Dak led league in "tight window throws" and why this led to league high interceptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haimerej

Reaction score
or bad throws could be long and away and it doesn't count. it goes both ways.

its the same way they measured everyone. but somehow for Dak its bad throws and we have these all world WRs like Noah brown that do acrobatics to make catches, like allowing the ball hit them in their hands and play volleyball!!!
I never said it's because of Dak. I said the only people who tout it are Dak fans.

conner01

Reaction score
Did Dak take more chances, or did he HAVE to take more chances since guys like Noah Brown and Gallup couldn't get separation?

Just some food for thought.
I think Moore encouraged him to take more risks. Seems crazy when you have a good defense. If your defense is giving up huge points then you have to take risks. But there is no reason to take risks when you have a good defense. Play field position and force opponent to drive a long field. Take what’s given

DandyDon52

Reaction score
true, but if managed right by a decent experienced playcaller, he can be very good. We saw this in 2016. Dak didnt just forget how to throw accurately. He in fact was in the top 2 in the entire league in 2016 with his accuracy. We called the right plays at the right time.
by a decent experienced playcaller.....that was linehan the guy who many here wanted fired lol.
In 2016 dak did not throw as much, it took him awhile before he even hit the 200 yds a game mark.
Mostly they ran the ball, and had elliot in his first and only great year.

Dak was just a good bus driver and didnt turn it over much due to less passing, and short passes.
Also in 16 he ran way more and was effective at that

Then they got rid of linehan, and started having dak pass more and more , and he just isnt a passing qb.
They also started wanting him to run less , so they lost that element that he was good at/

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Tight throws or not it’s his decision making. I’m sorry but the int before halftime of the 49ers playoff game was one of the worst plays of the year. Reason being was it was very poor situational throw. Forget that Moore called a pass play there…. Ultimately it’s on dak to make a decision.

2nd and 2 and he forces a throw? Not only forces it but gives the 49ers a chance to score points. (Which they did).

That was a huge momentum swing in that game. There are times to take chances and others there aren’t. He needed to be smarter and play situational football. He didn’t
This is a good hard take. Very justifiable. Thank you for this explanation.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
by a decent experienced playcaller.....that was linehan the guy who many here wanted fired lol.
In 2016 dak did not throw as much, it took him awhile before he even hit the 200 yds a game mark.
Mostly they ran the ball, and had elliot in his first and only great year.

Dak was just a good bus driver and didnt turn it over much due to less passing, and short passes.
Also in 16 he ran way more and was effective at that

Then they got rid of linehan, and started having dak pass more and more , and he just isnt a passing qb.
They also started wanting him to run less , so they lost that element that he was good at/
You're so wrong, DD. Dak is tied with Mahomes with the most 400+ passing games since 2016. You don't throw for that amount of such games if you're not a passer. Plus, Dak had never had more than 11 INTs in a season until this season, so this season was a rare outlier, especially since he didn't have any legit receiving weapons around him other than CeeDee playing behind a porous Oline that ranked 28th out of 32 teams when it came to pass blocking win rate. For anyone to claim that Dak is not a passing QB simply hates the player. Plain and obvious.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Big flipping deal.... I want him to lead the league in playoff wins.
We all do. It takes a team to win playoff games. You know that. Hopefully this 2023 season will be a better one with the free agent moves made so far.

CWR

Reaction score
Did Dak take more chances, or did he HAVE to take more chances since guys like Noah Brown and Gallup couldn't get separation?

Just some food for thought.

Both and his refusal to take chances at the end year before was a big part of our downfall.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
some of the interceptions were bad. really bad.
Some of those picks were borderline "point shaving", like how the hell do you hit a defender in the chest plate with the ball and he runs it back for a pick six but it gets called back for a penalty and the very next play your throw it again right into the dude's chest plate for yet another pick six, but this one actually counts:huh:

Obviously I am referencing the Washington game.................Dak played so bad that game, literally throwing the ball straight to defenders, that it almost looks like it was on purpose.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I'm not a huge anti-Dak dude, but "Tight window throws" is a really, REALLY silly and subjective, made-up stat
I'm not blaming the OP, as he is just forwarding someone else's work.
But come on....
So many things go into making a window "tighter" than it should be. Several (not all, obviously) of those things are QB related.
It's just nonsense

Status
Not open for further replies.