Dak is way better

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Imagine Romo w this Defense, Cooper & Zeke????
Romo never had a def ranked higher than 26th..several years was worst in NFL...only had 1 real year w a RB.....Murray

Oh, no doubt. I would have LOVED to have seen that. Especially Romo in his prime with that. It'd be brilliant!

C42

Reaction score
Ik I'm a Philly fan, but I'm saying this without being biased. If you truly think Dak is better than Wentz, you haven't watched both play and are just looking at numbers. If Wentz had a star on his helmet you'd say he was better and Dak would be his backup.

KingRah

Reaction score
If romo had this line, Zeke and cooper for 5 years, he’d be a lock for the hall if fame.
Keep in mind, Sean Payton wanted Romo before he had Brees. Imagine if that would've happened.

dallas72

Reaction score
Ik I'm a Philly fan, but I'm saying this without being biased. If you truly think Dak is better than Wentz, you haven't watched both play and are just looking at numbers. If Wentz had a star on his helmet you'd say he was better and Dak would be his backup.
Compare EVERY stat Dak is better...more wins, TDs, less ints...& Wentz has way better WRs and TE

C42

Reaction score
Compare EVERY stat Dak is better...more wins, TDs, less ints...& Wentz has way better WRs and TE
You see that missed throw? Wentz completes that.

Stats never tell the entire story.

KingRah

Reaction score
You see that missed throw? Wentz completes that.

Stats never tell the entire story.
The thing holding Dak back is his deep Ball accuracy. Right now, he's a solid qb that you can win with. He's basically Alex smith. The bright side of it is, he's only in year three. I don't think he will, but he has a chance to take a step forward. If he does, improve his deep ball accuracy and get rid of the ball a half second faster, he'd rise to perennial pro bowler. The question is, can he do it?

Reactions: C42

C42

Reaction score
The thing holding Dak back is his deep Ball accuracy. Right now, he's a solid qb that you can win with. He's basically Alex smith. The bright side of it is, he's only in year three. I don't think he will, but he has a chance to take a step forward. If he does, improve his deep ball accuracy and get rid of the ball a half second faster, he'd rise to perennial pro bowler. The question is, can he do it?
I agree 100% with that. I see him as a game manager at this point in his career.

C42

Reaction score
Sometimes.

No QB in the history of the NFL completes that every time.
More times than not, that’s a completion. Gallup was wide open. We’ve seen him (Dak) miss throws often deep, when he does decide to take those chances.

dallas72

Reaction score
More times than not, that’s a completion. Gallup was wide open. We’ve seen him (Dak) miss throws often deep, when he does decide to take those chances.
Wentz is getting worse....Wince The turnover machine...../4th q choker

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Dak lacks confidence on the field. he talks a good game in interviews, but his plays says he's not confident. If he was, he'd throw those slants when the wr only has a step. What made Romo better than Dak? Was it talent? NO Romo was shorter...

Per NFL.com, both are 6-2.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Imagine Romo w this Defense, Cooper & Zeke????
Romo never had a def ranked higher than 26th..several years was worst in NFL...only had 1 real year w a RB.....Murray

I loved Romo as much as anybody. But exaggeration doesn't help your case.

Per NFL. com, from 2006 through 2014 Dallas' defense was ranked 8th once, 9th twice, 13th, 14th, 19th twice, 23rd and once 32nd. Did he have a great defense ever?

Nope, and that's part of the reason he never won a SB or had multiple playoff wins. But he had top-10 defenses 3 times and top half of the league twice more...

KingRah

Reaction score
I loved Romo as much as anybody. But exaggeration doesn't help your case.

Per NFL. com, from 2006 through 2014 Dallas' defense was ranked 8th once, 9th twice, 13th, 14th, 19th twice, 23rd and once 32nd. Did he have a great defense ever?

Nope, and that's part of the reason he never won a SB or had multiple playoff wins. But he had top-10 defenses 3 times and top half of the league twice more...
He didn’t have Zeke.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Coaches coach according to what their players can do.

As well as what the receivers can do. And I would submit that if you watched all the games you don't see deep middle passes that often for any team, if for no other reason than there's more defensive players in the middle of the field usually.

Besides that, a deep middle pass is easier than a deep out, throwing straight ahead is easier than throwing at an angle. So if Dak can hit passes like last night to Gallup, he should certainly be able to hit somebody straight down the field.

But even if what you say is true, I'll take 24 of 28 passes completed all day....