Dak, like Romo, is a garbage stat QB

lqmac1

Reaction score
My point exactly. Romo had several "serviceable " wrs....that's a generous term. Certainly never had what dak has now.
Gallup and Lamb are serviceable. Neither one of them is a #1.

We’re so desperate in trying to convince our self that Lamb is the next 88 great and he just isn’t, not yet at least. He hasn’t improved whatsoever since his rookie year

Dez is levels above Cooper, Dez was an absolute stud of a receiver. Witten is LEVELS above Schultz. TO is also levels above Cooper. I’d say Austin and Cooper are equal. Not to mention, DeMarco Murray was an All Pro running back and Marion Barber wasn’t too shabby either.

Romo had weapons! Really good ones too.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He had HOFers.
How many 1st round picks on a single team?

Dak has 2 1st round WRs, very high 1st round RB (sure...struggling....as is everyone), still has a couple on the o-line.

Which HoFers are you talking about?

Romo made a lot of guys better. Even miles had trouble in cleveland.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gallup and Lamb are serviceable. Neither one of them is a #1.

We’re so desperate in trying to convince our self that Lamb is the next 88 great and he just isn’t, not yet at least. He hasn’t improved whatsoever since his rookie year

Dez is levels above Cooper, Dez was an absolute stud of a receiver. Witten is LEVELS above Schultz. TO is also levels above Cooper. I’d say Austin and Cooper are equal. Not to mention, DeMarco Murray was an All Pro running back and Marion Barber wasn’t too shabby either.

Romo had weapons! Really good ones too.

thank you for the Lamb correction. People did think he fell out of 1.

I am not arguing their production. It's a TEAM game, remember? How good was miles in cleveland?

How good did Romo make OTHER players...witten included? Do you think Gronk would have came out of retirement for anyone but his buddy? He knows the score. He knows brady makes other guys better.

How good does Dak make OTHER players? I am not say a lot or none. It's a rhetorical question...food for thought?

lqmac1

Reaction score
thank you for the Lamb correction. People did think he fell out of 1.

I am not arguing their production. It's a TEAM game, remember? How good was miles in cleveland?

How good did Romo make OTHER players...witten included? Do you think Gronk would have came out of retirement for anyone but his buddy? He knows the score. He knows brady makes other guys better.

How good does Dak make OTHER players? I am not say a lot or none. It's a rhetorical question...food for thought?
I completely agree. I thought Romo was a great quarterback. I’m not bashing Romo. I don’t bash and hate on players of my favorite team, it’s stupid.

I would say that he’s made Cooper a better receiver. Also, Austin went to Cleveland, Philly and all these other teams towards the tail end of his career. Like I said, Austin and Cooper are equal in my eyes.

Dak doesn’t have a Dez or TO. Those two were almost unguardable, they were open even when they were covered that’s how dynamic and good they were when the ball was in the air.

I do wish that Dak would take a little bit of Romo‘s gunslinger mentality and throw it up sometimes with faith in his receivers. We are hoping that Lamb can become that dynamic jump ball receiver, but I’d be lying if I said I’m as hopeful as I was when we first drafted him.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
Dak can’t carry the jock strap of Romo..

Romo was actually carrying garbage at almost every position outside a skill position here and there are various times, as well as Jason Garrett as a PLAY CALLER while Dak has been dragging a talented team down..

Amazing the mental gymnastics that some do to make excuses for a perennial choker QB in Romo.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I completely agree. I thought Romo was a great quarterback. I’m not bashing Romo. I don’t bash and hate on players of my favorite team, it’s stupid.

I would say that he’s made Cooper a better receiver. Also, Austin went to Cleveland, Philly and all these other teams towards the tail end of his career. Like I said, Austin and Cooper are equal in my eyes.

Dak doesn’t have a Dez or TO. Those two were almost unguardable, they were open even when they were covered that’s how dynamic and good they were when the ball was in the air.

I do wish that Dak would take a little bit of Romo‘s gunslinger mentality and throw it up sometimes with faith in his receivers. We are hoping that Lamb can become that dynamic jump ball receiver, but I’d be lying if I said I’m as hopeful as I was when we first drafted him.
Fair enough.

I didn't mean to imply Tony had nobody's.
Just my opinion not all this on a single team.

Last edited:

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

I'm not sure that Dak has the faith in himself atm.

Redline360

Reaction score
If Romo didn't waste his career in Dallas and played for an actual football organization no doubt in my mind he would be a superbowl champion easily.

Romo was the system you build around. Dak is a system quarterback who everyone hopes drives the bus in a straight line

Romo gets hate for the late game INT but couldn't be further from the truth once you look at the big picture. He played with tons of trash. In those 8-8 seasons the only reason we come close to .500 is because of Romo. If that was Dak leading those trash teams he would look like the current Giants

Last edited:

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
I guess it depends on how you look at it.
Not sure which games you are talking about.

Hold dak to that same standard.

Oh, the Seahawks wild card loss, the Giants Divisional loss at home, the Divisional loss at Minnesota.

Not to mention all the countless non-playoff games he choked away.