. He made those around him better. Those 3 games last year with less than 10 points and putrid QB play must have been someone else wearing 4.

pansophy

Reaction score
Zeke is the center of the Offense but Dak, like all QB's, will have the most pressure to perform.
With our lack of respect at the WR/TE position, teams will definitely stack the box in order to stop Zeke and to put the onus on Dak to beat them with his arm.
It will be up to him to make teams pay if/when they do this.
If he struggles with inaccuracies and the WR's are unable to beat mainly single coverage, then it will be a long season.
They already did this last year and clogged the middle of the field. Dak will need more sideline throws to get defenses to spread out more. I'll settle for more go routes if it gets the job done, but would love to see Dak start to work those intermediate 10-20 yard sideline throws.

Offense was solid when everyone was healthy except in 3rd in long situations. So that will be the thing to look for this year.