Dak lost this game

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score
Good call. It had nothing to do with zero run game and constant pressure, wrs dropping balls or costly penalties by our awesome oline.

It was all on the young qb.

When does he stop being the "young" QB?

The coaching needs gutted and draft a QB in first round to sit behind Dak for a year. I saw lots of open WR's that Tony Romo pointed out multiple times.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

DqEWcDMUUAEBKP2.jpg

Gallup, Zeke, and Swaim were open

That sack fumble did not need to happen!

Dak lost this game

The DB was right behind covering Swaim. You just can't see him in this picture above.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah thats football though... sorry but connor made a terrible crippling mistake...

A mistake that was amplified times 100 by dak not at the minimum throwing the ball away to allow us to punt and play defense and get the ball back!

Remember we still had all 3 time outs there with about 6 mins left on the clock only down 3! It wasn't a must score moment! That's on Dak
No....that's not football. You can't commit a penalty at that time. Bad teams and bad coached teams do that.

Now if you want to argue that teams do that and get away with it and it doesn't get called? Fair enough. But let's don't rag on Dak for his stupid play and write off Conner's play as "that's just football" because isn't.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Sure if you want to blame him for it go ahead,as that was one of the most lazy dumb plays I’ve seen in awhile. I still think this team had L written all over it from the get go.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
When does he stop being the "young" QB?

The coaching needs gutted and draft a QB in first round to sit behind Dak for a year. I saw lots of open WR's that Tony Romo pointed out multiple times.
Romo pointed it out what 1 or 2 times? That's not "multiple" times as you are insinuating.

Try again.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
This is crap. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Dak get a 1st down and a flag was thrown on the offensive line and he had to get 14 yards? Yeah the fumble was bad but you are changing the narrative of what really happened. Dak tried to make a play happen and was trying to get a first down. Sure going to Swaim here would've been far better than getting a sack fumble but the guy was trying to turn nothing into something.
It's the same things people were saying about Romo when a game ending INT would occur. But rest or is knew he didn't have many other options, he was all they had. Our running game did squat today, and receivers barely get any YAC. He tried to force it but didn't work. I prefer that over quitting like our coach did

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It's the same things people were saying about Romo when a game ending INT would occur. But rest or is knew he didn't have many other options, he was all they had. Our running game did squat today, and receivers barely get any YAC. He tried to force it but didn't work. I prefer that over quitting like our coach did
Well I'll say that. This was a very Romo-esque game today by Dak. One of those games you look up and see it seems like he's the only one out there that's trying. Except instead of a interception it was a fumble for 7.

dwreck27

Reaction score
No....that's not football. You can't commit a penalty at that time. Bad teams and bad coached teams do that.

Now if you want to argue that teams do that and get away with it and it doesn't get called? Fair enough. But let's don't rag on Dak for his stupid play and write off Conner's play as "that's just football" because isn't.

Idk what to tell you man lol

Either way the game was still more than winnable at that point!

There was still 6mins left to go in the 4th quarter.. we still had all 3 Time outs... our Defense was playing lights out..

That was a stupid play because we at worse even if he missed all his WRs he throws it away we punt... Defense shuts the skins out like the did they punt back to us and bam we get a chance to tie it 13-13 or out right win the game with Timeouts in our back pocket!

Thats not a smart football play to allow the other team to go up 2 scores!

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
So, anyways,

Any comment on the picture directly above with the wide open guys prior to the fumble in the end zone?

No, I'd rather talk about a holding penalty 3 minutes into the game. Serves my narrative better

Sets the tone for the game don’t you think? You gotta give your qb something other than the view of the next Commander coming at him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Idk what to tell you man lol

Either way the game was still more than winnable at that point!

There was still 6mins left to go in the 4th quarter.. we still had all 3 Time outs... our Defense was playing lights out..

That was a stupid play because we at worse even if he missed all his WRs he throws it away we punt... Defense shuts the skins out like the did they punt back to us and bam we get a chance to tie it 13-13 or out right win the game with Timeouts in our back pocket!

Thats not a smart football play to allow the other team to go up 2 scores!
I agree it was a stupid play. Never disagreed with that. Very stupid on Dak's part. Smarter to even take the safety then it is to do what he did. I'm just disagreeing that there were receivers open there. It was 3rd and 14 if I'm not mistaken. He was trying to make a play and not throw a 2 yard pass to the tight end we seem to do all the time when its 3rd and long.

khiladi

Reaction score
The absolute worse thing you want to do in that scenario was exactly what Dak did...

BoysForLife

Reaction score
The DB was right behind covering Swaim. You just can't see him in this picture above.

That may be true but if the ball is out and on swaim the minute he breaks it out, that's a completion

Part of being an upper echelon NFL QB is seeing this ahead of time. That's open in the nfl

This is part of the reason people complain about dak being late on reads and throws imo