Dak, like Romo, is a garbage stat QB

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Literally the polar OPPOSITE of garbage time stats

maxresdefault.jpg
I need to steal. I get tired of looking it up everytime idiots say "choker".

Yep he lost a few Heartbreakers. We wouldn't have been that close without him. Shootout with manning a good example. Most qbs would have wilted in that barrage.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Yep. Romo made things happen. Dak waits for things to happen.

This is pretty much it. Romo could make plays. Sometimes that would backfire, sure, but he could make a play. Dak doesn't really do that save for the occasional run. Romo was much more elusive in the pocket as well so he could extend plays. Dak really doesn't do that either.

starfan1

Reaction score
One key difference is Romo often tried to do too much with too little around him although admittedly he made some boneheaded decisions regardless. Whilst Prescott hasn't always had a good defense like this season, he hasn't played on any bad teams and has largely always had a running game unlike Romo.

I know Witten and TO, Dez, Austin and Murray were terrible. The combination of Julius and Barber were awful. Even Felix Jones was terrible. The pro bowlers he had on the line were awful. Crayton gets a bad rap for the one play he missed or the excuse I hear for years but the dude made a alot of plays for Romo. The line had wasnt always the phil costa and kyle kosiers of the world.

Romo was Brett Favre wanna be and he accomplished jack just like this QB has done thus far.

Aven8

Reaction score
I think you are confusing personality with leadership. Dak knows how to be boys with guys his age. But you don’t make decisions based on that. A lot of guys on the Packers can’t stand AR.

Romo finally had a roster and Garrett out of the way and the Jones back-stabbed him period for this mediocrity.

JG wasn’t out of his way. And Romo got hurt at Seattle that PS. You know I was Romo’s biggest fan like you. They made the right choice that year to stick with Dak.

GINeric

Reaction score
No, Jerry thought he could get by on Dak’s cheaper contract, surrounded by all this talent.

Jerry has made plenty of bone-headed moves you Dak-stans blame for Dak’s failures. Suddenly when it comes to the decision about starting Dak, because he’s more ‘hip’ with guts like Zeke, Jerry is suddenly a genius to you guys..

I dont care how you weak coward *** Dak haters try to dress it up. Dak TOOK Romo's job. Point, blank, period.....

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak didn't need to carry his jockstrap.... he did better than that. He TOOK Romo's job. Nuff said....
Out of superstition.

That team.....especially zeke....made it so dak didn't have to do anything special.

Don't put Tony back in....we're winning. Because of dak? No.....Superstition.....
Tony's last drive showed you what he could do eith this team. I give credit to dak....he handled it well ....and allowed Romo to finally....fully heal.

lqmac1

Reaction score
Pro Bowlers is meaningless, because a third is voted by the fans. Whenever Dallas has a winning record, they have multiple pro bowlers. Anybody that brings up pro-bowlers as some evidence of talent has no business talking about player personnel.

One of those pro bowlers was Andre Gurode..
Gurode was touted as a pretty good center. Ken Hamlin was another one, he wasn’t a household name, but he played really well that year and earned his spot.

If what you’re saying is true, there would be a lot more than 5 Pro Bowlers from our team this year as we easily have the largest fanbase.

We were 8-8 for damn near a decade and it was always talked about due to the talent of our rosters. We had some players man, just admit it.

Ware (HOF), Witt(HOF), T.O(HOF), Barber, Hatcher, Ratliff, L. Davis, Dez (Best receiver since Irvin to this day), Murray, Austin, S. Lee. He didn’t have Zack Martin & Tyron Smith, but he had guys like Leonard Davis, Mark Colombo along with Gurode.

Edit: He actually did have Tyron Smith (HOF) & for 2 years Zack Martin (HOF). Brain fart

Last edited:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I dont care how you weak coward *** Dak haters try to dress it up. Dak TOOK Romo's job. Point, blank, period.....
I don't hate dak....and just gave him some good credit.

But I'm not sure dak did anything special to win games....other than not lose them. Hand off to zeke?
But I suppose NOW....wins aren't a team stat?

Reaction score
This is pretty much it. Romo could make plays. Sometimes that would backfire, sure, but he could make a play. Dak doesn't really do that save for the occasional run. Romo was much more elusive in the pocket as well so he could extend plays. Dak really doesn't do that either.

Agreed. Romo had some bad teams around him so being able to create was a big help,,, and really that's a prerequisite for a top tier QB because all the NFL teams have flaws and good defenses will always punch you in the face,,, if you can't counterpunch and rise to the occasion then failure is imminent.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gurode was touted as a pretty good center. Ken Hamlin was another one, he wasn’t a household name, but he played really well that year and earned his spot.

If what you’re saying is true, there would be a lot more than 5 Pro Bowlers from our team this year as we easily have the largest fanbase.

We were 8-8 for damn near a decade and it was always talked about due to the talent of our rosters. We had some players man, just admit it.

Ware (HOF), Witt(HOF), T.O(HOF), Barber, Hatcher, Ratliff, L. Davis, Dez (Best receiver since Irvin to this day), Murray, Austin, S. Lee. He didn’t have Zack Martin & Tyron Smith, but he had guys like Leonard Davis, Mark Colombo along with Gurode.
You forgot Patrick crayton.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Yesterdays stats are not garbage time stats. We got within 3 points with 4 to play…if our lousy defence gets us the ball back we win…that’s the bottom line. Dan Quinn and this defence let the team down, again…

lqmac1

Reaction score
You forgot Patrick crayton.
I didn’t forget him, but he wasn’t one of the major players. He was serviceable. I still haven’t forgiven him about that would be touchdown if he didn’t give up on the route and the crucial drop he had in the 2007 wildcard game against the Giants.

GINeric

Reaction score
I don't hate dak....and just gave him some good credit.

But I'm not sure dak did anything special to win games....other than not lose them. Hand off to zeke?
But I suppose NOW....wins aren't a team stat?

You said Dak never did anything special to win games???

Yeah ok. Its no need to even address that nonsense.

Swagger

Reaction score
Yesterdays stats are not garbage time stats. We got within 3 points with 4 to play…if our lousy defence gets us the ball back we win…that’s the bottom line. Dan Quinn and this defence let the team down, again…
The #1 offense putting 7 points on the board after 3 quarters lost the game coupled with the crucial turnover by Prescott given he was playing risk averse football throughout.

Nexx

Reaction score

our lousy defense kept our inept offense in the game. too many 3 and outs, plus being horrible on 3rd down put the defense in a bad spot for most of the game.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You said Dak never did anything special to win games???

Yeah ok. Its no need to even address that nonsense.
I don't recall many heroics in the 2016 season.

If you want to refresh me.....instead of over reacting....okay.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn’t forget him, but he wasn’t one of the major players. He was serviceable. I still haven’t forgiven him about that would be touchdown if he didn’t give up on the route and the crucial drop he had in the 2007 wildcard game against the Giants.
My point exactly. Romo had several "serviceable " wrs....that's a generous term. Certainly never had what dak has now.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Romo created the system and you build around him. With Dak he is a system QB where you have to run things to fit him to *try* and get his potential. He was missing wide open players. Throwing balls that are not catchable, he is afraid to run with the ball even though he has decent speed for a large guy. He is starting to finally run again, but he was playing scared, and injuries do play a role mentally. Romo and Dak are not in the same class though.
What bugs me is that dak doesn’t complete his passes to receivers in stride. They have to fight the ball on the way in. Which hurts yac ability

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
The bad news - this is the worst post of the year.

The good news - the year is still young.

Keep trying!