Dak, like Romo, is a garbage stat QB

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
Trolled up a hater here.
Usually heart broken girls move on.

So, did he or did he not play awful in those games? Did he or did he not choke away a No. 1 seed and home field with a terrible performance against the Giants?

Swagger

Reaction score
Oh, the Seahawks wild card loss, the Giants Divisional loss at home, the Divisional loss at Minnesota.

Not to mention all the countless non-playoff games he choked away.
Divisional loss vs Minnesota...no QB in the history of the game could have won behind the Cowboys' offensive line that day.

Giants game at home - the game is won if Crayton does his job. Against a good defense and eventually SB champions, Romo made the play to win the game but sadly he couldn't catch his own pass.

Seattle game - when he dropped the ball as a holder? Fair enough. That was a bad mistake. But why he was even doing it is beyond me, the error didn't come from playing as a QB and he would have made the first down or endzone if the kicker (from memory) had put in a regulation block. However, he was let down by his teammate which would be a common theme during his tenure.

But hey keep hating if it helps get you through the day.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Divisional loss vs Minnesota...no QB in the history of the game could have won behind the Cowboys' offensive line that day.

Giants game at home - the game is won if Crayton does his job. Against a good defense and eventually SB champions, Romo made the play to win the game but sadly he couldn't catch his own pass.

Seattle game - when he dropped the ball as a holder? Fair enough. That was a bad mistake. But why he was even doing it is beyond me, the error didn't come from playing as a QB and he would have made the first down or endzone if the kicker (from memory) had put in a regulation block. However, he was let down by his teammate which would be a common theme during his tenure.

Thanks for driving on that one!

khiladi

Reaction score
Gurode was touted as a pretty good center. Ken Hamlin was another one, he wasn’t a household name, but he played really well that year and earned his spot.

If what you’re saying is true, there would be a lot more than 5 Pro Bowlers from our team this year as we easily have the largest fanbase.

We were 8-8 for damn near a decade and it was always talked about due to the talent of our rosters. We had some players man, just admit it.

Ware (HOF), Witt(HOF), T.O(HOF), Barber, Hatcher, Ratliff, L. Davis, Dez (Best receiver since Irvin to this day), Murray, Austin, S. Lee. He didn’t have Zack Martin & Tyron Smith, but he had guys like Leonard Davis, Mark Colombo along with Gurode.

Edit: He actually did have Tyron Smith (HOF) & for 2 years Zack Martin (HOF). Brain fart

He was touted as a pretty good center in 2007, meaning when Romo was carrying the squad.

Columbo was a journeyman, Kosier was as well, Leonard Davis was a bust, Gurode played multiple years as well. None of these guys were considered premier players at their respective positions and like I said, they only made the pro bowl, because Dallas was winning and Romo made them look better than they actually were.

Basically, you just proves my point by listing journeymen guys that happened to make the pro bowl the year Romo starter.

Bradie James even made the pro bowl, despite the fact the year before, he was getting lot up in pass coverage. We had the slowest LB core in the history of the league and they couldn’t run with anybody in pass coverage, aka Akin Ayodele.

Like I said, these were nothing but over-rated players touted as something special the year of 2007 when Romo put the team back on the map.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, did he or did he not play awful in those games? Did he or did he not choke away a No. 1 seed and home field with a terrible performance against the Giants?
It's irrelevant now.....long ago in the past.

But....as I said.....you hold dak to the same standard and none of this team game crap...only when it's convenient.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score

Just curious, do you make these same excuses for Dak when the Cowboys lose? Did you give Dak the benefit of the doubt of the offensive line getting manhandled in Kansas City this season? Or us winning the Raiders or Bucs games where Dak put up big numbers, if our kicker could simply make a kick?

Did Dak get those same "what if" excuses from you in those games?

Let's not even go into non-playoff games. Romo's 3 INT blunder in Pittsburgh in 2008, followed by 3 turnovers in the finale at Texas Stadium against Baltimore, followed by 2 turnovers to hand the Eagles a Wild Card spot in an embarrassing blowout.

Has Dak ever had a string of abject failure like that? And what are the excuses for those games?

lk8701

Reaction score
Dak seems to be similar to Romo in being a QB who puts up good stats and wins against average teams and also puts up good stats against good teams but it seems to be late game catchup stats which ultimately come up short after falling behind early.

Romo = Russell Westbrook. Take the good with the bad.

Dak = Paul George. Very good but not elite.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Nothing like a hate thread towards the best two quarterbacks after Aikman. Move on to another team if you dispise Dak. You won't be missed.
Your ride is here!
short-bus-243553.jpg
No you didn't! :lmao2:
Romo = Russell Westbrook. Take the good with the bad.

Dak = Paul George. Very good but not elite.
:facepalm:

dckid

Reaction score
Dak seems to be similar to Romo in being a QB who puts up good stats and wins against average teams and also puts up good stats against good teams but it seems to be late game catchup stats which ultimately come up short after falling behind early.
I have always said Dak and Romo are functionally equivalent at the end of the day. I think Romo was more talented it the end results are actually worst with him. Romo to me is remembered for his crazy losses vs his big wins. I loved him as our QB.

Swagger

Reaction score
There is also one big point that some people forget especially when it comes to stats for quarterbacks over the past 5 years...compared with before the rule changes, defenders basically cannot touch the QB anymore. It's a lot easier to stand in the pocket knowing that defenders are thinking twice about laying the wood on them in case they get called for a 15 yard penalty. It's very much a QB friendly league now.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
While there is truth to this, it’s not quite what you are making it out to be. If the defense gets a stop and Dallas gets the ball back- those aren’t garbage points anymore. Dallas can win the game. Easily. It’s not his fault the D didn’t get the ball back. I’m not absolving Dak of any blame, there is plenty to go around. But the last td wasn’t garbage time.

But didn’t the d get him the ball back the drive before daks fumble?

That’s the problem with people they look stats. In reality ppl talked about what a great year dak was having last year before being hurt. Without context he played four healthy games.

Week 1 against the rams… didn’t do much. Ok great defense that’s fine.

Week 2 against the falcons were down 30-9 at half before we come back.

week 3 Seahawks …. Dak throws for a lot of yards again. But makes a crucial mistake end of both halves.

week 4….. down 41-14 before dak puts up numbers in the 4th quarter.

Point is…. Dak is good…. But there are stretches in half his games where his offenses struggle. It’s wildly inconsistent. Va the broncos… chiefs and last night we struggled at times to even get first downs. Let alone score. Until dak become more consistent over 4 quarters we won’t win games

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Love how the narrative has been changed about Romo to discredit Dak. I think both are/were really good and any fans thag don’t realize that are stupid.
Yep....a pity we have pit them against each other. Couple underdogs giving it up for us. Sit around and do this like children.

khiladi

Reaction score
Put it this way. By 2010, the “vaunted” Cowboys OL, the one that got Romo completely obliterated and led to Wade Phillips being fired, was the oldest in the league. Romo was basically injured because of another example of a free blitzer running wide open to lay Romo out.

Columbo, Davis, Gurode and Kosier were ALL 32 years old and Free, their fourth starter was the youngest at 26. Not a single one lasted three more years in the league. If you count the backups like Holland who was 30 and Costa who was 23 and Barron 28, it still was over 30 years old as a whole.

By 2016, the average age was 26 years old.

Tyron Smith is now around 30-31 and all the Dak-stans claiming it’s his fault, say he’s too old and washed. That’s the whole line of average guys Romo was carrying.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
LOL @ all the Romo excuses. Dude never won anything yet these guys swing off his nuts like he was all world. Danny White is the 3rd best QB in Cowboys history and it’s not even close. Romo is a distant 4th. I’ll give him this, no one ever expected him to hit a home run as a broadcaster. Hats off to him for making the most of his post NFL career.

btcutter

Reaction score
If Romo would just would have had Dak’s leadership, he would have been unstoppable.[

Leadership is important as a coach, GM and maybe owner but it’s the most overrated attribute as a professional athlete.

Name the top QBs in the current NFL and how many are “true leaders”? Some aren’t even well liked by their teammates.

Give me 2015 Romo. The one that have matured and finally understood not every plays need to be a big play and there’s a time and place to take chances. That Romo was playing at elite level. He can dissect D and deliver the ball.