Dak lost this game

dwreck27

Reaction score
I agree it was a stupid play. Never disagreed with that. Very stupid on Dak's part. Smarter to even take the safety then it is to do what he did. I'm just disagreeing that there were receivers open there. It was 3rd and 14 if I'm not mistaken. He was trying to make a play and not throw a 2 yard pass to the tight end we seem to do all the time when its 3rd and long.

Your kidding right? ive shown over and over Swaim was open in the flat for at minimum a easy 1st down...

Zeke was open as a check down

Gallup was open after his double move but of course Dak has zero anticipation on that throw

That 2 yard play was open for more than that... if anything remember the down

6 mins left in the 4th quarter only down by 3 points... all three time outs in our back pocket with a defense that was playing lights out!

You didnt have to win/tie the game on that throw or drive! lol

kevm3

Reaction score
Your kidding right? ive shown over and over Swaim was open in the flat for at minimum a easy 1st down...

Gallup was open after his double move but of course Dak has zero anticipation on that throw

6 mins left in the 4th quarter only down by 3 points... all three time outs in our back pocket with a defense that was playing lights out!

We were in field goal range to end the game and had time to take a shot into the endzone if Garrett didn't play scared, so please tell me how that lone play lost us the game since you keep bringing it up.

ClintDagger

Reaction score
1 fumble for a TD....

Another fumble....

Missed wide open WRs all night.....fixed:rolleyes:

DqE4Rb0W4AsX2Pp.jpg
This week’s film is going to be really bad for Dak. He missed open guys all day long. I know he does that on the regular but this time I think it’s going to be more egregious than ever.

Cmac

Reaction score
JG word of the day....."efficient"......something he ain't been.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
That may be true but if the ball is out and on swaim the minute he breaks it out, that's a completion

Part of being an upper echelon NFL QB is seeing this ahead of time. That's open in the nfl

This is part of the reason people complain about dak being late on reads and throws imo
Looks like you folks are failing to understand the "progression" (planned/trained looking from one, two to three receivers to find the open receiver) that is practiced and coached for Dak. Go over that play and other plays. Those receivers are not open many of the times when Dak looks their way before changing his view to another receiver. I agree Dak needs to improve on understanding which receiver will likely have the best chance to get open based on the formation or scheme a defense is using, but if going by his trained progression, many times the receivers are not open or well covered when Dak initially looks at them.

dwreck27

Reaction score
We were in field goal range to end the game and had time to take a shot into the endzone if Garrett didn't play scared, so please tell me how that lone play lost us the game since you keep bringing it up.

Lets see

Game was 10-13 we were losing... We still have 6mins left in the 4th quarter... 3 timeouts and a lights out defense

After that it was 10-20 we were now down by two scores?

That lost us the game more than a gutless Garrett... Thats 7 points.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

How is Swaim open for the 1st down? What are you even talking about? He wasn't going to shake past defenders and get that 1st down. Defense wasn't playing lights out either. Its almost like you watched a completely different game.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
How is Swaim open for the 1st down? What are you even talking about? He wasn't going to shake past defenders and get that 1st down. Defense wasn't playing lights out either. Its almost like you watched a completely different game.
He just hates Dak so much, he can't help himself from making up BS statements.

I guess that's how he deals with his pain/anger? Poor guy.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Looks like you folks are failing to understand the "progression" (planned/trained looking from one, two to three receivers to find the open receiver) that is practiced and coached for Dak. Go over that play and other plays. Those receivers are not open many of the times when Dak looks their way before changing his view to another receiver. I agree Dak needs to improve on understanding which receiver will likely have the best chance to get open based on the formation or scheme a defense is using, but if going by his trained progression, many times the receivers are not open or well covered when Dak initially looks at them.

How do we know Swaim isn't the first read here?

I think we agree Zeke as the check down isn't the first read but Swaim could be

dwreck27

Reaction score
DqEWcDMUUAEBKP2.jpg

Swaim was wide open and had room to pick up some yards

The defense gave up 13 points... 1 TD and two FGs

If you only give up 13 points in this Offensive happy NFL you should win... hell the Browns scored 20+ points today lol

kevm3

Reaction score
Lets see

Game was 10-13 we were losing... We still have 6mins left in the 4th quarter... 3 timeouts and a lights out defense

After that it was 10-20 we were now down by two scores?

That lost us the game more than a gutless Garrett... Thats 7 points.

And guess who scored us 7 points right after we went down 10 to 20 to make it 17 to 20 and then gets the ball back and puts us back in field goal range.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
How do we know Swaim isn't the first read here?

I think we agree Zeke as the check down isn't the first read but Swaim could be
None of us know, which is why you guys should not be so quick to judge because you are pre-judging and blaming without knowing for a fact.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
None of us know, which is why you guys should not be so quick to judge because you are pre-judging and blaming without knowing for a fact.

sorry bro not trying to be combative but you need to watch the video that dwreck just posted directly above. Swaim does not have a defensive back bracketing him. He chipped and then released out into the flat. He is literally uncovered and wide open

Prescott had plenty of time to see him and hit him

Your statement about a DB covering him just off camera is simply not accurate if you watch the video

dwreck27

Reaction score
And guess who scored us 7 points right after we went down 10 to 20 to make it 17 to 20 and then gets the ball back and puts us back in field goal range.
Yup! Would have won the game if he didnt make a bone headed play!

Too bad he gave it up!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
sorry bro not trying to be combative but you need to watch the video that the guy just posted directly above. Swaim does not have a defensive back bracketing him. He chipped and then released out into the flat. He is literally uncovered and wide open

Prescott had plenty of time to see him and hit him

Your statement about a DB covering him just off camera is simply not accurate if you watch the video
I watched the video. There was a DB a few yards behind him. Needed 14 yards to pick up the 1st down. Swaim was only halfway there. No way does he have the athleticism to have made DBs miss him and be able to pick up the extra 7 yards needed for a 1st down.

Regardless, the 1st down once again had already been converted on the previous play, but once again, this Oline sucks donkey balls and kept committing holding penalties at the wrong time, killing 1st down conversions repeatedly and killed so many key drives.

Fix this Oline's blocking techniques and get them in better shape, everything else about this Offense will improve.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
This week’s film is going to be really bad for Dak. He missed open guys all day long. I know he does that on the regular but this time I think it’s going to be more egregious than ever.

it's the same as last week...also had 2 fumbles. Missed multiple wide open players. The W covered up a multitude of sin. This week...not so much. We got 2 weeks to discect this turd.:rolleyes:

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I watched the video. There was a DB a few yards behind him. Needed 14 yards to pick up the 1st down. Swaim was only halfway there. No way does he have the athleticism to have made DBs miss him and be able to pick up the extra 7 yards needed for a 1st down.

Regardless, the 1st down once again had already been converted on the previous play, but once again, this Oline sucks donkey balls and kept committing holding penalties at the wrong time, killing 1st down conversions repeatedly and killed so many key drives.

Fix this Oline's blocking techniques and get them in better shape, everything else about this Offense will improve.

Sorry but I have to stick on this point

Swaim stayed on the line and blocked, then released

There isn't a DB within 7 yards of him when he releases. that play might get us a first down but worst case it gets us into a situation where we can punt and shift the field rather than a TD for Washington

I'm honestly not trying to pick a fight but there is no way you can watch that video and come to the conclusion that there's a db lurking just off screen

I guess we can agree to disagree

Last edited: