Dak led league in "tight window throws" and why this led to league high interceptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Here comes the typical 'defend Dak at all costs' thread by using a known Dallas and Dak defender 'reporter'.

Nothing is ever Dak's fault to some in here.

There are some interceptions that were Dak's fault, such as the interceptions against the 49ers. However, there were some, such as the one that lost us the game against Jacksonville, that were not his fault. There were times when the WRs either didn't run their routes properly or bobbled the ball in the air where it was intercepted. On those instances, that's not Dak's fault. I'd say probably half the interceptions were his fault, and the other half seemed to involve a WR bobbling the ball.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Unreal that you celebrate Dak not going anywhere as if celebrating mediocrity. Well, 2023 is the "No ExcuseTour" after Dallas made the moves they did for Dak.
This stupid “no excuse” stuff makes no sense. Jalen Hurts team is stacked and he gave up a fumble for a touchdown…..but that wasn’t the story. The story is his damn defense sucked and had zero sacks against a man with one leg. Is that a “excuse”? You guys hate Dak so bad…he’s not going anywhere. Sorry. Get use to him or find another team or pray he has a career ending injury….

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Unreal that you celebrate Dak not going anywhere as if celebrating mediocrity. Well, 2023 is the "No ExcuseTour" after Dallas made the moves they did for Dak.

I don't think anyone is denying that about Dak not having any excuses this year. I think Jerry was reluctant about even giving Dak an extension. I think, if Dak doesn't perform this year, he can probably forget about another extension here. It's telling that they only restructured him, as opposed to extending him by a year like they initially indicated.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
There are some interceptions that were Dak's fault, such as the interceptions against the 49ers. However, there were some, such as the one that lost us the game against Jacksonville, that were not his fault. There were times when the WRs either didn't run their routes properly or bobbled the ball in the air where it was intercepted. On those instances, that's not Dak's fault. I'd say probably half the interceptions were his fault, and the other half seemed to involve a WR bobbling the ball.
I don’t get why it has to be so this or that with people. Why can’t people just watch the games and come from it like you? Yeah Dak had issues and also some weren’t his fault.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
This stupid “no excuse” stuff makes no sense. Jalen Hurts team is stacked and he gave up a fumble for a touchdown…..but that wasn’t the story. The story is his damn defense sucked and had zero sacks against a man with one leg. Is that a “excuse”? You guys hate Dak so bad…he’s not going anywhere. Sorry. Get use to him or find another team or pray he has a career ending injury….

I'd say that Jalen Hurts (and a possibly egregious call) did blow the game for Philly. They had control until he fumbled. That said, I do very much like that Dak is our QB. Just wanted to give my thought on this.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't think anyone is denying that about Dak not having any excuses this year. I think Jerry was reluctant about even giving Dak an extension. I think, if Dak doesn't perform this year, he can probably forget about another extension here. It's telling that they only restructured him, as opposed to extending him by a year like they initially indicated.
I think Dak is locked in. If Jerry have Garrett 10 years I can see Dak getting at least 10….

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Here comes the typical 'defend Dak at all costs' thread by using a known Dallas and Dak defender 'reporter'.

Nothing is ever Dak's fault to some in here.
Yep, they need to stop the excuses of the past and focus on the future. The proof will be this year, he's got a new: scheme, caller, running game (probably) and a down field threat.

For me it'll be how he reacts/behaves in times of extreme pressure eg after losing his RB1 and throwing an Int in consecutive plays.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Cowboys receivers who have gone to go play for other teams, these ex-Cowboys had their best career receiving single season under Dak:

Cole Beasley
Amari Cooper
Brice Butler
Cedrick Wilson
Geoff Swaim
By 29 yards did Amari Cooper have his best receiving under Dak....and his second best by 29 yards less was with Jacoby Brissett.....speaks volumes for Dak.

Oh, and Cole Beasley had his best receiving career in Buffalo with 967 yards in 2020.....facts matter.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'd say that Jalen Hurts (and a possibly egregious call) did blow the game for Philly. They had control until he fumbled. That said, I do very much like that Dak is our QB. Just wanted to give my thought on this.
Ehh I agree the fumble hurt but the guy had one of the best performances ever in a SB….not sure how much blame he deserves. He shouldn’t have to play flawless to beat a team.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I think Dak is locked in. If Jerry have Garrett 10 years I can see Dak getting at least 10….

On one hand, I can see that. However, I get the sense that Jerry is trying to go all in this year. At least similar to what Philly did last year. Dak has been here for 7 seasons. So, you're probably right that he's going to get about 10. We will see what happens. Hopefully, we will win the SB this year. I like what we've been building.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak leads the NFL with fans who come up with lame excuses for his deteriorating skill set. :thumbup:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Ehh I agree the fumble hurt but the guy had one of the best performances ever in a SB….not sure how much blame he deserves. He shouldn’t have to play flawless to beat a team.
Fur sure, but, when you're playing the Chiefs, you do have to play nearly flawless. They're a hard enough team to beat without errors.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Not celebrating anything. Just playing the haters' game to see how they like it.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
By 29 yards did Amari Cooper have his best receiving under Dak....and his second best by 29 yards less was with Jacoby Brissett.....speaks volumes for Dak.

Oh, and Cole Beasley had his best receiving career in Buffalo with 967 yards in 2020.....facts matter.
Yes, but Beasley recently said he played his best football under Dak. Facts matter.

glimmerman

Reaction score
He usually is close to the top in tight window throws. He needs to use his legs more to roll out and either buy more time or take off. The injury would be enough to make anyone think twice but the second int in the playoffs in the red zone was a perfect opportunity in the game to use his legs and pick up a easy first down instead of forcing a bad ball on 2nd and 1..

USArmyVet

Reaction score
How did Hurts, who led the Eagles to 35 points and a 24-14 halftime lead, cost them the game?

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Yes, but Beasley recently said he played his best football under Dak. Facts matter.
Stats = facts
Feelings = not facts

Here is your statement: "Cowboys receivers who have gone to go play for other teams, these ex-Cowboys had their best career receiving single season under Dak"

You listed Beasley as an example and you were wrong based on your statement.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
How did Hurts, who led the Eagles to 35 points and a 24-14 halftime lead, cost them the game?

Let me ask you this. Suppose Dak were to have led the team to 35 points and a 24-14 lead in that same exact scenario, but he had a fumble that started the shift in momentum that led to the Cowboy losing the Super Bowl. Would you say that the fumble cost the Cowboys the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.