Dak is way better

KingRah

Reaction score
Actually for his production, based on NFL salaries, he's not overpaid, at least not by much. PFF ranks him as above average. Jerry Hughes of the Bills also gets $9 mil a year, and he's got only 1.5 more sacks this year, and makes about 1 more tackle a game. Carlos Dunlap has 2.5 more sacks and he makes $13 mil a year.

Crawford also can, and has, played both DT and DE. Position flexibility adds to a player's value.

At this point, with the defense playing well, I'd not be too quick to jettison him, perhaps re-work his contract, that'd free up money without losing him...
He’s been overpaid for years z he should make 5 or 6 million.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
He’s been overpaid for years z he should make 5 or 6 million.

And what do you base your viewpoint on? Always difficult to say somebody's "worth" his pay or "overpaid" for his position. Can't just go by stats, have to factor in how good a teammate he is, his versatility, durability and what he brings to the defense - could you replace him with a $6 mil player?

I'm not trying to say you're wrong and I'm right, just curious why you think he's not worth more than $5-6 mil...

KingRah

Reaction score
And what do you base your viewpoint on? Always difficult to say somebody's "worth" his pay or "overpaid" for his position. Can't just go by stats, have to factor in how good a teammate he is, his versatility, durability and what he brings to the defense - could you replace him with a $6 mil player?

I'm not trying to say you're wrong and I'm right, just curious why you think he's not worth more than $5-6 mil...
O you can’t. Fools look at stats only.?he wouldn’t have any stats without d law. I watch him play. 9 million is too much.9 million is pro bowl dt money.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
O you can’t. Fools look at stats only.?he wouldn’t have any stats without d law. I watch him play. 9 million is too much.9 million is pro bowl dt money.

Crawford's salary has him listed as a DE, just to clarify my figures.

2018 NFC Pro Bowl DEs were Everson Griffin, Cameron Jordan and Demarcus Lawrence. Griffin earns an average of $14.5 mil, Jordan an average of $11 mil. Lawrence got $17 mil for this year.

Your Pro Bowl DEs makes way more than $9 mil a year.

But I see your point, if that's your opinion, it's fine, I just don't agree with it, as you won't agree with mine:cool:

KingRah

Reaction score
To any higher level thinkers, the next two off seasons will be the most important of the Jerry Jones era. It can set up up nicely or ruin us for 5 years. I hope jones studies elastic and doesn’t overpay anyone else.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I tried, but you differ understand. Also, I have a heart for people with mental and developmental disorders, so I’ll end this conversation.

I would remind you of rule #8 - You will not personally attack or insult other members.

Can always tell when someone can't support their argument, they resort to name calling...

KingRah

Reaction score
To any higher level thinkers, the next two off seasons will be the most important of the Jerry Jones era. It can set up up nicely or ruin us for 5 years. I hope jones studies elastic and doesn’t overpay anyone else.
I meant I hope jones studies elway.

Reaction score

I was on Tyrone Crawfords case last season because of the salary cap hit. But like you I have come to understand why it is what it is and why he is worth it. Plays multiple positions, stays healthy and doesn't make mistakes. He works hard game in and game out and stops the run. He can play DE and does get shifted out there from time to time. He is worth the money we spend.