Dak is under a whole lot of pressure this year

Sydla

Reaction score
Pretty accurate I would say. This is an offense that when it comes to passing has limited weapons so a lot will fall on Prescott. He doesn’t have elite pass catchers to help him. So he’s gonna have more pressure on him IMO.

A bad season and I think this franchise is quietly looking for another option

And no, I am not saying he will definitely have another ehhhh season.

khiladi

Reaction score
Yeah, no. A number 1 WR doesn't get that type of salary with all of the shortcomings.

And QBs that throw franchise record setting picks for TDs and record setting quarters of going scoreless don’t last long as starters either and ultimately get benched.

GenoT

Reaction score
When you’ve got the owner/GM and the owner/GM’s pet cat head coach BOTH all-in on Dak as the #1 QB, and with the likes of Cooper Rush and Mike White as backups, exactly WHERE is the pressure coming from?

The media and fans, maybe?

Jerry don’t give a s—t about the media, as long as the words “Dallas Cowboys” and “Jerry Jones” show up in any articles and are spelled correctly.

As for the fans...even in non-playoff seasons, the Dallas Cowboys (aka: the most valuable sports franchise on earth) are perennially at or near the top in all revenue streams, so no pre$$ure there.

If you think Dak’s feeling any real pressure, keep rubbing that lamp — you got two wishes left.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
And QBs that throw franchise record setting picks for TDs and record setting quarters of going scoreless don’t last long as starters either and ultimates get benched..
So he doesn't get the "team" excuse. Got it.

Tarheelcowboy

Reaction score
Was it an excuse that Romo had his best season in 2014 with an ALL Pro RB who had the best rushing season in cowboys history? Or the great Bill Parcells as HC? Or HOF TO and Witten in their prime?

Seriously, it's astounding that more fans don't see the team differences from 2016 - 2017 and NOT welcome the idea that the TEAM was vastly different.

And, Prescott didn't really do that bad as some suggest. Attempts and INTs went up as rating and completion percentage went down. That should be pretty obvious as to why.
But he passed and ran for the same amount of TDs and only passed for 20 yards a game less.

Yep Prescott sucks. No excuses.

Agree with the last line

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Comical this guy...

2014 was the year of Romo’s concepts being implemented and the offense was centered around Romo having multiple run-pass scenarios to choose from, meaning the success of the running game large in part a result of Romo’s own play calling.
Lol, no.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Zeke is the center of the Offense but Dak, like all QB's, will have the most pressure to perform.
With our lack of respect at the WR/TE position, teams will definitely stack the box in order to stop Zeke and to put the onus on Dak to beat them with his arm.
It will be up to him to make teams pay if/when they do this.
If he struggles with inaccuracies and the WR's are unable to beat mainly single coverage, then it will be a long season.
Sorry but the QB is always under pressure. Especially the QB of the Dallas Cowboys.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Or is it a Dak can do no wrong thread? I can’t tell
Well we will see. If Dak can win with these bunch of WR's he can win with anything. If he flops big time then I won't continue to defend him. I won't be one of the Romo homers that think he can do no wrong.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
And QBs that throw franchise record setting picks for TDs and record setting quarters of going scoreless don’t last long as starters either and ultimately get benched.
Zzzzzzzz.

Franchise records mean the world!

HungryLion

Reaction score
Comical this guy...

2014 was the year of Romo’s concepts being implemented and the offense was centered around Romo having multiple run-pass scenarios to choose from, meaning the success of the running game large in part a result of Romo’s own play calling.

So Romo was the primary reason the running game was successful in 2014.

It didn’t have anything to do with the 3 all pro lineman or Demarco Murray?

I liked Romo too dude, but damn.

khiladi

Reaction score
So he doesn't get the "team" excuse. Got it.

oh the team has their fair share of blame, but Dak has his own. I guess it’s everybody else’s fault, including every WRs production that coincidentally dropped, and not Dak...

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
oh the team has their fair share of blame, but Dak has his own. I guess it’s everybody else’s fault, including every WRs production that coincidentally dropped, and not Dak...
Including Prescott dummy. Try reading.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
giphy-downsized.gif

khiladi

Reaction score
So Romo was the primary reason the running game was successful in 2014.

It didn’t have anything to do with the 3 all pro lineman or Demarco Murray?

I liked Romo too dude, but damn.

It also has something to do with Callahan.. that being said, you clearly didn’t pay attention to the part that they started implementing Romo’s concepts and we were running a whole bunch of run-pass options that Romo was choosing from..