Dak led league in "tight window throws" and why this led to league high interceptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenR

Reaction score
They were tight throws because of the lack of anticipation from the QB. Kurt Warner went over Dak's film, no need to blame the receivers for everything. I remember to specific throws from Dak against Niners when both Gallup and Lamb got several steps ahead of their defenders but Dak couldn't connect.
Clowns on this site should listen to Mina Kimes instead of Warner! Makes sense. She's played in the NFL and can break down game film appropriately.

GoldenR

Reaction score
You're so wrong, DD. Dak is tied with Mahomes with the most 400+ passing games since 2016. You don't throw for that amount of such games if you're not a passer. Plus, Dak had never had more than 11 INTs in a season until this season, so this season was a rare outlier, especially since he didn't have any legit receiving weapons around him other than CeeDee playing behind a porous Oline that ranked 28th out of 32 teams when it came to pass blocking win rate. For anyone to claim that Dak is not a passing QB simply hates the player. Plain and obvious.
The only thing plain and obvious is your narrative for Dak. But you give me a good chuckle defending him. Keep it up.

McMicah

Reaction score
You guys are absolutely right. He throws into tight windows….usually when someone else is wide open. Ladies and gentlemen for your consideration TY Hilton running up the seam wide open

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
This is why I want JSN. No right windows cuz the dude is legit
Jaxon Smith-Njigba's 4.48 40 time at his OSU Pro Day was pretty good. Slightly faster than CeeDee and Gallup's 4.51s. JSN's shuttle, 3-cone and broad jump numbers were excellent, showing he has excellent quick burst, good cutting and ability to separate during his route running. Don't know if the Cowboys would target him now that they traded for Brandin Cooks.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Some of those picks were borderline "point shaving", like how the hell do you hit a defender in the chest plate with the ball and he runs it back for a pick six but it gets called back for a penalty and the very next play your throw it again right into the dude's chest plate for yet another pick six, but this one actually counts:huh:

Obviously I am referencing the Washington game.................Dak played so bad that game, literally throwing the ball straight to defenders, that it almost looks like it was on purpose.
That was 1 play, not "some of those picks". No need to exaggerate on purpose.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Some of those picks were borderline "point shaving", like how the hell do you hit a defender in the chest plate with the ball and he runs it back for a pick six but it gets called back for a penalty and the very next play your throw it again right into the dude's chest plate for yet another pick six, but this one actually counts:huh:

Obviously I am referencing the Washington game.................Dak played so bad that game, literally throwing the ball straight to defenders, that it almost looks like it was on purpose.
Think Neil O'Donnell in the '95 Super Bowl. Of course you know I'm no conspiracy person but I've always said that IF there was one, the most effective way to choose winners/keep games close is through greasing the QB. Using refs leaves too much to chance with more of them to corral and needing calls/no calls to materialize at just the right times but the QB can literally influence almost any result you need from end to end.

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak’s accountable for every interception and he is one of the most critical people to make sure the same doesn’t happen again. In some cases he will need to kick a little *** with the WRs, but he absolutely has to be the driver of cleaning it up.

It’s pointless in my opinion, to parse who’s at fault. The same doesn’t generally occur with the other QBs his interceptions are compared to.

If Dak owns up to it like he has, then that’s where it lies. If it improves, he will be the first to be given credit. And should be.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score

This for me goes back to the thing I hate about Dak. He wants to make all the plays. He always wants that extra yard, and sometimes like it said this past season the talent wasn't there to make those tight plays. Hell Lamb wasn't that guy to start the yr. He didn't seem to know when to cut them routes tight in front of the dbs. But he learned and his game took off. But other than him there was nobody else. But Dak kept pushing, instead of just taking what the Def was giving them. And this is think is where the contract got in his head, having him think he has to make every play because of the money he's making.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The only thing plain and obvious is your narrative for Dak. But you give me a good chuckle defending him. Keep it up.
The only thing you give me a chuckle is seeing how much it pains you to realize Dak is not going anywhere anytime soon. Toodle-oo...Hi De Ho...Giggles...

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
No, they weren't. Both INTs against San Fran were not thrown directly at the other team. Our receivers didn't help. Dak wasn't without blame either.
That out route was bad…..Dak has thrown several picks on that route as he’s always late throwing it and the DB breaks on it as the receiver breaks outside and the corner picks it. he threw a couple pic 6s on those routes.

Nexx

Reaction score
according to who? I cant find a resource that has statics on this. Did the QB with the second most tight window throws have the second most interceptions? i need more info.

Adreme

Reaction score
Did Dak take more chances, or did he HAVE to take more chances since guys like Noah Brown and Gallup couldn't get separation?

Just some food for thought.
I tend to have a rule that once is a blip and twice is a trend. To that end Dak has not been one to throw INTs his entire career but suddenly did this year. That is currently a blip and blips should not be overreacted to.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Did Dak take more chances, or did he HAVE to take more chances since guys like Noah Brown and Gallup couldn't get separation?

Just some food for thought

I think he had to. I think Gallup will be a better option this year because he should be healthier than he was last year. His injury occurred at a very unfortunate time, and we were ill-prepared for the length of recovery. Not to mention the camps he had to miss because of his injury. So, he will have a fuller offseason. I think Cooks will be a nice addition for us, and Tolbert might be able to do more this year as it can be difficult for small school WRs to catch on at first. With another camp and the weapons we will have, I think Tolbert might be an improved prospect this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.