Dak is under a whole lot of pressure this year

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
So am I wrong?

Yes and the premise is wrong as well. Why would you limit the "best situation" arguments to rookies who would obviously have much less experience then vets? Dak's rookie season beat out many veterans who have been in similar situations with a good line & running game.

For example, in 2016 Dak beat out Marcus Mariota who had a seasons worth experience on him. Tennessee had only a slightly worse Oline and running game (#15 ranked pass blocking / #3 in leauge in rushing vs Dallas #13 ranked pass blocking / #2 in leauge in rushing )

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
You're right. Dak elevated his game and played lights out last year. He made those around him better. Those 3 games last year with less than 10 points and putrid QB play must have been someone else wearing 4.
Don't put words in people's mouth. If you want to have an adult conversation, we can until you pull out the erroneous BS. It brings your posts to a whole new pathetic level. If you're going to put the score all on the QB at least be realistic.
That's all. Realistic. You've shown you're incapable.

It's interesting when some fans say that 2016 was great and last season he bombed. Both are incorrect, however some aren't willing to hear perspective.

Hate on playa! Romo - never forget.

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
Sorry, I guess that none of that ever happened.

Calling factual factors excuses is about ignorant.

Just saying my man, he has an o-line if dang near all 1st rounders or guys who would have been 1st rounders if there weren’t murders hanging around them at the draft time.

At some point we need to quit making excuses for players and coaches on the cowboys. Especially when they are on the verge of huge contracts. There are always going to be injuries so that is irrelevant. If they want to get paid, they need to show they deserve to be paid. Guys that get paid, get paid because they can overcome injuries/suspensions/etc. Guys that can’t, are backups

Wood

Reaction score
Zeke is the center of the Offense but Dak, like all QB's, will have the most pressure to perform.
With our lack of respect at the WR/TE position, teams will definitely stack the box in order to stop Zeke and to put the onus on Dak to beat them with his arm.
It will be up to him to make teams pay if/when they do this.
If he struggles with inaccuracies and the WR's are unable to beat mainly single coverage, then it will be a long season.

he knows this and thats why he came into camp in best shape of his life, eating better, re-worked footwork on throws, etc. Fans will get best version of Dak this year...its either good enough or its not.

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
They already did this last year and clogged the middle of the field. Dak will need more sideline throws to get defenses to spread out more. I'll settle for more go routes if it gets the job done, but would love to see Dak start to work those intermediate 10-20 yard sideline throws.

Offense was solid when everyone was healthy except in 3rd in long situations. So that will be the thing to look for this year.

Yea I agree. But man every time I see him throw a 10 yard out I hold my breath as the ball slowly flutters over there. I’d like to see him attempt more outside go routes just to keep the defense honest. (Mostly because if it gets picked at least it’s down the field a bit instead of a pick 6)

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Just saying my man, he has an o-line if dang near all 1st rounders or guys who would have been 1st rounders if there weren’t murders hanging around them at the draft time.

At some point we need to quit making excuses for players and coaches on the cowboys. Especially when they are on the verge of huge contracts. There are always going to be injuries so that is irrelevant. If they want to get paid, they need to show they deserve to be paid. Guys that get paid, get paid because they can overcome injuries/suspensions/etc. Guys that can’t, are backups
Was it an excuse that Romo had his best season in 2014 with an ALL Pro RB who had the best rushing season in cowboys history? Or the great Bill Parcells as HC? Or HOF TO and Witten in their prime?

Seriously, it's astounding that more fans don't see the team differences from 2016 - 2017 and NOT welcome the idea that the TEAM was vastly different.

And, Prescott didn't really do that bad as some suggest. Attempts and INTs went up as rating and completion percentage went down. That should be pretty obvious as to why.
But he passed and ran for the same amount of TDs and only passed for 20 yards a game less.

Yep Prescott sucks. No excuses.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Please. Most QB who start their first 2 years in the league have much more to deal with than Prescott has had in Dallas. Most QB who start right away are high draft picks, because the team that drafted them sucked. They don't have a zeke, smith, lee or Bailey on their team. Their OL is nothing but Chaz Green type players. Dak walked into a perfect situation for a young QB. The fact that he struggled to be effective without all pro talent around him should tell you something. But let's all pretend that Dak is the answer and move on.

The cowboys were drafting #4 overall the year they drafted Dak.

Read that sentence again and then re-think your post.

Reactions: G2

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Yea I agree. But man every time I see him throw a 10 yard out I hold my breath as the ball slowly flutters over there. I’d like to see him attempt more outside go routes just to keep the defense honest. (Mostly because if it gets picked at least it’s down the field a bit instead of a pick 6)
It would help if he had a deep threat other than Butler, IMO

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
Was it an excuse that Romo had his best season in 2014 with an ALL Pro RB who had the best rushing season in cowboys history? Or the great Bill Parcells as HC? Or HOF TO and Witten in their prime?

Seriously, it's astounding that more fans don't see the team differences from 2016 - 2017 and NOT welcome the idea that the TEAM was vastly different.

And, Prescott didn't really do that bad as some suggest. Attempts and INTs went up as rating and completion percentage went down. That should be pretty obvious as to why.
But he passed and ran for the same amount of TDs and only passed for 20 yards a game less.

Yep Prescott sucks. No excuses.

Romo? How’d he get brought into this? Kinda sensitive of The Dak are ya? Lol

khiladi

Reaction score
Take a look at this stat from last year:

This was halfway into the season in regards to Dak’s accuracy, when be was throwing to Dez. For every alleged drop his whiners try and harp on, he was playing DB a whole lot more.

With the Dan Bailey, it’s becoming obviously clear these decisions of who they are releasing are purely about money.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Take a look at this stat from last year:

This was halfway into the season in regards to Dak’s accuracy, particularky when he was throwing to Dez. With the Dan Bailey, it’s becoming obviously clear these decisions of who they are releasing are purely about money.

Cool story, where are the number of passes Bryant volleyed up when they bounced off his hands? Or when he heard footsteps and buckled?

khiladi

Reaction score
Cool story, where are the number of passes Bryant volleyed up when they bounced off his hands? Or when he heard footsteps and buckled?

Those numbers have already been presented and Dez surely wasn’t an anomaly among WRs in terms of drops. This on the other hand is... 3rd in the league.. Dez should have been paid as a TWO WAY player..

Facts hurt when it comes to your boy.. I know..

Tarheelcowboy

Reaction score
You're right. Dak elevated his game and played lights out last year. He made those around him better. Those 3 games last year with less than 10 points and putrid QB play must have been someone else wearing 4.

Now that funny right there.....don't care who you but that's funny !

khiladi

Reaction score
Romo? How’d he get brought into this? Kinda sensitive of The Dak are ya? Lol

Comical this guy...

2014 was the year of Romo’s concepts being implemented and the offense was centered around Romo having multiple run-pass scenarios to choose from, meaning the success of the running game large in part a result of Romo’s own play calling.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Those numbers have already been presented and Dez surely wasn’t an anomaly among WRs in terms of drops. This on the other hand is... 3rd in the league.. Dez should have been paid as a TWO WAY player..

Facts hurt when it comes to your boy.. I know..
Yeah, no. A number 1 WR doesn't get that type of salary with all of the shortcomings.