Dak lost this game

renny

Reaction score
Yep and it’s also Dakar’s fault that Tyron Smith played like a bum. Was his fault our kicker missed the tying FG. Heck while we are at it let’s blame Dak for the wind the FG kicker was kicking into.
And Dak's fault Garrett allows play calling cowardly.

fishspill

Reaction score
I was just about the biggest Dak homer here the first year. After 3 preseason games I was ready to hand him the reigns. He had “it” and looked great and under control. I thought for sure he’d develop into a top 5 QB. Still, I needed to make sure he could do more in year 2, and he didn’t, he got worse. This year he’s somehow still regressing. His pocket feel and ability to slide in there is terrible. His accuracy hasn’t improved on the eye test. He’s seemingly not allowing the offense to open up downfield. He’s just not great. Bottom third or fourth QB in the league.

ClintDagger

Reaction score
Some defensive fronts are going to be good enough to crowd the line, sell out on the run, and force Dak to beat them. The Skins are one of those teams. This was one of those games where Dak had to throw this team into a running game and he couldn’t. The OL gets blame and I’m just baffled by that. If Frederick was out there I might understand the criticism of the OL. But given that there is a reserve and rookie playing, unfortunately I don’t think we can expect consistent dominance. What we’re getting is top half of the league OL play and while it would be great if it was top 3, I don’t think when you have bottom of the barrel QB, WRs, and TEs that we should spend any time at all complaining about the RB and OL.

So in a nutshell, yeah this one is on Dak. All he had to do was lead his team to 14 offensive points and not give up a defensive score. And he couldn’t.

dwreck27

Reaction score

DqEWcDMUUAEBKP2.jpg

Gallup, Zeke, and Swaim were open

That sack fumble did not need to happen!

Dak lost this game

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Receivers running open and the qb is what supposed to throw while laying flat on his back?

I'm not saying the o line was without some blame. But they weren't as bad as you make it sound

The more the qb misses open guys and hot reads the more the pressure comes

This was very evident as the 2nd half wore on

If you don't believe me look at this post directly above

That ball needs to be the hell out, long before the pressure got to him forcing the fumble

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
I'm not saying the o line was without some blame. But they weren't as bad as you make it sound

The more the qb misses open guys and hot reads the more the pressure comes

This was very evident as the 2nd half wore on

If you don't believe me look at this post directly above

That ball needs to be the hell out, long before the pressure got to him forcing the fumble
Really? Anyone care to talk about the very first drive of the game getting negated by an OL penalty?

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Yes. Of course

We went 12-4 The year he led the league in rushing. With the 15th ranked scoring defense

Your point?

Demarco was 4 seasons with us . Are you saying we went 12-4 in the seasons we had Murray ?

Where do you get your info ?
Garrett destroyed our chances with him too.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

DqEWcDMUUAEBKP2.jpg

Gallup, Zeke, and Swaim were open

That sack fumble did not need to happen!

Dak lost this game

This is crap. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Dak get a 1st down and a flag was thrown on the offensive line and he had to get 14 yards? Yeah the fumble was bad but you are changing the narrative of what really happened. Dak tried to make a play happen and was trying to get a first down. Sure going to Swaim here would've been far better than getting a sack fumble but the guy was trying to turn nothing into something.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Really? Anyone care to talk about the very first drive of the game getting negated by an OL penalty?

So, anyways,

Any comment on the picture directly above with the wide open guys prior to the fumble in the end zone?

No, I'd rather talk about a holding penalty 3 minutes into the game. Serves my narrative better

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I agree. But that fumble is unforgivable. I can’t think of a more bone headed play. Take the safety it’s 2 points. You don’t give a team a TD
How old are you? You don't know or remember the 1992 Cowboys @ Commanders matchup with the NFC East title on the line since 1985? Check out this bad memory lane video. Now THIS is most likely the most boneheaded comparable play in Cowboys history. It makes Dak's stripped fumble and cost look pedestrian.

Watch all of the highlight video (especially the very end around the 3:00 minute mark) and see for yourself.

dwreck27

Reaction score
This is crap. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Dak get a 1st down and a flag was thrown on the offensive line and he had to get 14 yards? Yeah the fumble was bad but you are changing the narrative of what really happened. Dak tried to make a play happen and was trying to get a first down. Sure going to Swaim here would've been far better than getting a sack fumble but the guy was trying to turn nothing into something.

Yeah thats football though... sorry but connor made a terrible crippling mistake...

A mistake that was amplified times 100 by dak not at the minimum throwing the ball away to allow us to punt and play defense and get the ball back!

Remember we still had all 3 time outs there with about 6 mins left on the clock only down 3! It wasn't a must score moment! That's on Dak